Are dogs the most overrated thing in the modern world?

Are dogs the most overrated thing in the world?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Stink, destroy things and bark. Mine is hypo psychopath.

Sounds like it needs more love & attention to me.

Not really. Rats make awesome pets.

Come to think of it, Rats probably are more affectionate than Cats too.

The argument for Cats just keeps on getting worserer & worserer.

You might want to find him another chair to play. The fences are looking ready for a doggy demolition

Old Lounge, Air Conditioning Wiring, Shoes, Weather Station, BBQ Gas line, Sprinkler system.

Just a few things he has destroyed. The back yard is pretty much empty now with the air cons fenced off.

Old Lounge, Air Conditioning Wiring, Shoes, Weather Station, BBQ Gas line, Sprinkler system.

Just a few things he has destroyed. The back yard is pretty much empty now with the air cons fenced off.

Might be time to consult the dog shrink.

Paging Doctor Harry Cooper.

Might be time to consult the dog shrink.

Paging Doctor Harry Cooper.

I’ve seen a few episodes of his old show ‘Harry’s Pracitce’ on 7TWO, usually early in the morning or on a weekday afternoon. What I’ve gathered from watching is that he loves going around to someone’s house at about 7am for a ‘surprise house visit’ and is shocked to find the pet owners are all in pyjamas and have just rolled out of bed. You’d think they’d call before they came or waited until the late morning/afternoon before visiting

How often / far is he walked? A dog that size being kept in a suburban back yard should be walked / run for at least 30 minutes EVERY day, or you shouldn't be keeping him there. When my Rottie was alive we had a small back yard, but I'd take him out for a run with me each night. Used up his energy doing that, rather than wrecking everything in sight.

How often / far is he walked? A dog that size being kept in a suburban back yard should be walked / run for at least 30 minutes EVERY day, or you shouldn't be keeping him there. When my Rottie was alive we had a small back yard, but I'd take him out for a run with me each night. Used up his energy doing that, rather than wrecking everything in sight.

Brother runs him every night during the working week. And he gets the dog park most sunday mornings. He's only 1 so still a bit dopey. He's not big. Picture is deceiving. He's a Staffy x

Brother runs him every night during the working week. And he gets the dog park most sunday mornings. He's only 1 so still a bit dopey. He's not big. Picture is deceiving. He's a Staffy x

I’m not a dog person but if I did get one . It would be a cattle dog , cool as , walking with you in a knowing way in the city .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah and thats what i ****en love about them
Compensated for the hilarity with cats when they do something clumsy and realise you've seen and then try to pretend nothing happened, but they know that you know and your laughter burns them up (like when they fall off the back of a couch or run and trip).

Not overrated at all as it's not their fault we are currently living in a time where people are using them as entertainment or a means to gain attention on social media.

I'm not suggesting it is the dog's fault, but they are certainly overrated by us humans which is the point.

Dogs are non-judgemental. Cats on the other hand are in contempt of humans 95% of the time.

Yeah, but who gives 2 tosses about a Cats opinion anyhow?....Alls they're good for are making dim sims & banjo strings outta….Gnarly little asthma carriers.

Last edited:
"Benji" aka couch destroyer was diagnosed with Meningitis last month. He was a day away from being euthanized after showing no signs of improvement. As of today he is still on steroids and almost back to his normal self.

I certainly had a short fuse with him wrecking everything before hand but now you don't realize how much they mean to you after they almost let go.

Pic a day before being taken to the Emergency Hospital. Local vet sent him home with what they thought was a bladder infection.

doggo.jpg

Pic from this arvo

Doggo 2.jpg

Back