Are our democratic parliaments a waste of time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Look at this s**t:

NSW Parliament to devote week to bushfire condolences

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the NSW parliament might better spend its time debating and passing legislation to help these poor fire affected bastards, rather than this show of crocodile tears?

Look at this s**t:

NSW Parliament to devote week to bushfire condolences

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the NSW parliament might better spend its time debating and passing legislation to help these poor fire affected bastards, rather than this show of crocodile tears?

given public infrastructure, that was damaged is for the purse of govt
given private assets are insured, thus the purse of insurance companies

the only things that are needed are:
1) Immediate funds for clothes, food and short term accommodation which will be covered 50 times over by the funds raised by charities

so the only things government need to do is:
2) investigate better land care management. Specifically look at fuel loads and even consider ways of reducing eucalyptus to pre aboriginal days.
3) better fire response solutions

I'm not sure condolences, hugs and kisses is the role of government

Perhaps. But perhaps giving MPs an opportunity to speak in the chamber about how the fire has affected their electorates is an important part of implementing effective help? Just a thought.

Very little of the business of government occurs during parliamentary sessions anyway. The fact that the chambers are devoting time to talking about the bushfires instead of tabling administrative reports will not make much difference to the staffers who are actually working on any substantive legislation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back