Are Richmond finally capable of winning a flag?

Remove this Banner Ad

not looking for love dude..looking for the holy grail. they **** up this year and dont win the Flag/Norm Smith/Brownlow/Coleman/rising star/Coach of the year, then I will deem it a total and utter failure and lobby for the board and the footy dept to resign
Richmond are Sir Robin searching for the grail, and BF posters are his minstrels

We are certainly a LONG way away from the Wallace era basket case mess that we were.

I hate to say that we're 2-3 years away, as the question then comes up around players like Maric, Chaplin etc, they'll probably be gone before then so that creates a massive gap in getting the best out of the current list.

Not at the moment, but this list could potentially be capable in the future. I find it strange people saying that we are a mid table side (which we are) but that we will just stay there. The majority of our list and best 22 is still young and should have natural improvement left in them. McIntosh's game last Thursday shows us that we are starting to be in a position where we can let our kids develop and let them come in when they are ready too. Guys like Lennon, McDonough, McBean, C.Ellis, Menadue, McIntosh etc shows we have talented guys coming through in that department. If they come on as we hope and guys like B.Ellis, Vlastuin, Griffiths, Conca, Ty etc keep developing as they should then that's the makings of a pretty strong side. Add a couple of FA's on top of that and maybe in a few years we will have a list that can challenge. That's where I think we're at

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not at the moment, but this list could potentially be capable in the future. I find it strange people saying that we are a mid table side (which we are) but that we will just stay there. The majority of our list and best 22 is still young and should have natural improvement left in them. McIntosh's game last Thursday shows us that we are starting to be in a position where we can let our kids develop and let them come in when they are ready too. Guys like Lennon, McDonough, McBean, C.Ellis, Menadue, McIntosh etc shows we have talented guys coming through in that department. If they come on as we hope and guys like B.Ellis, Vlastuin, Griffiths, Conca, Ty etc keep developing as they should then that's the makings of a pretty strong side. Add a couple of FA's on top of that and maybe in a few years we will have a list that can challenge. That's where I think we're at
Funny how things don't work out as expected. The names highlighted in the post above at the time I would say only 3 ended up C grade or better and had a hand in our premierships (B.Ellis, McIntosh, Vlustuin).

laughing.gif

Well done to the Nostradamii here. A lot of the same questions raised again this season. Except COVID is another factor, new rules, dusty an injury and a family tragedy, can our coaches turn the list back into a flag winning one.
Top 8 would be a good result for us i think.
Think the egg is hard boiled.

Well done to the Nostradamii here. A lot of the same questions raised again this season. Except COVID is another factor, new rules, dusty an injury and a family tragedy, can our coaches turn the list back into a flag winning one.
tsk tsk tsk, would you like me to answer that again,,,,,of course we *en can

Remove this Banner Ad

Back