Feedback Are mods paid?

Remove this Banner Ad

No, it's a voluntary position.
Be clear, you say the moderators get zero money in recompense for their many hours of dealing with all manor of people. Zero recompense! If so, wow. Even as you say they get nothing… I’ll still doubt your word due to the extraordinary amount of work they put in…. Syd thanks for the confirmation. But (no dispersions on you) your word is not enough.
I need a current moderator to give accurate information of why they do their job.

Knowledge starts from the source. And the moderators set the stage.

Frankly, if they do not get payed... We need to set ut a system where they do.

so…. do Moderators make money?

Be clear, you say the moderators get zero money in recompense for their many hours of dealing with all manor of people. Zero recompense! If so, wow. Even as you say they get nothing… I’ll still doubt your word due to the extraordinary amount of work they put in…. Syd thanks for the confirmation. But (no dispersions on you) your word is not enough.
I need a current moderator to give accurate information of why they do their job.

We don't get paid.
I just do it for the groupies.

righto, which mods family member is this?

I am a former Moderator on multiple boards here over a 3-year period.
Most assuredly I can confirm I never got paid, it was indeed a voluntary position.

Some Mods are retired, so a good way to fill in time.
Others had flexible work schedules.

And some boards are harder to Mod than others (glad I never had a position on Bay 13, Rumours Board or Main Board.

Asked\answered.

Was it a 6 or 9 pack of nuggets?
9. And think about that awkward moment when you reach for the fifth one and say "oh do you want the last one?" with your hand hovering over the top of it. Syd had to let me have it. Power move by me. BDE.

I hear Chief slips the mods some beancoins for their troubles, but I could be wrong.

But you know, the great thing about beancoin is that you don't have to be a mod to mine it.

Mine beancoin today!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mods don't get paid. The work is fully compensated by the status and power over other peoples lives that we sadly lack in our offline existence.

Edit: I did get a Limbo Club tshirt but that wasn't really a mod thing. It was two sizes too small but my son wore it a few times, clueless as to its origins.

Edit edit: I remember a few years back Apple were paying some mods USD$100k+ but their idea of moderation was along the lines of delete negative posts, ban dissenters and be all-out Apple fanbois and gush over the product and company at every opportunity. More like paid shills than actual mods. Have you considered a BigFooty Premium Platinum membership? It's the best deal in town.

Last edited:
Mods don't get paid. The work is fully compensated by the status and power over other peoples lives that we sadly lack in our offline existence.

Edit: I did get a Limbo Club tshirt but that wasn't really a mod thing. It was two sizes too small but my son wore it a few times, clueless as to its origins.

Edit edit: I remember a few years back Apple were paying some mods USD$100k+ but their idea of moderation was along the lines of delete negative posts, ban dissenters and be all-out Apple fanbois and gush over the product and company at every opportunity. More like paid shills than actual mods. Have you considered a BigFooty Premium Platinum membership? It's the best deal in town.
lol, lost my s**t over this :laughing:

9. And think about that awkward moment when you reach for the fifth one and say "oh do you want the last one?" with your hand hovering over the top of it. Syd had to let me have it. Power move by me. BDE.
Nah the power move would be...... We'll split them. 3 each and I'll have the 3 extras.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back