Opinion Are Richmond hitting the slope?

csharp

Debutant
Jan 15, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Looking at their team tonight, I didn't realize how weak it looked without Dustin Martin.

Ud7Fepn.png

So many key players are in their 30s too, like Cotchin, Riewoldt, Edwards and Houli, with Grimes, Lynch, Pickett, Caddy, Prestia, Astbury and Martin in their late 20s.

Can they really keep up the pace this year? Or next year for that matter?

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
I asked this in the game day thread only less eloquently

They've got the runs on the board to give them time to turn it around but to kick sub 40 scores two weeks in a row in perfect conditions with their best team available (except Dusty tonight obviously) - they just don't seem to have the same run/energy as the last couple of years

They’ve always looked like this.

But they’re a good team.

I’d be waiting a long time before writing them off like I did after we belted them by ten goals at their ‘fortress’ last year.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Looking at their team tonight, I didn't realize how weak it looked without Dustin Martin.

Ud7Fepn.png

So many key players are in their 30s too, like Cotchin, Riewoldt, Edwards and Houli, with Grimes, Lynch, Pickett, Caddy, Prestia, Astbury and Martin in their late 20s.

Can they really keep up the pace this year? Or next year for that matter?

Lol it looked weak at the 2017 GF. Every player who got called up was “who?”.... “who?”

Hasn’t hurt them

I didn’t “realise” realise was spelled realize until I read this thread.
Isn't spelled the US version of spelt?

And Realize the US version of realise?

Edit: Genuine question btw, it's far more interesting to me than the subject of the thread.

csharp

Debutant
Jan 15, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
They’ve always looked like this.

But they’re a good team.

I’d be waiting a long time before writing them off like I did after we belted them by ten goals at their ‘fortress’ last year.
Are you sure?
Are they really that good without Dustin Martin?

When you take a player as explosive and damaging as he is out of that team, it feels like a lot of the scare factor drains away. Martin is 29 this year too; his explosive playing style might be harder to keep up with age.

Isn’t spelt a grain of some sort?
Yeah it's a wheat but also Google tells me

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Lol it looked weak at the 2017 GF. Every player who got called up was “who?”.... “who?”

Hasn’t hurt them
On paper the giants had a 5 goal advantage.

Edit: wrong year, but Adelaide/Giants both had an advantage with better 'names' on paper.

Yeah it's a wheat but also Google tells me

I believe both are correct in Aus

Older people are prob more likely to run with spelt than the younger crowd

Isn't spelled the US version of spelt?

And Realize the US version of realise?

Edit: Genuine question btw, it's far more interesting to me than the subject of the thread.

Realize is definitely the US spelling of realise

On paper the giants had a 5 goal advantage.

Edit: wrong year, but Adelaide/Giants both had an advantage with better 'names' on paper.

Lucky we didn’t play on paper then

Right.

I was just finding it amusing that he was criticising the US spelling of realise whilst using the US version of spelt.

Now I find it less amusing.

Right.

I was just finding it amusing that he was criticising the US spelling of realise whilst using the US version of spelt.

Now I find it less amusing.

You are right though that is more interesting than this thread.

I think you'll find that schools are more likely to run with 'spelt' rather than 'spelled' as well (Source: partner is a school teacher).

I think you'll find that schools are more likely to run with 'spelt' rather than 'spelled' as well (Source: partner is a school teacher).
Yeah I'll be honest the spelled part made me pause.

Back