Are America and Australia the two most multisport cultures?

Remove this Banner Ad

HomokHarcos

Senior List
May 1, 2015
Canada
AFL Club
Richmond
Sorry didn't know what subgroup to post this in. Anyways, I'm talking about about spectator sports. Most countries have one (and in some cases two) sports that defines them, usually soccer. However, the United States has American football, baseball and basketball that are all huge parts of the culture, while Australia has Australian rules football, rugby league and cricket. What do you think?

Sorry didn't know what subgroup to post this in. Anyways, I'm talking about about spectator sports. Most countries have one (and in some cases two) sports that defines them, usually soccer. However, the United States has American football, baseball and basketball that are all huge parts of the culture, while Australia has Australian rules football, rugby league and cricket. What do you think?

Rugby Leauge is more like Ice Hockey. and then think of NSW/Qld as Canada. But Ice Hockey can actually draw a crowd. Hell Minor League Baseball games get more fans than Rugby games do.
Cricket would be like Baseball. younger people find it boring as hell, so they needed to speed it up and introduced things like T20.

Rugby Leauge is more like Ice Hockey. and then think of NSW/Qld as Canada. But Ice Hockey can actually draw a crowd. Hell Minor League Baseball games get more fans than Rugby games do.
Cricket would be like Baseball. younger people find it boring as hell, so they needed to speed it up and introduced things like T20.

How many sports leagues does the average Australian sports fan follow? Because I know several people that follow 3 different North American sports leagues.

How many sports leagues does the average Australian sports fan follow? Because I know several people that follow 3 different North American sports leagues.
Most people i know follow just one. Some others follow 2 with AFL and Soccer.

I only follow AFL, College Football and NFL, which fit in well AFL Finals start and NFL/CFB start, There is only like 2 weeks after the Superbowl before the AFL Preseason starts. and will casually watch NBA/College Basketball or have it on in the background.

I know more people that follow NHL teams than NRL but that would be different in Rugby League states, but also know more who follow Rugby Union than Rugby League.
I think the average Australian would follow 2 Australian sports AFL or one of the Rugbys in winter and Soccer or Cricket in Summer.

You should ad a poll the the OP and ask how many Australian sports you follow.

I only follow AFL, College Football and NFL, which fit in well AFL Finals start and NFL/CFB start, There is only like 2 weeks after the Superbowl before the AFL Preseason starts. and will casually watch NBA/College Basketball or have it on in the background.

I know more people that follow NHL teams than NRL but that would be different in Rugby League states, but also know more who follow Rugby Union than Rugby League.
I think the average Australian would follow 2 Australian sports AFL or one of the Rugbys in winter and Soccer or Cricket in Summer.

I think I would rather live in Victoria than anywhere else in Australia if they like both soccer and AFL there. It's seem strange that rugby league is pretty much non existent there, but then again it could be a comparison to ice hockey in southern United States.

NFL is very good, I'm glad you are a fan.

Also in that case people from New South Wales and Queensland must hate it when Melbourne Storm makes the final if people don't care about it.

Even the one sport that they follow... how much knowledge do they really have? That's what really defines them than just bragging about the recent success. I've exposed many who wear the team apparel only to realise they're more passive than the flea market Donut customer. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back