Club Legend
Nov 9, 2011
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong VFL
"shocking" comparison? Ah okay?

Calm down there sunshine. It's a fairly relevant comparison considering Richmond finished the season a few games clear on top of the ladder last year and were considered the favorites by a fair way. What do you want exactly? for everyone to bow down and kiss your ******* feet? I would tone your ego down a bit there buddy.

We are streets ahead of everyone this year while Richmond were never streets ahead at any stage.

Also consider the fact Geelong are the greatest and most successful professional sporting club in world sport.

PatrickBateman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2008
Cartagena, Colombia
AFL Club
Geelong
Since 2013, Richmond have played in 4 finals series and won a premiership, so in 5.5 years, that’s a pretty good record, hows Geelong been in the last 5.5 years?

What's the box of Kleenex count in the last 30+ years?

You guys will be remembered as the Dogs are, a bog average side who managed to play a good season.

PatrickBateman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2008
Cartagena, Colombia
AFL Club
Geelong
I thought they were unbeatable until Richmond had their measure in the first quarter last week.

4 quarters of that type of defensive intensity will beat any side, basically. Unless the side being pressured is willing to match it of course. Richmond's pressure rating in Q1 was well over 200 I think.

This is how the Dogs, Richmond won flags (relentless intent both ways), and how Melbourne got to a Prelim last year. Why the Pies pulled your pants down last year too. Sides who go into a final with any type of 'do we have to play our best to win this?' attitude (Richmond last years Prelim, Geelong V Melbourne too), will invariably be beaten by a hungrier side.

You're right, Geelong haven't brought their best intent to finals for YEARS. At times the players have just looked disinterested. I won't believe Geelong can turn it around until I see it either. You can't rely on efficiency and structures, it starts with the side who's more willing to work the hardest. Geelong has failed badly in that regard.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
4 quarters of that type of defensive intensity will beat any side, basically. Unless the side being pressured is willing to match it of course. Richmond's pressure rating in Q1 was well over 200 I think.

This is how the Dogs, Richmond won flags (relentless intent both ways), and how Melbourne got to a Prelim last year. Why the Pies pulled your pants down last year too. Sides who go into a final with any type of 'do we have to play our best to win this?' attitude (Richmond last years Prelim, Geelong V Melbourne too), will invariably be beaten by a hungrier side.

You're right, Geelong haven't brought their best intent to finals for YEARS. At times the players have just looked disinterested. I won't believe Geelong can turn it around until I see it either. You can't rely on efficiency and structures, it starts with the side who's more willing to work the hardest. Geelong has failed badly in that regard.

If Geelong consistently piled it on against a depleted Richmond last week sure they might have a case. But really they scored in spurts and patches largely in the 2nd and 3rd quarters which is meaningless especially considering who RFC put out in certain roles

Compared to 2007 Geelong are very vulnerable and are hardly a unbeatable. In fact they are simply a good team that are very much beatable.

They might go undefeated for the rest of the home and away but they are not playing much against a lot of weak teams and finals will be a totally different story!!!

Last edited:

dustysnecktattoo

Club Legend
May 15, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
What's the box of Kleenex count in the last 30+ years?

You guys will be remembered as the Dogs are, a bog average side who managed to play a good season.

Nothing compared to some club trying to adjust the history of the game to up there total premiership count, it’s just wrong and not correct

I thought they were unbeatable until Richmond had there measure in the first quarter last week.

Not worried about Geelong at all, too old, too slow.

When the business end of the season comes around RFC will take the chocolates!!

And what happened after quarter time last week?

PatrickBateman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2008
Cartagena, Colombia
AFL Club
Geelong
But really they scored in spurts and patches largely in the 2nd and 3rd quarters which is meaningless especially considering who RFC put out in certain roles

Compared to 2007 Geelong are very vulnerable and are hardly a unbeatable. In fact they are simply a good team that are very much beatable.

They might go undefeated for the rest of the home and away but they are not playing much against a lot of weak teams and finals will be a totally different story!!!

I don't consider 'scoring in spurts' to be meaningless at all. The game today is about momentum, you NEED to be scoring when you have it, and doing your best to stop the opposition when you don't. This is a good part of why Geelong have been successful this year. No side maintains 4 quarters of momentum.

I agree though, anyone who says this side (or any?) is unbeatable is foolish. We've seen in finals what happens if a side turns up and expects to win. Fine line between confidence and arrogance.

Ocker

?Premiershipmond?
May 20, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
We are streets ahead of everyone this year while Richmond were never streets ahead at any stage.

Also consider the fact Geelong are the greatest and most successful professional sporting club in world sport.
This is why its going to be so sweet watching you campaigners stumble in the finals.

What a tosser.

This is why its going to be so sweet watching you campaigners stumble in the finals.

What a tosser.
This will come close to winning Big Footys '2019 most bookmarked post of the year'
How do you guys not understand that King Cold is a troll? He isn't even a Geelong supporter. We cringe as much as everyone else when we read these ridiculous posts. Have a look at his topic history "20xx AFL Premiers - Geelong" every year without fail.

Coaster2012

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester City, Lakers

Lols, you blew it. The key to being a troll is not making it obvious. It's like a good FB hack, you don't log in to your mates FB and say "I'm gay," it's not going to work, but if you log in and say "just wanted to give a shout out to all my mates, I love every one of you." it's just more subtle, and more funny since some people will believe its him.

thanks for playing.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I thought they were unbeatable until Richmond had there measure in the first quarter last week.

Not worried about Geelong at all, too old, too slow.

When the business end of the season comes around RFC will take the chocolates!!

Your thoughts on pies and west coast... both of whom are older than Geelong?
Oh, and GWS are 0.03 of a year younger than Geelong on average too.

Tough year ahead for this sides.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Lols, you blew it. The key to being a troll is not making it obvious. It's like a good FB hack, you don't log in to your mates FB and say "I'm gay," it's not going to work, but if you log in and say "just wanted to give a shout out to all my mates, I love every one of you." it's just more subtle, and more funny since some people will believe its him.

thanks for playing.

The key with hacking your mates facey is to like pages that raise a few eyebrows

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
How do you work that out? We're at least 2 wins and a lot of % ahead of 2nd assuming Collingwood beat Melbourne. A bees dick is what separates Essendon and Hawthorn.
I'm judging that on relative strength of Geelong's football vs the competition in games I've seen this year, not your lead on the ladder.

I think that Collingwood, GWS, Richmond and West Coast are capable of beating you IF they can put together something resembling their best side and bring their A game.

This years final series will be closely fought and unpredictable just like 2016-2018 imho. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back