Are any of youse fellas John Grono, or do you know him? I've got his member's card

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_Moore

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 8, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Was just lying on the street in Surry Hills last night.

This baby's got premiership club status, which this year is mega-valuable, 'cause the Swans are running HOT into the last week of September.

Member since 1989, so I figured he may just be tragic enough to post/read here.

i've tried a Facebook search but it returned donuts.

HMU on PM or on myspace if it's you.

This baby's got premiership club status, which this year is mega-valuable, 'cause the Swans are running HOT into the last week of September.

Ring membership, I'm sure they'll help.

What were you doing lying in the street in Surry Hills last night? We haven't won the flag just yet.

AONP584.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swanettes, you're not gonna bloody believe it.

So after posting this thread and searching through the names of people who'd liked the Sydney Swans on Facebook, and getting nothing, I'd pretty much given up in my quest to find John Grono.

I figured I'd just mail the card back to the club, but I'm a bit of a lazy campaigner, so it's been sitting in the centre console of my car for a week.

Anyway, today my wife gets in, picks up the card and says 'why do you have John Grono's membership card'?
And I'm like 'I found it on the street. Why did you say 'John Grono' like you know who John Grono is?'
And she says 'there's this guy that works in media research called John Grono. He's been around for ages and sits on all these boards & panels for companies we work with. I deadset reckon this card might be his. How many people are called John Grono?'
And I reply 'I've tried to find this bloke on Facie, but had no luck'
And she goes: 'Try LinkedIn. All media people use that.'

Nek minnit

IMG_2819.jpg IMG_2820.jpg

First Gary Rohan kicks that goal against Richmond. Then Gary Rohan takes that mark against Essendon. Then Troy Pannell gives us an absurd 50m penalty after reaming us all night. Then Dean Towers drops that mark, allowing Rory Atkins to turn the ball over in the corridor, leading to the match-winning goal. And now this.

I'm telling ya team: it's our year. The year of the Swan.

Grono's been a member for 30 years (pretty much). He deserves this.

Last edited:
Another excuse to post this, John Grono is pic related. He bleeds red and white and would love to have his card back (or any other barcodes his fellow Swans fans can send his way).

Genuninefan.jpg

As an aside, I'm now intrigued by the John Grono story above and am hoping the infant daughter turned out ok.

Can you ask him when you see him? We do have a bye coming and I'd rather do some history than bicker about Towers for 2 weeks.

Good work J_Moore!

29 years of membership, means John Grono was there during the lean times of the early 90s, with 8,000 crowds at the SCG.

This alone deserves plaudits. Identify yourself on Saturday night John G., a good news story.

Well done J_Moore, the membership has been returned amidst a sea of imposters trying to jump in and claim it :p

Don't see a need for this thread to stay open now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back