Are Fremantle a troubled club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo have some troubled journalists who can't admit they were wrong or may have made more out of something than there was.

Ross got on the sauce and made a goose of himself, years ago, he copped his whack, as did the club and all concerned moved on.
An accusation was thought about, and not followed through with.
A player gets on the sauce and makes a goose of himself, removed from the leadership group.

This not a troubled club. It could be better, yes it could.

But it's hardly players fighting, burning dwarves and sexual assault charges in court.

Is this one of your Jedi mind tricks? I'm an Eagles fan. I can see them playing finals and maybe (maybe) sneaking into the top 4 if everything goes right but even I can't see them making the GF. Surely at least one of Adelaide, Sydney, GWS or Geelong will get a good run with injuries come finals and contend with Richmond.

The logo gave it away

GWS have been underwhelming and can't cope with injuries as well as WC

Adelaide have been good and not so good.

Sydney are also beatable

It's a long season and teams will struggle to beat wc at optus. Finish top 2 and then WC may only need to play at the G for the GF

The logo gave it away

GWS have been underwhelming and can't cope with injuries as well as WC

Adelaide have been good and not so good.

Sydney are also beatable

It's a long season and teams will struggle to beat wc at optus. Finish top 2 and then WC may only need to play at the G for the GF
Think the fact than Sydney already beat West Coast at Optus puts a bit of doubt on this. They certainly are tracking nicely though, but it all depends on injuries this year ... the competitons just that even (besides maybe Richmond).

#metoo is overall a good thing though, cant discredit the whole movement because a few people exploit it.
Oh I wasn't really discrediting it , more just highlighting the 'favourable' climate that exists atm (partially due to it)for these types of scenarios to be abused.

Without a doubt it's provided a good platform for awareness and an avenue for genuine victims but like most of these ''movements/campaigns" some people will always look to take advantage of them.

Anyway as quickly as this utter shitstorm of media diorreaha appeared its now pretty much gone, time to get outraged about someone or thing else now

What a society!

Squiggle has the Eagles playing off in the GF (which would be awesome but not very likely) and Collingwood in the 8 above GWS and Melbourne. I wouldn't be giving the system too much credit. Melbourne finishing 9th again would be hilarious though.

Squiggle is more reliable than reading entrails, and you don't have to wash the hands afterwards - so what's not to like ;)

Just saw the posting history of an incel on the SRP board.

A poster who wanted Lyon sacked for his comments to that women.

Footy fans are amazing on their high horse.

I really think the coaches need to ask the question of the the reporters more, 'what is your source?' or 'who gave you that information?' Its time some of these s**t stain journalists start getting publicly discreddited or made to prove they have some sort of journalistic intregrity. Im all for the media exposing stuff through leaks or whatever but they got to raise their standards.

I really think the coaches need to ask the question of the the reporters more, 'what is your source?' or 'who gave you that information?' Its time some of these s**t stain journalists start getting publicly discreddited or made to prove they have some sort of journalistic intregrity. Im all for the media exposing stuff through leaks or whatever but they got to raise their standards.

I prefer the way it was handled. Give them nothing. On one of the podcasts I listened to someone mentioned the disparity between the initial 5 figure settlement and then the kater larger amount.

They were asking why the club hadn't disputed the new figure and my thinking is, why should they give it oxygen?

If they come out and say "well it was actually a $15,000 settlement from the club to a former employee" they are not inky breaching the NDA but giving the story oxygen to continue to burn.

The media can EAD.

Funnily there's thousands of sports "journalists" sniffing around for anything that might be the slightest bit controversial.

Meanwhile large corporations have made a fortune diverting their income to offshore tax havens and the Australian banks have raped and pillaged for years with impunity. Where were the ace reporters while all that was going on? Sitting outside Ben Cousin's house I suppose...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funnily there's thousands of sports "journalists" sniffing around for anything that might be the slightest bit controversial.

Meanwhile large corporations have made a fortune diverting their income to offshore tax havens and the Australian banks have raped and pillaged for years with impunity. Where were the ace reporters while all that was going on? Sitting outside Ben Cousin's house I suppose...

BUt but ...they need a tax break so money will trickle down to the workers:rolleyes:.
They are the true criminals of society... absolute leaches.

One of my all time favourite acts of righteousness was amongst the ball tampering scandal where Steve smith lost his sponsorship with the Commonwealthbank.
The commonwealth ****ing bank .

Apparently they didn't want to be associated with someone who's values didn't align to theirs ...absolute lol

The same bank being hammered for dodgy financial advice , the same bank that takes delight in sending businesses and mortgages to the wall , that syphon every cent out of ordinary decent customers -all leading to whole range of detrimental issues in society and heartache amongst so many people and families

But yeah would hate for Steve smiths actions to tarnish their upstanding reputation....

Give me a f***en break

Last edited:
...One of my all time favourite acts of righteousness was amongst the ball tampering scandal where Steve smith lost his sponsorship with the Commonwealthbank...

...Apparently they didn't want to be associated with someone who's values didn't align to theirs ...absolute lol...

...But yeah would hate for Steve smiths actions to tarnish their upstanding reputation....

Give me a f***en break

Not excusing Steves actions but he took it on the chin, showed GENUINE remorse.. That may prove to be what saves him in the end rather than Davy Warner who was superficial, fake.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back