Other Teams
Cards Suns City Vics
Amstel Gold:

profile.png

La Fleche Wallonne:

PROFIL.gif

Liege-Bastogne-Liege

profile-cotes.jpg

Expecting to see the likes of Sagan, Gerrans, Gilbert, Purito, Valverde as the winners this week.

Excellent race last night, what a huge win for Kreuziger. Good on him, he has had a few poor years. The big stories were Purito who crashed out and Sagan who cracked. Gerrans was strong, with a podium behind Valverde. Kwiatkowski continues to be the breakout rider of the early season with 4th. Astarloza with a good ride for Euska as well. Reckon the course change was a good move, unlike at Flanders.

Looking on to Wednesday, and Purito's crash puts a huge question mark on what is generally a race than finishes with an uphill sprint. All of a sudden the likes of Valverde, Quintana, Contador, Henao and Gilbert's chances have improved. OGE will probably look to Albasini or Weening, and let Gerrans put everything into LBL. Anton is Euska's longshot.

Amstel is a brutal course, there is just no flat for 6 hours. Everybody would have been suffering.
Everybody had to ride the same course though, and Sagan is a significantly better rider than most of them in the course.

He's only, what, 23? I reckon he's been over-raced, especially if Cannodale want him to win the Green Jersey at the tour again. Goss, Greipel, Cavendish, even relative outsiders like Kittel and Renshaw base their entire season around winning the Green Jersey and he's trying to rack up all five monuments in one season!

Yeah, possibly a fair call. Tough for Cannondale as he is their only genuine gun. Moser too, but he is a bit behind Sagan. Sagan already has more individual points than many teams will end up with at the end of the season. A Monument is bigger than the green jersey, and he almost has to get the monkey off the back, as ridiculous as that sounds for a guy in his early 20s. I am sure we won't be seeing him much between Sunday and July.

No doubt I'll do my usual sit up to watch the race only to fall asleep for the last 10km routine! I'll have to set my phone alarm, would love to see some good breakaways tonight, really make the favs teams chase hard.

Yeah that was unwatchable, couldn't put up with it at all. Happy for Moreno, he had a super season last year helping Purito. Kwiatkowski with another great result as well.

Looking forward to LBL tonight. Euska are fielding both Anton and Samu. Strong field all round actually. I'm tipping Valverde.

Sean Kelly tips everyone... Has anyone else noticed that? Throughout a race, Kelly will mention everyone is a chance of winning. I know they have to fill in time, but really, Fabrice Jeandesboz will not win, despite what you say Sean!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Magnificent bit of coverage for SBS there - have the 30 min preamble in the studio, and than the second they cut to the live pictures, the guy right at the front whips out the old fella for a mobile comfort break.

Holy shitballs, Andy Schleck is still riding with 52km to go!

Isn't this the only other race he actually tries in?

Correct, got to the finish line as well!

Great race, as always here. Martin with the huge win, he is having a huge year. Sean Kelly was certainly impressed. Hesjedal also showed his first form for the year, just in time for the Giro. It has been a really good Classics season, bring on the Giro!

Just watching the La Fleche Wallone now.

Video feed was woeful, so jumpy. All together with 5km left, Andy Schleck falling off the back which is surprising/unsurprising (given his lead up and lack of intent).

3km left, still no moves. Huge group leading the way, big teams still have big numbers. It's going to be a straight lead out sprint for the win here.

1km left, the incline increases. Carlos Betancur makes a break, pretty early from the finish. Making a good go of it, has a decent gap and not long left at all. Gilbert accelerates now, Sagan on his back wheel. Henao there too. Sagan can't keep up. Daniel Moreno now accelerates, and he's got past a fading Betancur. He's got it, great win.

Now on to watch the Liege-Bastogne-Liege.

Liege-Bastogne-Liege watching time, better late than never.

Fun finish to this one and a star packed field.

Rodriguez with the big move with 1km left, Martin comes with him. Martin kicks on, superb. He's done it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back