Are North tanking - and if so what should be done about it?

Remove this Banner Ad

North are tanking because they dropped Brown and Polec?

Its quite possible they’ve been playing sh*t and the coach doesn’t rate them.

Brown has been playing some of the worst footy of his career (and also has some real life circumstances that will affect him mentally), but Polec has been reasonably good.

People also forget that teams are going to be playing a bunch of games close together, so there'll be players who'd otherwise be "Best 22" who might get a game off or "rested".

Also, who expected North to be good this year? I thought it was pretty well understood that they have a young and somewhat mediocre list, new-ish coach, and that their ceiling was probably 9th-12th at best, 13th-16th in reality.

If North are "tanking" today though, they're doing a poor job of it. A goal away from their highest score of the season, at 3/4 time.

I think you are overestimating the talent on your list.

LDU and Bailey Scott today showed they'll be excellent onballers to go with Simpkin.

Larkey, Zurhaar, Curtis Taylor and Tarryn Thomas are the forward line for a decade.

There's still lots of work to be done, but we're nowhere near the multi year rebuild Adelaide are on

The moron who came up with this thread needs to be hung, drawn and quartered and have their head stuck on a spike outside Arden Street Oval as a reminder that the NMFC will fight to the end and never give up. Tanking is not in our DNA.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The losing culture and destroyed confidence and belief are punishment enough for tanking if it does actually happen.

LDU and Bailey Scott today showed they'll be excellent onballers to go with Simpkin.

Larkey, Zurhaar, Curtis Taylor and Tarryn Thomas are the forward line for a decade.

There's still lots of work to be done, but we're nowhere near the multi year rebuild Adelaide are on
They have enough to middle out at best.

If they are they should be relocated or thrown out of the comp.
Yes maybe we can set up shop outside your old home ground in the shop that Mr Danks called home and which it helped your club heaps.
BTW:It would be a great day for your club in years to club when your 1st Father and deformed Son plays his 1st game.
You can look back and say I’m glad my team to drugs to cheat.

Yes maybe we can set up shop outside your old home ground in the shop that Mr Danks called home and which it helped your club heaps.
BTW:It would be a great day for your club in years to club when your 1st Father and deformed Son plays his 1st game.
is that you rad roo?

You’d understand if Polek thinks he’s been given a raw deal.

Enticed over on a juicy contract with the assurance that he’d be playing the wing position alongside Gaff.
Now dropped from an underperforming side that may finish last.

I know he’s on decent coin but you can understand the guy if he think his career is going the wrong way.

Particularly with the performance of his old side this year.

We could be seeing a Deledio moment coming up.

Entirely of his own making though. Never tried to put in hard yards with a rebuild.

Have another beer mate if you're not already face down in a puddle of your own vomit.

Have another beer mate if you're not already face down in a puddle of your own vomit.
Truth hurts dosnt your club are a disgrace and the only reason your club is still alive as the AFL went soft on you as they are weak as piss.
I would Have deducted you 88 match points suspended all you drug players for 5 years and give Hird a 10 year suspension.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back