Are Essendon the new Richmond?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, who could forget 1897, 1901, 1911, 1912, 1923, 1924, 1942, 1946, 1949, 1950, 1962 and 1965. You definitely s**t all over North's finals record from 1897 to 1924 particularly - I'm actually mortified by how lop-sided it is in your favour. And the 1950 grand final still really burns. Can't argue with the facts, kudos to you.
Thank you Alex, and let's face it 4x4= 16 ! Also, lets not forget that Essendon have carried your and other clubs for decades!

Thank you Alex, and let's face it 4x4= 16 ! Also, lets not forget that Essendon have carried your and other clubs for decades!

Ergo propping up other teams for decades entitles you to the right to disgrace the competition yes? ;)

Frankly rather be a minnow who does not go Dr Frankenstein on people.

Could use the same logic for many teams

Flags in last 15 years

Essendon 0
North Melbourne 0
Richmond 0
GWS 0
West Coast 0
Adelaide 0

Does not necessarily make you better or even the equal of any of those teams this year or into the future either.

And if you don't win a final in the next 3 years you will be Richmond with the red sash :p
I agree
Saints 0.

Complete failure. It's the be all and end all.

It's absurd to call this a failed year by the Bombers. At the start of the season very few except their most diehard supporters were predicting finals.
That goes against their membership growth for the year.
"The AFL on Wednesday released club membership numbers for the 2017 season, with Essendon recording the largest total increase (10,274) of all 18 clubs."

The bandwagon grew exponentially, when they thought they were onto a good thing.

Yeah we really overrated Paddy Ryder and Michael Hibberd. AA says hello. Jake Carlisle had a fantastic year. Even Melksham had a great year and Melbourne supporters are happy with him.
I said SOME not all ,remember scott gumblton? Yeah well your club and dodoro specifically 'held out' and postured for days during trade week because instead of pick 58 dodo insisted ...wait for it ...that freo hand over it s pick 55 instead.....for an out of contract player who was all but finished but was trying for one last chance at an afl career back in his home state .....just think about that for a minute and compare it to the likes of hawks ,cats and swans and how they operate at the trade table.
Even the 2 you mention ryder and carlisle left because of a failure in duty of care to them by the club,yet they still dug their heels in over them aswell.
As i said the clubs always in the right and never at fault. Its not really the ideal modus operandi by a football club if it needs a genuine review/apprasial of itself in order to self evaluate objectively

I said SOME not all ,remember scott gumblton? Yeah well your club and dodoro specifically 'held out' and postured for days during trade week because instead of pick 58 dodo insisted ...wait for it ...that freo hand over it s pick 55 instead.....for an out of contract player who was all but finished but was trying for one last chance at an afl career back in his home state .....just think about that for a minute and compare it to the likes of hawks ,cats and swans and how they operate at the trade table.
Even the 2 you mention ryder and carlisle left because of a failure in duty of care to them by the club,yet they still dug their heels in over them aswell.
As i said the clubs always in the right and never at fault. Its not really the ideal modus operandi by a football club if it needs a genuine review/apprasial of itself in order to self evaluate objectively
We got fantasia for that pic. Good work jackets

You didn't say some, you said
They genuinely seem to rate (or in quite a few cases overate) their players trade worth badly and hence have ended up with a poor reputation at trade time.

None of the players overate, they were in great nick when they got to their clubs. Regardless I think you'll find St Kilda, Port Adelaide and Melbourne are happy with what they gave up to get Carlisle, Ryder and Hibberd. Sorry that your third round draft pick didn't amount to much because it was used on an injury prone player that continued to get injured. Actually it doesn't sound like you lost much at all. Let's hear about all those other cases where Essendon overrated their players trade worth badly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back