Are Geelong unbeatable?

Where will Geelong finish this year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike Geelong we know where we are at, there were no expectations Friday night for our vfl team

What's that got to do with abandoning your side who are in struggle town?

Luckily for the rest of us you moronic Tiger fans have finally hopped back into the mediocre boxes from wence you came.

The silence is glorious.

Since 2013, Richmond have played in 4 finals series and won a premiership, so in 5.5 years, that’s a pretty good record, hows Geelong been in the last 5.5 years?

We’ve played exactly the same amount of finals series, made exactly the same amount of prelim finals. You won a flag, fantastic. It’s not exactly a massive massive discrepancy though is it.

What's that got to do with abandoning your side who are in struggle town?

Luckily for the rest of us you moronic Tiger fans have finally hopped back into the mediocre boxes from wence you came.

The silence is glorious.

There was no abandonment wtf are u on about? Desperate attempt that

We’ve played exactly the same amount of finals series, made exactly the same amount of prelim finals. You won a flag, fantastic. It’s not exactly a massive massive discrepancy though is it.

Why can’t geelong win a grand final without mark Thompson’s cattle? They should have but haven’t

Why can’t geelong win a grand final without mark Thompson’s cattle? They should have but haven’t

Lolllllll at ‘should have.’

We haven’t had a ruckman for 7 seasons and a single forward who has carried the entire front 50. We’ve had to convert a track runner into a fullback after 7 years of trying to replace Scarlett, and, ah, guys get old ay? 😂😂

If you seriously think we’ve had a list good enough that we SHOULD have won a flag in the last 5 years, you’re more deluded than most of your Richmond fellows. That is saying something

Lolllllll at ‘should have.’

We haven’t had a ruckman for 7 seasons and a single forward who has carried the entire front 50. We’ve had to convert a track runner into a fullback after 7 years of trying to replace Scarlett, and, ah, guys get old ay? 😂😂

If you seriously think we’ve had a list good enough that we SHOULD have won a flag in the last 5 years, you’re more deluded than most of your Richmond fellows. That is saying something

I’m ok with your last sentence because you’re not even half correct about your own team

We made 3 grand finals in a row. That's called backing it up champ.

Have we had that time since our premiership? Bit of a premature call, so far yes, we have backed it up. No back back to back premiership needed by Geelong/your expectations in that area

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong still look comfortably the best side and I've felt that way since early in the season. In other recent years I always felt they were a good H/A side that were making up the numbers but they seem so dominant this year you'd have to give them a huge chance to take it. Having said all that I'm not sure why but for some reason my gut tells me that someone else wins it this year. Might just be because pace setters and top sides haven't done so well in recent years with others emerging late in the year with hot form.

We played the 2013 finals campaign with no ruckman and no full forward (hawkins). Chapman was the sub against Freo and suspended for the prelim. We were one kick from the 2013 grand final.

Clubs having injuries isn't some new thing invented by Richmond. Many clubs before you have had chances go by the wayside on what ifs. Looking at the injury lists of other clubs in 2017, you could say that Richmond bradbury'd that flag, hence why they've gone nowhere since.

Seriously get a grip. This isn't your year, just chill and let the season ride out. Lame excuses like injuries won't win you the sympathy you so desire.
An absolute Bradbury. They then used their new found confidence and belief to beat better skilled opponents all the way to a prelim, only to run into a Collingwood side that was BOTH more skilled and more determined and desperate.

Take away Richmond's pressure and they have no skill to fall back on.

No wonder since that 2018 prelim they've gone backwards, while real teams with real skills rise to the top e.g. Geelong, GWS, Collingwood (Eagles will be thereabouts).

So agree, Richmond bradbury'd their way to a flag and look where they are now.

The conversation in Rd 16 or 17 will be a lot different. Geelong will have been figured out. They aren't that bloody good that they can overcome a good counter.

Geelong still look comfortably the best side and I've felt that way since early in the season. In other recent years I always felt they were a good H/A side that were making up the numbers but they seem so dominant this year you'd have to give them a huge chance to take it. Having said all that I'm not sure why but for some reason my gut tells me that someone else wins it this year. Might just be because pace setters and top sides haven't done so well in recent years with others emerging late in the year with hot form.
It very much can happen. Pies and GWS are in it up to their eye balls. Either way we are better prepared to go all the way than previous years. Different team playing a different way.

It very much can happen. Pies and GWS are in it up to their eye balls. Either way we are better prepared to go all the way than previous years. Different team playing a different way.
No one will like this..cats one year...hawks..cats....birds...tigers...blues..pies...saints..demons..dogs...
We r all over the dump..just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back