Are Carlton a lock for the wooden spoon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As with any team, get them playing young together. They get experience. Top up with some gun free agents when the time is right. Hope for an injury free season and hey presto....also a good culture club wide is very important.

Just because you have had a decent past 6 months doesn't change the fact you were a basket case for the past 30 years, you guys are still in the saints/doggies group of its nice to see a poor club do well for once.
Just 6 months hey? Like I said I don’t hate you guys, hopefully you get another win for the year so you can sing the song. Poor blues:(

Just because you have had a decent past 6 months doesn't change the fact you were a basket case for the past 30 years, you guys are still in the saints/doggies group of its nice to see a poor club do well for once.
And you guys are up to 22 miserable years, with no end in sight.

Remember when Carlton wanted to takeover North Melbourne in the early 90s? Gee North dodged a bullet there.

Wow.
It’s all good though they have SOS:)

Carlton keep promoting they’ve got a new mindset now with a proper rebuild but I still think they have the same messiah complex for the past 15 years where one person is going to bring back their glory days.

In the mid-00s it was Pagan, in the late-00s it was Judd/Pratt, in 2013 it was Malthouse.

Now SOS is basically treated as some genius-level list builder who can turn water into wine and turn Carlton’s list into one that will dominate the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And you guys are up to 22 miserable years, with no end in sight.

Remember when Carlton wanted to takeover North Melbourne in the early 90s? Gee North dodged a bullet there.
18 months ago there appeared to be no end in sight to your troubles, now you are favourites to go back to back. Things can change extremely quickly when the modern game is so heavily reliant on intensity of effort.

I think they've now been shut for so long it's become part of their dna. Seriously, they have had that many false dawns and not even looked close to getting better.

Imagine being a 21 year old Carlton supporter. You would have seen virtually nothing other than wooden spoons, sacked coaches, and dodgy marketing campaigns.

The drafting and development has been abysmal in the last decade.

And yet, somehow we ******* lost to them

I think they've now been shut for so long it's become part of their dna. Seriously, they have had that many false dawns and not even looked close to getting better.

Imagine being a 21 year old Carlton supporter. You would have seen virtually nothing other than wooden spoons, sacked coaches, and dodgy marketing campaigns.

The drafting and development has been abysmal in the last decade.

And yet, somehow we ******* lost to them
We’ve won more finals than Essendon in the last 10 years.

Carlton help prove that #1 picks mean s**t all unless you can develop them
Spoons in 05,06,07,15 and most likely 18.
They need to invest heavily in development.
IMO footy has been bad this year because the s**t teams have gotten shitter. The gap between the best and worst teams is getting bigger.

Carlton have never adapted to life in the AFL after losing Princes Park as their home ground. The Tigers at least had the MCG as their home playing base for the past 54 years. The Bluebaggers must push Gil for a limited return to playing at least 5 games a year there, no matter how long it takes they must also campaign long and hard in order to rectify the biggest mistake in their history. I have no doubt they have thrown in the towel this season, the turret is now well and truly aimed at the spoon. Number one pick is a lock, they also need to outbid North and lure somebody to baggerland. I expect the Blues to be big players come trade week, but the number 1 pick is sacrosanct. They were thrashed by a team who had just two wins this season and already there is a huge difference between them, the Lions could actually challenge the 8 next year? The Blues play the Suns again soon and if they lose that one....stand clear!!!
As long as they don't fall for the trap of trying to get Lyon or something stupid like that, they could get themselves out of this mess. It wouldn't hurt to look at the Fagen model?

There’s that misplaced Carlton arrogance

Carlton help prove that #1 picks mean s**t all unless you can develop them
Spoons in 05,06,07,15 and most likely 18.
They need to invest heavily in development.
IMO footy has been bad this year because the s**t teams have gotten shitter. The gap between the best and worst teams is getting bigger.
There’s a chart somewhere showing, I think, Brownlow votes or medals vs draft position.

It’s definitely a blunt instrument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back