Carlton
Other Teams
Storm
Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Awesome again, personal highlights including Crying Lightning, Still Take You Home and Do Me A Favour.

Miles Kane is boring.

Violent Soho were really good again.

Completely drenched in sweat.

kBuck

All Australian
Aug 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Panthers
Purchased tickets to the perth side show today! 6th of Jan. Cant wait!

Nov 1, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Saw them last night. Man, they rock much harder than expected live. Crying Lightning, Brianstorm and When the Sun Goes Down were highlights. Miles Kane was also alot more animated and extroverted on stage than I thought.

Violent Soho were a bit awkward. They were rocking hard and singing their guts out but the crowd was still small at the time and people were just standing there watching, like they were watching Bob Dylan or something.

And yeah, the crowd was very young, was not expecting the fanbase to be that young. I thought it would mostly be low 20ish year olds, but the place was chockful of teenagers.

Windy At Moorabbin

Premium Gold
Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah would of thought most people would be around 23-25 as most would have been 17-18 when Whatever people say came out

I guess a lot of them may not have the love affair they had for them circa 2006. I've liked all 4 albums but my feeling for them isn't as strong as what it was back in 2006/07. Back then I couldn't of imagined not going to their gigs when they came out here but this tour I wasn't overly fussed.

kBuck

All Australian
Aug 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Panthers
Obviously didn't go in the mosh then! That s**t was nuts at last nights show. I only lasted 3 songs in it, but I'm only 5'5 after all :d

Nov 1, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I've seen them before and they didn't impress live, a friend of mine who loves the band saw them this week, her comment was "boring monkeys".
Really? I saw them live for the first time, and they seriously surprised me by how good they were on stage. Miles Kane too, did not expect him to be that good. I knew they have a lot of fast paced danceable music, but I always saw them as being relatively mellow, but far out, they rocked the s**t out of the place. It was a different environment but they were even better than the Foo Fighters.

My Propeller would be epic, but they never seem to play it :(

Also went to Festival Hall, and also would have loved them to play My Propeller

Sadly, I was up in the bleachers. Last time they came (2 albums in/ago) I was on the front barrier. Still, didn't take anything away from the show

Didn't expect to hear Do Me A Favour, so that was a pleasant surprise. Would have loved to have heard A Certain Romance, or Ritz to Rubble, but they can't play em all!

kBuck

All Australian
Aug 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Panthers
Miles Kane too, did not expect him to be that good.

I thought he pranced around like a dooche a little to much. His set also went for way to long. I was into it for the first 4-5 songs but then it seemed to drag on forever.

Nov 1, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I thought he pranced around like a dooche a little to much. His set also went for way to long. I was into it for the first 4-5 songs but then it seemed to drag on forever.
Haha, he had this sort of Liam Gallagher, Russell Brand rock star thing going on with the swagger strut which I found quite amusing and wasn't expecting.

The_Todd07

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 8, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Red Sox 76ers
Apparently they stuffed up the new years count down twice at falls festival :d

It was a bit of a breakdown in communications between the band and the organisers.

They finished playing a song and Alex said something like "We're going to leave you for a bit while you do your countdown and then we will be back to play a few more songs", then they walked off stage.

Everyone was standing there waiting for something to happen, checking the time. 12 came and went and eventually Alex walked back out and said "I was under the impression that someone was going to come out and do the countdown with you but apparently not. Well, fook it I'll do it then, even though by now its about 1:20"

Then we did the countdown

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
No singles released for their new album but word is they are doing what most bands are these days and ditching the guitars for more synth.

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No singles released for their new album but word is they are doing what most bands are these days and ditching the guitars for more synth.
graham arnold s**t.gif

Back