anchor man

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2001
Success WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dockers ∧South Fremantle
With all the hype going on at the moment about our club, Are we in trouble?
It seems all the hype about the club and the issues are coming from the East coast journalists, mainly from Melbourne.
We all know that there is bad blood between Wahtely and Lyon, so I guess we can take what he says as sour grapes and with a pinch of salt.Carro Wilson has never said a good word about Fremantle or Ross Lyon from my knowledge.If these people are getting info, where is it coming from.Do we have a parasite at the club who is leaking these issues.
Tim Gossage said that the rumours are not coming from the WA media.Are they not doing the their job correctly , or is the mole only selling his info to the media from the east?

Looking at the issues in isolation, they're really not that big of a deal and largely have been dealt with properly by the club. Collectively it is a bit of a concern but it's absolutely being blown out of proportion.

My guess is the presser later will see Ross Lyon go on paid leave for a period of time.

On field performance is the only true way to reduce the noise.

Make no mistake. If we lose this weekend to the Saints? My golly will it be on for young and old with the medias'own agendas.

A win will reduce the noise but every poor performance will see the knives come out.

Ross may be thick skinned and the board strong in solidarity but lose and they'll be put to the test.

Yes. Time to wind the club up, fold and start supporting the mob up the road.
Hey Wally the smell of the paint is going to your head and your hallucinating about joining The Enemy or have you been on the Turps?

My guess is the presser later will see Ross Lyon go on paid leave for a period of time.

Really? I'll be surprised if it's anything that drastic.

My guess is it'll be "we're all in this together, mistakes have been made but lessons have been learnt. Support the individual, challenge the behaviour, yada, yada, yada."

I expect Ross to coach this weekend.

My guess is it'll be "we're all in this together, mistakes have been made but lessons have been learnt. Support the individual, challenge the behaviour, yada, yada, yada."

Probably should have written that If there was going to be anything happening to Ross, that'd be it.

I fully expect nothing will happen, even more so after the club has shown support to Ross. Which they absolutely should be so that's pleasing to see.

Hey Wally the smell of the paint is going to your head and your hallucinating about joining The Enemy or have you been on the Turps?
I love the smell of paint; don’t judge me.

(I’d be caught shoving a chopstick up my third eye before I was caught supporting that vile yellow and blue pile of sick up the road ;))

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the smell of paint; don’t judge me.

(I’d be caught shoving a chopstick up my third eye before I was caught supporting that vile yellow and blue pile of sick up the road ;))
Just to be clear it’s the “4th eye”. If you’ve been trying to tap into spiritual enlightenment by using your bell end then well, carry on I guess...

No prizes for backing in the $1.10 favourite with this prediction but kudos

Would say there has been a level of expectation put on the culture & leadership group to melt away individual poor behavior.

We’ve seen the recruitment of players who had established reps as damaged goods but backed them in. Not the worst practice but you have to walk the talk.

With the shift from Pav, the list overhaul, the lack of onfield success, disharmony in the coaches box and HR issues it’s clear we need to right the ship before taking on those that need a healthy environment.

Really big month of footy coming up.

Injuries and off field issues could see our season cooked at the half way mark. But if we can win 2 of the next 4 and get Hill, Walters, Taberner, Bennell back around the bye without losing any more of our best 12 players we could have a really good year.

I reckon it's always been fair to say that the WA media have taken pleasure in kicking Freo at every opportunity. RTB has pissed of plenty of people because he doesn't suffer fools gladly and the fact that none of them got the scoop on him moving to the Dockers has always grated on the hyena news hacks that loiter around the AFL hoping for a whiff of scandal.

Don't forget Slobbo always reckoned there was nothing to see at Essendon :rolleyes:. The whole Eagles saga was kept as quiet as possible despite Woosha and Nesbitt apparently being the only two people in Perth who didn't know Benny and half the team were on the gear. And now it turns out that Bomber Thompson has been behaving like Hunter S Thompson since he was as Geelong and nobody says anything until the cops charge him with drug trafficking. GWS hiding kids from the ASADA drug testers. Now all of those are real trouble.

So at the moment we're having some trouble but as far as being a troubled club - nah we'll be fine. Keep playing the kids as much as possible and stick fat. Good times are ahead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back