Black Stripe

Yellow Paint
Feb 15, 2019
Liverpool
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Oklahoma City and Sydney Thunder
Is it possible that Geelong go through the rest of the season undefeated?

No return games against Collingwood, GWS or West Coast who are likely to be the other top 4 teams.

Black Stripe

Yellow Paint
Feb 15, 2019
Liverpool
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Oklahoma City and Sydney Thunder
Coming off a bye, Port away looks a tough assignment

I just had a look at Geelong's record the week after a bye under Chris Scott.

4 wins 11 losses :oops: that's crazy considering Chris Scott's overall win percentage as coach is 70%

Win against Port Adelaide coming off a bye and I'm confident that the qualifying final won't be an issue with the pre finals bye.

If struck by injuries will be found out
So Touhy, Danger, Stanley, Selwood x2, Hendo, Menegola, Fogarty, Cockatoo, CGuthrie, Henry etc missing games meant what?

How many of those are best 22?
Danger
J Selwood
Stanley
Tuohy
Menegola
C Guthrie
Henry

all comfortably best 22

Fogarty
Cockatoo

likely best 22 but unproven due to injuries

S Selwood
Henderson

borderline due to age/injuries

Mar 11, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Danger
J Selwood
Stanley
Tuohy
Menegola
C Guthrie
Henry

all comfortably best 22

Fogarty
Cockatoo

likely best 22 but unproven due to injuries

S Selwood
Henderson

borderline due to age/injuries
You should know by now only Rich have injuries not Coll/Saints/Melb/Carlton etc etc
And i still have the Saints list as the worst since it could well be 3 players never playing again not just missing games

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Is it possible that Geelong go through the rest of the season undefeated?

No return games against Collingwood, GWS or West Coast who are likely to be the other top 4 teams.

But games against Freo, Adel and Syd who’ve beaten Coll, GWS and West Coast respectively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lol Geelong lose Selwood and Dangerfield for 1 or 2 games each along with a bunch of no names and think they have had injuries smh
giphy.gif

Last edited:

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Lol Geelong lose Selwood and Dangerfield for 1 or 2 games each along with a bunch of no names and think they have had injuries smh
We played the 2013 finals campaign with no ruckman and no full forward (hawkins). Chapman was the sub against Freo and suspended for the prelim. We were one kick from the 2013 grand final.

Clubs having injuries isn't some new thing invented by Richmond. Many clubs before you have had chances go by the wayside on what ifs. Looking at the injury lists of other clubs in 2017, you could say that Richmond bradbury'd that flag, hence why they've gone nowhere since.

Seriously get a grip. This isn't your year, just chill and let the season ride out. Lame excuses like injuries won't win you the sympathy you so desire.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
looking great - if ablett can hold up at the pointy end of the season id be very nervous about playing them - ablett negates the mcgovern effect for us as his delivery i50 is just immaculate - laser guided mcgovern proof passes.

Big if but - geelong should be carefully managing his minutes now they are so far ahead.

We played the 2013 finals campaign with no ruckman and no full forward (hawkins). Chapman was the sub against Freo and suspended for the prelim. We were one kick from the 2013 grand final.

Clubs having injuries isn't some new thing invented by Richmond. Many clubs before you have had chances go by the wayside on what ifs. Looking at the injury lists of other clubs in 2017, you could say that Richmond bradbury'd that flag, hence why they've gone nowhere since.

Seriously get a grip. This isn't your year, just chill and let the season ride out. Lame excuses like injuries won't win you the sympathy you so desire.
Collingwood in 2018 and the Dogs in 2016 did OK with huge injury lists.

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
Collingwood in 2018 and the Dogs in 2016 did OK with huge injury lists.
And WC last year.

But no the Tigers are the only side to have bad injuries ever and it's completely ok that they've gone down like a bag of s**t because of them. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham

Lol Richmond lose Rance, Riewoldt and a bunch of duds and blame their smashings by all the good teams on injuries.

I remember people comparing him to Jordan Murdoch at trade time last year, saying that Geelong were essentially replacing one player with another of similar ability by getting rid of Murdoch and bringing in Rohan.

There is lots of egg on faces that is for sure.
Not me I was over the moon when we picked him up and even argued with Geelong supporters about it.

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
The Cats are certainly in the box seat but hardly unbeatable. See Geelong 2008. I honestly thought they were unbeatable but there you have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back