Society/Culture Are men being discriminated against in the workplace?

Remove this Banner Ad

About the Opportunity

We are currently seeking enthusiastic and safety-focused female Electricians to join the team across our WA assets. Working a typical dynamic roster (more information below), the tasks you will be undertaking include, but are not limited to:

Ridiculous.

or maybe we could just focus on real equality and minimize the unwanted advice of bigots

This really is the issue in a nutshell.

Bigots legitimised by a perverted academia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, can you just say you identify as a woman, then change back after you get the job?

It's already happening in Mexico.

18 members of a Mexican political party participating in the 2021 election cycle have registered as transgender women in order to circumvent the constitutional gender quota.​
An amendment to article 41 of the Federal Constitution of Mexico passed in 2014 establishes the principle of “gender parity” and requires parties to nominate an equal number of male and female candidates.​

Here's the thing that really matters, the folks here know that this is organized bigotry, but how many of you stand up against the mob in real life and call it out when you see it?

Because, it's only going to continue to fester until more & more people actually do that.

Here's the thing that really matters, the folks here know that this is organized bigotry, but how many of you stand up against the mob in real life and call it out when you see it?

Because, it's only going to continue to fester until more & more people actually do that.

We went through a period of equity bullshit about 4-5 years ago, to the point where there was talk about quotas and a session was planned for 'all males' in my area to be 'instructed' about gender inequality.

It got squashed before the session went ahead and I haven't heard anything about quotas since. Not surprisingly, the twit spruiking it left and got a job at the Vic Government.

People raised concerns to the relevant leaders anonymously, at the time it was to nobody's advantage 'career wise' to be that 'misogynist' who stands up in the crowd and says this is wrong.

Managers are encouraged to look for opportunities to hire more women but they just get the best person regardless, like any sane person would.

I think a large majority of people now believe equity or quality of outcome is moronic and don't support it.

We're definitely past the peak, I hope.

There's a lot of female sparkies around now. I miss the days of being able to urinate wherever I wanted on male-only building sites. Now I gotta go in the filthy stinking portable toilet... thanks a lot, PC!

Still no female bricklayers, we may need to introduce quotas there.

if they are applying for those jobs then how are they privileged?
If they're specific jobs for indigenous folk, then I hope the jobs go to same. To underprivileged indigenous folks. Not to guys who could get a job easily anyhoo. I want a step up for indigenous folks who we all complain about getting a free ride.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back