Are Port over doing it

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why not go all in and go for a flag? What’s so wrong with that..

We are better placed now to win a premiership then we were 2 months ago

There is no question you guys are rolling the dice big time, is that a bit of Crazy Vossy rubbng off, who knows

No one can say at this early stage if its right or wrong but at least they have made it interesting

yes port went close to a preliminary final this year and consider themselves in a premiership window
But the massive changes to the list are they needed ? Rocky , watts and Motlop are all great gets but they are linked to many more , for a start are they needed ??? Seems mad to me !

They lost in the first round, that's hardly close to a prelim.

Lions did the same thing under voss in his final year and it proved his down fall , but now to add dregs from the Roos like Thomas , Mckenzie from the Suns and a host of other rejects seems crazy , if it back fires and they slip back , Hinkley will be on the chopping block

Lions did the same thing under voss in his final year and it proved his down fall , but now to add dregs from the Roos like Thomas , Mckenzie from the Suns and a host of other rejects seems crazy , if it back fires and they slip back , Hinkley will be on the chopping block

I think if hinkley doesnt take them to a GF he will be on the chopping block anyway, its not a bad stategy its just a huge punt, but when your arse is on the line you would probably take it

Hinkley signed a new contract this year. Port cannot afford to pay him out, and the AFL are unlikely to come to the rescue if it all goes bad.

There is no question you guys are rolling the dice big time, is that a bit of Crazy Vossy rubbng off, who knows

No one can say at this early stage if its right or wrong but at least they have made it interesting
It’s not like all is doomed if we don’t win a premiership in the next 3 years.

Wingard
Wines
SPP
Houston
Marshall
Clurey
Polec
DBJ
Hombsch
S.Gray
D.Howard

Are all (except probably Marshall, but young KPF already showed lots in his first year) best 22 and under 25 years old.

And that’s not even mentioning the likes of Atley, Drew, Frampton, Amon and Johnson who are all young and could be best 22 in the coming years

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not like all is doomed if we don’t win a premiership in the next 3 years.

Wingard
Wines
SPP
Houston
Marshall
Clurey
Polec
DBJ
Hombsch
S.Gray
D.Howard

Are all (except probably Marshall, but young KPF already showed lots in his first year) best 22 and under 25 years old.

And that’s not even mentioning the likes of Atley, Drew, Frampton, Amon and Johnson who are all young and could be best 22 in the coming years

Lets be honest Wines and Wingard

the rest you could take or leave

But saying that Im not critical of the strategy played its just an all or nothing.

What else are Port meant to do? Nothing? Tell these players to go away we are just going to cross our arms and pout?

There’s this weird mentality that recruiting other players to fill spots is bad yet Hawthorn won three flags doing that. Port aren’t as far off as people think and with a bit of luck they could go all the way. I think them trying is great and there is no clear dominating team set for the next few seasons so why not.

What else are Port meant to do? Nothing? Tell these players to go away we are just going to cross our arms and pout?

There’s this weird mentality that recruiting other players to fill spots is bad yet Hawthorn won three flags doing that. Port aren’t as far off as people think and with a bit of luck they could go all the way. I think them trying is great and there is no clear dominating team set for the next few seasons so why not.

I think it isnt a bad move

But it wont come without consequences if it fails, that is why posters are critical, the alternative is to build at a slower rate

Lobbe yes, but if those reports are near the mark, they would be the new contracts.
Impy wasn't getting 400k, nor was Trengove getting 700k.
I am telling you what has been reported that they were on, not what they are getting.

Trengove was once highly rated believe it or not, and is a former bnf winner. Closer to 700k than not
And Impey has played nearly every game since arrive at the club, would definitely be in between 375k and 400k

I think it isnt a bad move

But it wont come without consequences if it fails, that is why posters are critical, the alternative is to build at a slower rate
We don’t have issues attracting players to our club, when Boak, Gray etc retire what’s stopping us getting someone of significance in. We will have the cap space. Football is not as simple as if this doesn’t work out they are gunna have to rebuild. As I said earlier, we have heaps of best 22 talent that are under 25 years old. Just coz you don’t rate some doesn’t mean that they aren’t good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back