List Mgmt. Archer, Brady & The Board

Remove this Banner Ad

I think as more information comes out as to what has happened in 2020 there will be less attacks on journalists who have been harsh in their criticism and more anger directed at the club.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The problems began a lot earlier than 2020. Its a bit like a skydiving fatality, sure they all end on the ground but the issues are generally present well before. How we can get to a point of having 11 list cloggers is a travesty itself. The rest of the issues have just snowballed. I at least respect the club for taking the harsh first step to addressing our list.

Last edited:
I think as more information comes out as to what has happened in 2020 there will be less attacks on journalists who have been harsh in their criticism and more anger directed at the club.

With the benefit of 2020 hindsight I'm sure the club wasn't perfect when it comes to handling a totally unprecedented season but you're drawing a very long bow to direct anger at the club rather than vultures like Caro and Barrett - they are just muckraking.

I'm sure the club acted the best way they thought at the time.

With the benefit of 2020 hindsight I'm sure the club wasn't perfect when it comes to handling a totally unprecedented season but you're drawing a very long bow to direct anger at the club rather than vultures like Caro and Barrett - they are just muckraking.

Perhaps anger is too strong a word BS. Certainly a very tough year for the club, going to be more questions asked about decisions made this year that's all.

Ok. What exactly happened?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

No doubting the muckraking from Caro and Damo but we had a 7 game coach basically run the football dept through last years trade and off season. FFS. Just one of many football decisions that was questionable

Our football department has plenty of questions to answer

We have some issues that will take some time to clean up but have been laid bare.

Off field in the commercial side of things the club is absolutely flying.

The financial result of posting a profit in this environment are absolutely spectacular.

No doubting the muckraking from Caro and Damo but we had a 7 game coach basically run the football dept through last years trade and off season. FFS. Just one of many football decisions that was questionable

Our football department has plenty of questions to answer

Was he really running the football department on his own by necessity, or did he take on additional responsibilities that could have been delegated?

Many hardworking people give too much of themselves assuming responsibility that could have been delegated. This is where mentors are required to help these type of people from burning themselves out.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ve noticed a theme in your posting around this topic that you seem to know a bit about what happened in Queensland. I’d love to know what you know. Do you think we’ll ever find out?

but we had a 7 game coach basically run the football dept through last years trade and off season.

Did we? Where's the evidence? I've seen nothing but speculation.

Seems to me from the times (which were quite frequent in the early pre season) I went down to Arden St that a certain "gardener" was spending a lot of time sitting under the trees talking to North people even though he wasn't "working" at the club.

I don't think anyone is saying the FD did a good job in 2020 - there were failings everywhere on and off the field FD wise.

The extent of these errors will come to light no doubt. And we need to remember it was only 1 year ago the Board called for a full review of the FD by Peter Nash which in turn led to massive changes last year so in reality it has been 2-3 years of change.

The key though is that this has been recognised, action has been taken and new people are at the helm - we have a clear path forward.

Adding Roos as a consultant and, if needed, Vossy as coach will round the off field part of the FD nicely.

On the field we are rebuilding from the ground up as we should be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone who knows her should send her a Facebook PM and tell her to come back

Of course she’ll be limited in what she can say, being a board member, but it would be good for her to be in touch with the feelings and concerns of the members.

Someone who knows her should send her a Facebook PM and tell her to come back

Of course she’ll be limited in what she can say, being a board member, but it would be good for her to be in touch with the feelings and concerns of the members.

She'd be back if she wanted to be

Yep, she can’t due to her position, and rightly so.

I don’t get it TT
Take for instance the Membership thread
Usually negative stuff/ experiences in there
Would she be so conflicted to read it and answer a question or two?
Or take some of the concerns/ feedback back to the board or membership department ?
Just a small example

Honestly if they factored in the incredibly trying circumstances of the season any self respecting journalist would put a bit of perspective in before spewing their vitriol out to the masses.

I don’t get it TT
Take for instance the Membership thread
Usually negative stuff/ experiences in there
Would she be so conflicted to read it and answer a question or two?
Or take some of the concerns/ feedback back to the board or membership department ?
Just a small example

She can read the posts and as I understand, she gets plenty of feedback from supporters that she takes to the board. No need to engage as a poster. Sometimes on Big Footy, we overestimate our relevance and influence relative to the rest of the membership. This is a small group of people.

She can read the posts and as I understand, she gets plenty of feedback from supporters that she takes to the board. No need to engage as a poster. Sometimes on Big Footy, we overestimate our relevance and influence relative to the rest of the membership. This is a small group of people.

Fair enough
Point taken

Don't agree with "can't". She chooses not to.
Can totally understand why.

There would be so many questions asked that she's actually bound not to answer. Not answering would get the backs up of quite a few around here which isn't positive for anyone.

Don't agree with "can't". She chooses not to.

It would be suicidal to do so and she’d become the earpiece for supporter frustration, making Crapper’s brief time here seem like speed dating in comparison. Hence “can’t”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back