News Archie Perkins doesn’t want to leave home

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Archie Perkins was just on SEN. Very blatantly just said he had told recruiters that he has no interest whatsoever in leaving Victoria. Not ready to do so.

I think that would explain Twomey's phantom has him sliding to us should he be passed on by Essendon and North Melbourne, notwithstanding any live trades up the board.

____

“Yes, I have. I hope they take that on board,” Perkins told SEN Mornings. “I get that they’re doing what’s in the best interests of their footy club, but I just think personally that I’m not ready for that in this stage of my life.

“I feel like it would impact me too much and I don’t think it would be in their best interests as a footy club to have me there because I wouldn’t be 100 per cent with it, and couldn’t really commit myself 100 per cent as opposed to staying here.

“I would be ready to go and fully committed. I just don’t think I’m ready for that and I wanted to be honest about it.”

They asked him on the radio, he didn’t exactly put out a press release unprompted.

As was mentioned earlier, if they don’t want to hear the answer, don’t ask the question.
Yes but they were made publicly. B Smith and C Wingard to my knowledge never made those comments publicly. All I'm saying is if the AFL wanted to stamp it out this was their chance to come down hard as it was on public record, but they didn't, effectively green lighting this type of action in future.

I personally think an Interstate/non Victorian club should call the bluff and draft a player who says he does not want to be drafted outside Victoria if they think he is the best available player at their pick.

Gold Coast were warned not to take Rankine and Lukosius, but did so anyway, which was and still is the right call, even if one or both of them end up wanting to go home at some point.

Non Vic Clubs need to get some resolve and do not get scared off by draftees who do not wish to leave Victoria
Gold Coast were warned not to take luko and rankine by who??

I think it means something else when it comes from the kids themselves as opposed to opposition recruiting managers or fans.

If these kids do want to leave the return at trade table Is like a second hand car which makes it pretty unpalatable.

lukosius I’m not 100% sure on but rankine seems like he will stay. Usually comes back to the gc early or doesn’t go back to Adelaide at all when they have their breaks.

Sydney may think twice and take Hollands. The other two end up at one of Hawthorn, Gold Coast or Essendon, because at some point the kid is clearly best available and the risk/reward ratio tips in favour of being drafted interstate against his preference and backing in your club to make him want to stay.

This isn’t groundbreaking by any stretch. It’s been a reality of the draft since the draft started.
It’s why Thilthorpe went 1 (2).

Gold Coast were warned not to take luko and rankine by who??

I think it means something else when it comes from the kids themselves as opposed to opposition recruiting managers or fans.

If these kids do want to leave the return at trade table Is like a second hand car which makes it pretty unpalatable.

lukosius I’m not 100% sure on but rankine seems like he will stay. Usually comes back to the gc early or doesn’t go back to Adelaide at all when they have their breaks.

They asked him on the radio, he didn’t exactly put out a press release unprompted.

As was mentioned earlier, if they don’t want to hear the answer, don’t ask the question.

He didnt have to answer the question. To do so is very naive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back