Are Geelong unbeatable?

Where will Geelong finish this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at their draw they'll finish top. From there they would have to be in the box seat, so looking like a strong favourite. Favourites only win a certain percentage of the time though.
Whilst I largely agree, how many times in the last 5 years has the minor premier won the premiership?
Not once I believe.
(Waits to get thread banned for trolling, by posting facts that don't support the current Geelong line)

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Whilst I largely agree, how many times in the last 5 years has the minor premier won the premiership?
Not once I believe.
(Waits to get thread banned for trolling, by posting facts that don't support the current Geelong line)
Well they aren't a guarantee, but they are a strong percentage favourite. To give one example sportsbet have them about a 31% chance, next best are Pies at 24%.

Even the favourites at this point are still only a chance, we are way too early still.

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Ah simple ya back. I expect Tex to have a night out this Saturday against your softie pretenders. The dogs really touched the softies up in the hard stuff didn't they, all whilst Ollie wines went in hiding the softie.

Agreed.

From judging Tex’s past performances he will indeed have a night out on Saturday; at the local pub watching the game, after being dropped.

Its not the coach

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Agreed.

From judging Tex’s past performances he will indeed have a night out on Saturday; at the local pub watching the game, after being dropped.
Well shows how much you know. You must not be watching, he's had a couple of bad games but mostly played well, so open that other eye before making uneducated statements pal.

Its not the coach

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Blow it out of your arse pin head. Your club are an overrated bunch of underachievers who haven’t done anything significant since the last century.
Hahaha how intelligent, you don't even know when other people are having a go at you, hence the genuinely lold. As I said simple things.

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Not once I believe.

Yup not done since Haw 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nov 30, 2000
No longer in a premiership drought
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
LUFC/MSRLC/MVFC
Yep, and I'm one of those members.

You can call it overconfidence, I'll call it insurance. If Geelong makes the Grand Final I want a guaranteed ticket. By no means does that make me overconfident. If Geelong get through to the Big Dance then it'll be the best $200 I've spent in a while.

As for booking flights, that's a stretch. But hey, if you can afford to take the loss if your team doesn't make it, more power to you! I'm in Adelaide, so it's an easy drive over to Melbourne.

If I were in Perth, however... I can see the appeal to buying a ticket now. At worst, you'll have a weekend holiday in Melbourne. That's not really a bad thing.

It's called preparation. I've had a Premiership membership every year since 2005 and it's only been useful for four years. Would rather accept the financial loss if we don't make it than regret missing a Grand Final.

Its not the coach

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Poor little moo cows. The corporate bunch of spuds who aspire to be one of the big clubs but will never get there. I mean look at your culture alone, no one wants to be there and they all leave pretty quickly. Oh and how piss weak are you to come up with the 119 comment. Are you not smart to enough to provide something a little more intelligent. I seriously doubt it.
The truth is the crows are a powerfull club on and of the field, Their player development and list management would be the envy of most other clubs with our limited high draft picks, and if your pathetic club keeps on the path it's going of ruining players and failing to deliver wins, The tarps will be back in no time. For a club that's supposed to have so much tradition the fans go missing very quickly and that's a fact, 119 the true pretender tradition.

Its not the coach

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
He's been woeful but this thread is about Geelong, not SA s**tfight.
I don't agree with the Tex statement and as I said open that other eye, But I do understand opposition supporters want to set Geelong up for a fall with this rediculous can they be beat talk. But it's hard to ignore stupid brain dead uneducated posts.

Port 2004

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2012
Bellevue Heighta
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The truth is the crows are a powerfull club on and of the field, Their player development and list management would be the envy of most other clubs with our limited high draft picks, and if your pathetic club keeps on the path it's going of ruining players and failing to deliver wins, The tarps will be back in no time. For a club that's supposed to have so much tradition the fans go missing very quickly and that's a fact, 119 the true pretender tradition.
Powerful but just not powerful enough to win a flag. Check yourself against the WCE record you blowhard.

alexmcd

Team Captain
May 22, 2011
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Geelong will finish top. These days it’s all about the lead into finals and how the team gels during the final series. They have a great team and are in a good position but it’s no certainty.

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Definitely beatable.

But July is an ok time to be down.

Coaches know you cant stay up for the whole season.

You want to start coming back up in August. That will be the challenge for the Cats.... Last few years they dropped off in August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back