Are South African racial quotas hurting the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just so, so sad. There's a good chance that once the modern crop of players retire in a few years that South Africa will be relegated to a West Indies level or less. This is doing nobody any good, can't they see this!
I bet the whites can.

I'm pretty strong in my beliefs that if you don't get your batting technique sorted by the time you are about 14 or 15 - that's what you are left with. There is simply not the systems or coaches or grounds to enable what they want to happen on an aspirational level. They must drop back unless they find once in a generation players and I doubt that.

So in other words, the Aussies are fcuked too?

At least the other teams had the plums to go to the World Cup, our pussies are still at home getting tucked into bed by their mums, and not getting the chance to win anything.
I'm not sure listening to direct terror threats counts as them being pussies.

I'm not sure listening to direct terror threats counts as them being pussies.
I don't know what level protection the lads were offered, but the senior team was offered the same sort of security detail as Obama would get, and still they refused to tour Bangladesh. No wonder Australian cricketers now go to water at the slightest hint of pressure.

I don't know what level protection the lads were offered, but the senior team was offered the same sort of security detail as Obama would get, and still they refused to tour Bangladesh. No wonder Australian cricketers now go to water at the slightest hint of pressure.
Big man sitting behind his keyboard calling others pussies (including teenagers) for not wanting to tour a country when they're being told they're possible targets by terrorists. So brave.

Did you miss the bit where CA where told by their own country's intelligence that their teams where being primarily targeted by these terrorist? But then again they could have just hired the secret service for the month, right? Because that's obviously the level of security they would have gotten there.

Has he though? Here are his test scores so far, bear in mind his first four tests were against Bangladesh and a poor West Indies side and the sole hundred came against England on a track where Ben Stokes made 250; 10, 15, 54, 22, 34, 10, 0, 102*, 23, 0, 35, 78*

How many players would keep getting a shot at it with a start to test cricket like that?

You make out like Ben Stokes is a dud, the way you've put it there. He could be the best all-rounder in the world in a few years time. He's got it all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least the other teams had the plums to go to the World Cup, our pussies are still at home getting tucked into bed by their mums, and not getting the chance to win anything.

Other teams have information from the British government that they're going to get attacked?

Piss weak comment. CA can't possibly send school kids to Bangladesh having received that information

Feel free to go to countries ravaged by #MuslimTerrorism to test if it's safe Gough. I'm sure they'll be tolerant and progressive towards you

Other teams have information from the British government that they're going to get attacked?

Piss weak comment. CA can't possibly send school kids to Bangladesh having received that information

Information that is now 4 months old without a source. It could have come from anywhere.

The U/19 players and families didn't get a choice

As a 20 year old, if a team I was travelling with had direct threats made to them, I wouldn't wanna go ahead to said place.

As a 20 year old, if a team I was travelling with had direct threats made to them, I wouldn't wanna go ahead to said place.
Exactly, it's a pissweak strawman argument anyway, and it has nothing to do with South Africa.

Just so, so sad. There's a good chance that once the modern crop of players retire in a few years that South Africa will be relegated to a West Indies level or less. This is doing nobody any good, can't they see this!

Given the results in Bangladesh there may be something to this thread. But there's a big difference between one bad underage tournament and cricket development completely going down the gurgler in the country.

But to put it in context, they were the 3rd placed African team. They didn't just finish below Zimbabwe, they finished below Namibia as well!

Given the results in Bangladesh there may be something to this thread. But there's a big difference between one bad underage tournament and cricket development completely going down the gurgler in the country.

But to put it in context, they were the 3rd placed African team. They didn't just finish below Zimbabwe, they finished below Namibia as well!
On the other hand the won the last time this tournament was ran. I think a lot of this performance was due to lack of experience in those conditions more then anything.

The bit your missing is that rasicm must be based on the belief that one race is superior to another.

Which changes the whole dynamic of these quota based policies.....

That is not the true definition of racism. That's something that's been added later by certain types of people to suit their narrative.

Last edited:
After their t20 world cup squad came out it got me thinking; if David miller was "black" he'd be a test batsman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back