Are dogs the most overrated thing in the modern world?

Are dogs the most overrated thing in the world?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

"Benji" aka couch destroyer was diagnosed with Meningitis last month. He was a day away from being euthanized after showing no signs of improvement. As of today he is still on steroids and almost back to his normal self.

I certainly had a short fuse with him wrecking everything before hand but now you don't realize how much they mean to you after they almost let go.

Pic a day before being taken to the Emergency Hospital. Local vet sent him home with what they thought was a bladder infection.

View attachment 732495

Pic from this arvo

View attachment 732497

Ewwwww......

Broncos.

Dogs are awesome esp the larger breeds.

Jack Russell's have far more personality than most big dogs, though I understand why they're not everyone's cup of tea....Very energetic & always on the go.

Hell of a lot cheaper to feed too.....Small dogs also live longer than their bigger friends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

best thread ever on this subject:

"single girls with dogs" https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-65492.html

Sites like that will poison your brain man.

Reminds me of bb.com misc. I'll occasionally go on there to check for anything funny but 99% of the time it's just a depressing sewer of guys denouncing all girls as sl*ts while simultaneously harbouring this overwhelming anger that none of them will sleep with them. And of course they lack the self-awareness to see the inherent contradiction in their world view.

It's no surprise to me that some of the mass shooters in the US have been active on that site, it's a toxic environment for people who aren't well adjusted enough to take it all as a joke.

Sites like that will poison your brain man.

Reminds me of bb.com misc. I'll occasionally go on there to check for anything funny but 99% of the time it's just a depressing sewer of guys denouncing all girls as sl*ts while simultaneously harbouring this overwhelming anger that none of them will sleep with them. And of course they lack the self-awareness to see the inherent contradiction in their world view.

It's no surprise to me that some of the mass shooters in the US have been active on that site, it's a toxic environment for people who aren't well adjusted enough to take it all as a joke.

I used to go there mostly for the IFBB bodybuilding subforum when it was active, but it's completely and utterly dead now so now I only visit bb.com a few times a year. Even the misc is pretty much dead and a shadow of what it once was.

I’ve almost grown out of them tbh, just because our latest in a real nuisance.

They’re still interesting to have round but pick your breed wisely.

Well my cat, Henry Gonzolaz, thinks so.

My dog Russel still licks him with kindness anyway.

So I reckon, no, dogs are not over rated.

Compensated for the hilarity with cats when they do something clumsy and realise you've seen and then try to pretend nothing happened, but they know that you know and your laughter burns them up (like when they fall off the back of a couch or run and trip).
lmao, never noticed before but this is so true.

They're not overrated but too many people have dogs that have no business owning pets, almost like the only reason they have them is to fill a void in their lives. I've got a mate who is a decent bloke but always travelling for family or "personal" reasons and never takes his two dogs with him, so at least half a dozen times a year he does the call around asking if anyone can dogsit at his place or leave the dogs at our place. There are times when he is away for several weeks on end. I did it once and as much as I enjoy dogs, his two did my head in - they aren't well trained and haven't been "fixed up" and one of them kept shitting in my spa ffs.

If they do not fit in with your current lifestyle then don't get one, get a bird, fish, reptile or even a cat but dogs are needy and reliant on humans more so than many other pets.

Back