Are Geelong unbeatable?

Where will Geelong finish this year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a ridiculous thread. Right now Geelong is the team to beat, but unbeatable? Stop trolling.

I love what the Cats have shown this year, but I certainly want to see more of the season play out before getting ahead of myself.

I think the Bombers will really push us. I wouldn't be surprised if we drop that game. Richmond will also give us a run for our money, injuries notwithstanding.

Come finals, if we're sitting top two and cruise through to a Prelim, then I'll be feeling quite good about things. Until then, this is nothing more than great early season form.

Fully expecting that after a week of all and sundry pumping up their tyres we will get pumped by the Bombers this week.
Happens every time this club gets on a roll, they believe what is being written/said about them and go away from what they have been doing well and Essendon are just the team to deliver the reality check they are bound to receive this weekend, they play a high speed game that doesn't allow the backline to get set
Not this year. it has a different look and feel to it. Our forwards won't allow them easy space like the last couple of times we've met. That's the key to beating Essendon

Wouldn't have won at Optus.

Geelong are always pretenders.

This belongs on the bay. If you genuinely think your team would have been 10 goals better at home, then I'd love some of what you're smoking

Ok turns out I'm full of ****, I just have some recollection of Essendon winning against Geelong as big underdogs. I guess it only happened twice?
Last two times

We beat them in the recent JLT game though

Hahaha What a stupid question you must be trying to mock them, giving a good team a touch up at their little fortress in round 6 is nothin special. Whilst they have had a really good start to the year I personally think playing in a prelim would be their best. I wouldnt be suprised if the bombers knocked them of this week.

Well considering they lost to the giants at home who lost to the Eagles then I was suggest that they are very beatable. The comp is very confusing at the moment, some weeks its almost like anyone can beat anyone. Every team is beatable even if they seem faultless, just like Richmond in 2018 and Geelong in 2008.

It’s the Cats and daylight this season so yeh if they can get it done on the big day in September you could answer yes to the OP.

They’ve been really clever recycling players from other clubs and adding mature aged rookies to their list. They are the best in the league at doing it and have been for a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’ve been really clever recycling players from other clubs .....They are the best in the league at doing it and have been for a while.
Hawks won a few premierships using that model, IIRC

Hahaha What a stupid question you must be trying to mock them, giving a good team a touch up at their little fortress in round 6 is nothin special. Whilst they have had a really good start to the year I personally think playing in a prelim would be their best. I wouldnt be suprised if the bombers knocked them of this week.

Funny you say that, I sort of agree with you.
We are going ‘well’ which doesn’t really surprise me and I was telling everyone of course we will make finals especially with a far easier draw. We were better than 8th suggested but people always look at ladder position and think that’s all that matters.

However are people now going the other way overreacting to us? I knew we were better than people assumed. Last year we were in every h&a game except the Essendon one, had the 2nd best % etc.
But now we are 5-1 on top, people are very narrow minded. Top means best!

Of our victories, Collingwood would be our best one. However Melbourne (terrible) Adelaide (were in terrible form) Hawthorn are not very good and west coast were simply a joke.

The thing is our fixture opens up more. Of the good sides we only play Richmond and at a stretch Essendon this week. Port away will be tough.

We still get north, Sydney and dogs twice, throw in another 3 home games, a trip to the GC and really anything less than top 4 would be a debacle. Without injury top 2.

After last year I realise how simple people are. They look at a ladder and the assumptions are formed based off that alone.
Last year we underachieved, this year I think we will overachieve. I rate us but maybe not in the best 2-3 but that’s where we will likely finish after Rd 23.
We might make a preliminary final again which for us is a pretty good result but will be seen as chokers.

Essendon this week is a huge test. One I’m not confident on but I am confident on finishing high up the ladder.

Funny you say that, I sort of agree with y
Ll llllm
We are going ‘well’ which doesn’t really surprise me and I was telling everyone of course we will make finals especially with a far easier draw. We were better than 8th suggested but people always look at ladder position and think that’s all that matters.

However are people now going the other way overreacting to us? I knew we were better than people assumed. Last year we were in every h&a game except the Essendon one, had the 2nd best % etc.

Of our victories, Collingwood would be our best one. However Melbourne (terrible) Adelaide (were in terrible form) Hawthorn are not very good and west coast were simply a joke.

The thing is our fixture opens up moremmlllmoremmllll l
L
Ĺ
Funny you say that, I sort of agree with you.

The thing is our fixture opens up more. Of the good sides we only play Richmond and at a stretch Essendon this week. Port away will be tough.

We still get north, Sydney and dogs twice, throw in another 3 home games, a trip to the GC and really anything less than top 4 would be a debacle. Without injury top 2.

After last year I realise how simple people are. They look at a ladder and the assumptions are formed based off that alone.
Last year we underachieved, this year I think we will overachieve. I rate us but maybe not in the best 2-3 but that’s where we will likely finish after Rd 23.
We might make a preliminary final again which for us is a pretty good result but will be seen as chokers.

Essendon this week is a huge test. One I’m not confident on but I am confident on finishing high up the ladder.

Very intelligent mate.No one would fool you.

Yes , statistics say they don't win more than 50% of games outside of Kardinia Park so they get beaten a lot. They could in fact be out of the top eight in a few weeks.

Yes , statistics say they don't win more than 50% of games outside of Kardinia Park so they get beaten a lot. They could in fact be out of the top eight in a few weeks.
You just made that up, didn't you?

Between 2012 (post premiership era) and 2018, in only ONE season did Geelong win more games at home than away, and that was last year (13 wins, 8 at home). In the other six seasons away wins represented 59% of Geelong's total wins

You just made that up, didn't you?

Between 2012 (post premiership era) and 2018, in only ONE season did Geelong win more games at home than away, and that was last year (13 wins, 8 at home). In the other six seasons away wins represented 59% of Geelong's total wins
That's not what i i said. I said that in games played away from Kardinia Park, you lose more than 50%.I can find the stats if you want.

That's not what i i said. I said that in games played away from Kardinia Park, you lose more than 50%.I can find the stats if you want.
29-21 since the start of 2016 at all grounds other than KP. Your lies have no power here.

I am a huge Tim Kelly fan so that makes it hard to hate Geelong now, maybe they are unbeatable, but there is
still enough campaigners down there to keep the hatred bubbling.

We've played 3 games away from KP this year for a 100% record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back