Are Collingwood going to cop some scrutiny if they lose to Port?

Remove this Banner Ad

Our key defensive posts are being guarded by midget Langdon and rookie Madgen. **** what people think of the Pies’ season, we can’t possibly do any better given the circumstances.
Do not worry adam you will have May to look after key forwards next year, after Saturday can we mark Jack R for anther 10?

Lol no that goes to Richmond fans who think that they are the most loyal fans in the competition. When in fact they are just the biggest bandwagoners in the history of sport. But as stats have proven when they start losing they are now way near as big as Collingwood and Essendon. Cop that
Didn't you barrack for Fitzroy?

Because it's funny watching the excuse be rolled out all the time.

If there is salt, it's from tears of laughter.
Insanity rules. The injuries have only become more of a reason for failure as we continue to lose more players, in particular from our defense. Howe and a doubtful Langdon to add to Reid, Schaz, Dunn, Moore, Goldsack, Appleby -our entire back half has been decimated. That's not mentioning the others who are missing. So why would injuries be a reason one week and not a good reason for a loss the following when so many are missing long term? Your obsession defies belief. Let it go and enjoy your dream run.

We could smash Port by 100 points and people will still find something to scrutinise Collingwood about.
Media praise heaps on you,brave Pies.

Btw,Tiges have injuries but these are injuries to premiership players.

Collingwood have exceeded everyone's expectations. And have done so with a list cruelled by injuries and a coach under maximum external pressure.

If they lose this week (they won't) they won't cop much scrutiny. It will be Rd 23 week and there'll be a bunch of crucial games coming up that will shape finals. All the talk will be around that. IMO.

Media praise heaps on you,brave Pies.

Btw,Tiges have injuries but these are injuries to premiership players.

Wasn't talking about the media. I was referring to the riff raff on here.

Why are Richmond supporters so envious of the media attention Collingwood is getting?

How is that our fault as supporters and is constantly mentioned in every Collingwood thread as their excuse to talk down our injuries?

That Freo game in the last round could be a tough assignment. Fyfe, Hamling and Walters all expected to play. Pies will sew up a top 8 spot if they beat port this week but as a neutral I hope they don't

I think our boys already have holidays on their minds. The only way it'll be reasonably close is if we lift for the vets we'll likely be sending off.

Both Melbourne and Collingwood have done well to take advantage of their “middle 6” draw thanks to finishing out of the 8 last year. Once finals come, each game is a two horse race, and anyone can win on the day.

I think it’s likely that Collingwood won’t win a finals game though. Next year they will have a tougher draw, it will be interesting to see how they go then.

A club's fitness and conditioning staff are just as critical to finals as the coach. If Collingwood's have failed, and their lack of depth means they can't be competitive, they have no-one else to blame. Injuries are certainly no excuse, and frankly I’ve had it “up to here” with the Collingwood/media bleating about it.

Both Melbourne and Collingwood have done well to take advantage of their “middle 6” draw thanks to finishing out of the 8 last year. Once finals come, each game is a two horse race, and anyone can win on the day.

I think it’s likely that Collingwood won’t win a finals game though. Next year they will have a tougher draw, it will be interesting to see how they go then.

A club's fitness and conditioning staff are just as critical to finals as the coach. If Collingwood's have failed, and their lack of depth means they can't be competitive, they have no-one else to blame. Injuries are certainly no excuse, and frankly I’ve had it “up to here” with the Collingwood/media bleating about it.
Mostly agree with this apart from the depth bit, think you’re right that we’re unlikely to be relevant in the finals past the first week or so. Also that you can’t entirely attribute our injury run to luck, some kind of systematic failure is probably part of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mostly agree, but the last part isn’t fair, as it will always naturally frustrate supporters when a quarter of their starting 18 are out injured and able to provide a full account of themselves in September. It’s almost like a wasted opportunity to even be there.

At the end of the day, regardless of personnel, the best side always wins the premiership in any given year, so it’s not as though it’s sometbing that’ll get harped on about after the GF.

Mostly agree with this apart from the depth bit, think you’re right that we’re unlikely to be relevant in the finals past the first week or so. Also that you can’t entirely attribute our injury run to luck, some kind of systematic failure is probably part of it.
There is no doubt that there's always some bad luck attributable to injuries, but they are an integral part of the game. I’m really interested to see how the Pies go, because win/loss says you should go out in straight sets, but the eye says you’re better than that.

Injuries are certainly no excuse, and frankly I’ve had it “up to here” with the Collingwood/media bleating about it.

Maybe if some Richmond posters on Bigfooty would stop obsessing over it, it would go away? BBC1967 has mentioned it more on the Bigfooty main board than all of the TV and radio outlets combined.

Didn't you barrack for Fitzroy?

Did you just start going to the footy last year like all Richmond supporters. Where were you in 1990 during the save our skins. Richmond are the worst supporters in the league when they start losing people like you don’t even turn up. Round 14 1993 Richmond v West Coast princess park 6,088 I’m attendance’s. What a loyal
Supporter base Richmond have. Again I have been a member and probably been to more games then you have in the last 22 years. Further to that when Richmond are a basket case again you will be nowhere to be seen.

Atleast my club can draw over 1 million people through the gate when not have finals 9 times. Richmond have only done this once in 1998 where you guys finished 9th and Collingwood still out drew Richmond and the pies finished 14th lol! Collingwood are bigger then Richmond we just don’t include cats and dogs in our membership. Those 60,000 3 game members might look good on paper but when Richmond start losing be interesting to see how much they lose. After 4 seasons of seeing Collingwood out of the finals if our base is 75,000 we are doing very well. When we are challenging next year 100,000 easy for the pies

There is no doubt that there's always some bad luck attributable to injuries, but they are an integral part of the game. I’m really interested to see how the Pies go, because win/loss says you should go out in straight sets, but the eye says you’re better than that.
It would take a real 'out of the box' performance for us to be in a prelim or GF. If our performances against the best teams continue we wont quite be up to it

But the depth at the Pies has been excellent!
Having you been watching this year?

I’m so you’ve ‘had it’ with the praise the media have given the Pies. For premiers, it seems you guys are really affected by the Pies.

I’m so you’ve ‘had it’ with the praise the media have given the Pies. For premiers, it seems you guys are really affected by the Pies.
Come on. The only top 8 team you’ve beaten is against the only team that hasn’t beaten any top 8 team.

And if your depth is so great, why is anyone complaining about injuries?
Maybe you’ll be like Richmond last year, reach top four in a “middle 6” draw, but then you need to take your game to the next level and actually beat a good team.

Did you just start going to the footy last year like all Richmond supporters. Where were you in 1990 during the save our skins. Richmond are the worst supporters in the league when they start losing people like you don’t even turn up. Round 14 1993 Richmond v West Coast princess park 6,088 I’m attendance’s. What a loyal
Supporter base Richmond have. Again I have been a member and probably been to more games then you have in the last 22 years. Further to that when Richmond are a basket case again you will be nowhere to be seen.

Atleast my club can draw over 1 million people through the gate when not have finals 9 times. Richmond have only done this once in 1998 where you guys finished 9th and Collingwood still out drew Richmond and the pies finished 14th lol! Collingwood are bigger then Richmond we just don’t include cats and dogs in our membership. Those 60,000 3 game members might look good on paper but when Richmond start losing be interesting to see how much they lose. After 4 seasons of seeing Collingwood out of the finals if our base is 75,000 we are doing very well. When we are challenging next year 100,000 easy for the pies
Been a member since 1967. GO Lions

Yeah so affected two wins totalling 12 goals.Yeah I know - wait till you get your best 22. Get over your selves and take one week at a time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back