Are Richmond being looked after by AFL (MRP & Umpires)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawkins and Yeo got suspended and had to go tribunal to get off. Why didn't Richmond players have to do that?
Inconsistency of the MRO. I wouldn’t say it’s a club bias thing, but an MRO thing. Didn’t they end up getting the same penalty as Lynch?

We all want the same things. The Yeo, Lynch, Hawkins incidents stamped out of the game. And they all ended up getting fines. So I’m not sure why the outrage on why Richmond were treated favourably.

Last edited:

Richmond aren't being looked after.
But I think often non-minnow Victorian team's STARS get looked after (minus Hawkins, but he's really not the brightest chap with some of what he does), being close to the halls of AFL HQ (and having ppl close) and obviously being future members of the the 'AFL club' jobs-for-the-boys illuminati helps.

Wait for a Richmond nobody to put a foot wrong, he'll cop it on behalf of the big names on his team.

Inconsistency of the MRO. I wouldn’t say it’s a club bias thing, but an MRO thing. Didn’t they end up getting the same penalty as Lynch?

We all want the same things. The Yeo, Lynch, Hawkins incidents stamped out of the game. And they all ended up getting fines. So I’m not sure why the outrage on why Richmond were treated favourably.

How this guy still has the gig is beyond belief.

Even though he's obviously 'one of the boys' they don't even need to remove him in an embarrassing and public way - just tell him they're going to back to trying a 3 member system.
Can even still include him on the panel if they must, anything has got to be better than this mad hatter plucking names, penalties and even certain incidents out of a hat.

As a WC supporter i am not on board with this thread. Teams have a certain style in which they play e.g WC have a system based gamestyle which is accurate kicking to move the ball down to a star forward line (very brief summary) and Richmond play a tough, relentless type of game which does include harassing oppo players. They are good at it. Geelong play slow build up keepings off. If oppo teams have not figured out what they have got coming next week in oppositions style of play then that is a coaches failure. Play Richmond then expect a tough, balls to the wall game and try and beat them with a better game plan. I expect The Gov to harrass the crap out of Lynch to unsettle him. If Lynch plays up then i would expect a settling of accounts during the game somewhere.
Pretty much this.

I’d like to see McGovern on Lynch. Both players that are not afraid to push the limits of fair play on the field.

I think it's more just inconsistency than any state-based bias. Victorians just aren't that patriotic about their state, especially not when they're the biggest footballing state in the country by quite some margin. The only time I've heard more one-sided support for a single team at the pub in the GF than West Coast in 2018, was the Dogs in 2016 for obvious reasons.

It's kindof like how Melbourne has a chip on its shoulder about Sydney, but Sydney doesn't really care about Melbourne.

I actually believe you, and other forumers when you say it. Possibly the majority dont.
But there are also plenty that do. For some forumers on here it is quite obvious they are 'team VFL'.
That's fine, probably just a combination of nostaligia and pride for their city. Nothing wrong with that per se.
Possibly being the biggest rival to the big Victorian clubs, we West Coasters cop it more than most which is pretty common in any sporting competition I guess.

I also think the VFL mentality is certainly more pronounced with some FOX Footy team members eg Eddie Fatface - try listening to him commentate an interstate game against any traditional VFL club.

Also remember this [incorrect] cover of the Herald Sun? You can't look at that and tell me everyone shares your mentality.

When we won the 2018 GF - Robbo even hashtagged #robbed showing a pic of what he deemed Rioli blocking Maynard - even Whatley called him out for it on the show.

1597892818390.png

Richmond has the worst free kick deficit for the last 3 years. To say we are looked after is laughable.

Plenty of conspiracies re: Cotchin in the 2017 PF which is fine but FMD time to move on.

Didn’t Lynch also punch Witts above the shoulders the other night? Martin hit Rockliff in the head too. Other players are getting weeks for the same thing, it doesn’t add up.
Both those strikes were very minimal. Martin pushed Rockliff in the upper chest in a skirmish. Rockliff momentarily held his throat so he might have got him a bit high. But it wasn't a hit to the head. So he copped a fine, like every other player who is done for striking with low/medium impact. I've watched the Lynch/Witts wrestle and couldn't see what the strike was for, but given he was done for striking, he must have. Again low/medium impact. He didn't punch him in the head or otherwise it would have been weeks.

I actually believe you, and other forumers when you say it. Possibly the majority dont.
But there are also plenty that do. For some forumers on here it is quite obvious they are 'team VFL'.
That's fine, probably just a combination of nostaligia and pride for their city. Nothing wrong with that per se.
Possibly being the biggest rival to the big Victorian clubs, we West Coasters cop it more than most which is pretty common in any sporting competition I guess.

I also think the VFL mentality is certainly more pronounced with some FOX Footy team members eg Eddie Fatface - try listening to him commentate an interstate game against any traditional VFL club.

Also remember this [incorrect] cover of the Herald Sun? You can't look at that and tell me everyone shares your mentality.

When we won the 2018 GF - Robbo even hashtagged #robbed showing a pic of what he deemed Rioli blocking Maynard - even Whatley called him out for it on the show.

View attachment 940473
And yet nearly every non Collingwood Victorian based fan was in Eagles quarter in 2018.

Both those strikes were very minimal. Martin pushed Rockliff in the upper chest in a skirmish. Rockliff momentarily held his throat so he might have got him a bit high. But it wasn't a hit to the head. So he copped a fine, like every other player who is done for striking with low/medium impact. I've watched the Lynch/Witts wrestle and couldn't see what the strike was for, but given he was done for striking, he must have. Again low/medium impact. He didn't punch him in the head or otherwise it would have been weeks.
There’s no difference between Lynch’s action and McGovern’s earlier in the year. Not sure how one gets off and not the other. Schofield barely taps another player and gets a week, ok no worries, but then you see Martin hit someone in the head with similar force and gets nothing. It’s not surprising people believe you’re looked after as a team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s no difference between Lynch’s action and McGovern’s earlier in the year. Not sure how one gets off and not the other. Schofield barely taps another player and gets a week, ok no worries, but then you see Martin hit someone in the head with similar force and gets nothing. It’s not surprising people believe you’re looked after as a team
Schofiekds tap hit him right in the midrift and the player doubled over and went down. Lynch's opponent after a split second chased Lynch until he ran past Aarts who hit him in the guts. How Aarts wasn't done in more the question. Marin didn't hit him in the head as I have just explained. Conspiracy theories...

And yet nearly every non Collingwood Victorian based fan was in Eagles quarter in 2018.

Ok but in all seriousness is that claim along the same vein as the claim that the sea of 80% black and white at the 2018 GF was a sea of neutrals?
Same as the 90% of black and yellow at the 2017 GF the year before?

I do believe you that most Victorians think the same as you - but go into the just the last gameday thread against Hawthorn (and the thread before that against Carlton) and take a look at who the neutral Victorian posters are attacking, you will see there are plenty who don't view things the same as you.

Pushed his head down. Like the Yeo incident I'd say its insufficient force. The Yeo one looks worse because its more of a punch.
And Yeo was unlucky no doubt. That should have been a fine no doubt. If you hadn't noticed, the tribunal is notoriously inconsistent and get it wrong regularly. Burgoyne for example. Reckon the Melbourne player last week who got 4 weeks was crucified in comparison.

Richmond aren't being looked after.
But I think often non-minnow Victorian team's STARS get looked after (minus Hawkins, but he's really not the brightest chap with some of what he does), being close to the halls of AFL HQ (and having ppl close) and obviously being future members of the the 'AFL club' jobs-for-the-boys illuminati helps.

Wait for a Richmond nobody to put a foot wrong, he'll cop it on behalf of the big names on his team.
Should be giving jobs to the outstanding citizens of WCE and Freo instead...

Schofiekds tap hit him right in the midrift and the player doubled over and went down. Lynch's opponent after a split second chased Lynch until he ran past Aarts who hit him in the guts. How Aarts wasn't done in more the question. Marin didn't hit him in the head as I have just explained. Conspiracy theories...
Schofield got rubbed out for a headbutt with less force than Martin on Rockliff. Both hit high, low impact, same intent. No difference apart from the penalty.

With Lynch I was referring to his strike on Witts which again is nothing different to McGovern’s, besides outcome.

Schofield got rubbed out for a headbutt with less force than Martin on Rockliff. Both hit high, low impact, same intent. No difference apart from the penalty.

With Lynch I was referring to his strike on Witts which again is nothing different to McGovern’s, besides outcome.
Okay wrong one. Butt head butts are always looked harder at and nearly always get penalised. Same as jumper punches these days.

Ok but in all seriousness is that claim along the same vein as the claim that the sea of 80% black and white at the 2018 GF was a sea of neutrals?
Same as the 90% of black and yellow at the 2017 GF the year before?

I do believe you that most Victorians think the same as you - but go into the just the last gameday thread against Hawthorn (and the thread before that against Carlton) and take a look at who the neutral Victorian posters are attacking, you will see there are plenty who don't view things the same as you.
Genuinely think it's a misnomer to think there's a Victorian supporter cabal that comes together.

In a similar way in the West - do eagles supporters actively get behind Freo when they play Vic clubs for instance?

Do you think if the umpires cracked down on defenders scragging and taking cheap shots because they can’t go with the forwards players like Hawkins wouldn’t find themselves in trouble as often?
Every key forward gets molested every game and for my money it takes away from the game

I watch kennedy and darling get grabbed and manhandled all game and if i care to take my blue and gold glasses off - barrass and our other defenders do the same thing (except mcgovern who just outmarks them)

Be a really easy thing to let goal umps call holding frees ....

But jabs to the head are ok, if you play for Richmond seemingly
Going round in circles here. Martin's wasn't a jab to the head. Lynch's face shove wasn't either. They copped a fine. Stop with your conspiracy theories, already state that Yeo was unlucky, but head butts are not okay, not even a little bit according to the tribunal, as they are always treated harsher. What has that got to do with Richmond or my opinion.

Every key forward gets molested every game and for my money it takes away from the game

I watch kennedy and darling get grabbed and manhandled all game and if i care to take my blue and gold glasses off - barrass and our other defenders do the same thing (except mcgovern who just outmarks them)

Be a really easy thing to let goal umps call holding frees ....
Totally agree, and not just backs and forwards. The holding on by taggers as well. The only one's the umps seem to call are the stupid little infringements in the ruck and some tiny tug of a jumper.

Genuinely think it's a misnomer to think there's a Victorian supporter cabal that comes together.

In a similar way in the West - do eagles supporters actively get behind Freo when they play Vic clubs for instance?
I certainly do. I have a soft spot for anything West Aussie having grown up there. I would love them to win a G.F (except against WC)😃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back