Are dogs the most overrated thing in the modern world?

Are dogs the most overrated thing in the world?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Your basing that on nothing but reputation when you probably haven't researched or owned a dog yourself.
Whilst I'm loathe to make generalisations about one breed being safe and another being dangerous, it's undeniable that certain breeds have specifically been bred for aggression over many generations. A large, highly aggressive breed needs much more careful training to prevent it being dangerous than one that is less aggressive.

Most people don't train their dogs perfectly, so it's reasonable to have a degree of trepidation about certain breeds.

It depends on what sort of person you are. I have a beautiful 14 month old border collie and she is just fantastic. We look forward to our morning walks every day and she does make every day better with the unconditional love she gives.

If you put in the hard work for the first 12 months with training and obedience, then you are generally rewarded with a very positive experience throughout its lifetime.

The issue is when you get a dog for the wrong reasons and refuse to give it the attention it needs after the novelty wears off. It’s one of my biggest pet peeves. People really need to do a better job of matching a breed to their lifestyle choices.

not really true is it. I'd rather be locked in a room with an untrained labrador than an untrained pit bull.

Both untrained or an untrained lab vs a pit bull trained to fight?

Remember the military uses Belgium shepherds as attack dogs, which are more similar to labs than pit bull.

Yay! Dogs!

kc3qmlpygpc51.jpg

Dogs are only in it for the shelter and the grub.

A better deal elsewhere and they are off like a shot.

But who wouldn't be?

To me, a wombat or echidna hanging around the joint would be much better.

Dogs are only in it for the shelter and the grub.

A better deal elsewhere and they are off like a shot.

But who wouldn't be?

To me, a wombat or echidna hanging around the joint would be much better.
Ive had echidnas, wallabies, goannas,peacocks kookaburras and multiple other varieties of birds make my place their home for short term and some long term.
If I had a dog or a cat this wouldn't happen

Ive had echidnas, wallabies, goannas,peacocks kookaburras and multiple other varieties of birds make my place their home for short term and some long term.
If I had a dog or a cat this wouldn't happen
We are preaching from the same hymn book.
Dogs are let off the hook far too often for the damage they cause to the environment (let alone aural pollution).
I just do not understand why so many concessions and allowances are made for them with regards to behaviour and habits.
Conduct that is simply not tolerated in other animals or commonly held pets.
The hold they have on a significant number of the population bewilders me.

We are preaching from the same hymn book.
Dogs are let off the hook far too often for the damage they cause to the environment (let alone aural pollution).
I just do not understand why so many concessions and allowances are made for them with regards to behaviour and habits.
Conduct that is simply not tolerated in other animals or commonly held pets.
The hold they have on a significant number of the population bewilders me.

It's a Canine conspiracy I tells ya....They're in league with the devil.

Things dog morons say:

"My dog is such a great judge of character"
"I never trust a person who hates dogs, but I always trust a dog who doesn't like a human"

Your dog eats their own poo. It is a dumb animal. And you trust their judgment?

Hitler's dog loved him too. What a great judge of character he was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blows me away what people will pay to buy a dog these days , starting price seems to be around $3000

Then the thousands they spend on vet bills

Screw that
My dog (RIP Rastas ) cost me $25

Blows me away what people will pay to buy a dog these days , starting price seems to be around $3000

Then the thousands they spend on vet bills

Screw that
My dog (RIP Rastas ) cost me $25

Dog prices went though the roof in Covid.

Breeders ask too much these days.

How make happiness do your dog give you?

Can't put a cost on that.

My sister and her boyfriend bought a pure breed Bulldog that they asked me to dog sit, it chewed everything I owned, snored all f***ing night.

I still couldn't get mad at it, it just did the sad dumb Bulldog eyes woe is me shtick that took all the rage out of me.

Was at a party last weekend and this one couple spent the entire time looking at their phones. Turns out they were watching their dog on the camera the whole time and the second it moved they got up and went home. :oops:

People pay a fortune for pure breed dogs and they are usually the worst dogs in terms of personality, the mixed breed mutts are usually the best dogs.

My purebreed (Greyhound) cost me $70 lol

Back