Are Spurs a big rock climbing club?

Are Spurs a big club?

• Total voters

just for that I hope we spoil your new toy unveilings on opening day ;)

not cool dude. of all people why show Judas. I'd hope Liverpool beat you too for that but that ain't gonna happen :p

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Judas a complete liar. And now he's running for Mayer of London!

Bojan you do appear to have something against Tottenham. How come cos I thought you were a United fan?

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
I am impartial towards Spurs. Growing up in Hertford i know more Spurs fans than any other clubs fans. The only thing i ever disliked about the club was Daniel Levy.

I just don't like people sooking about other clubs. I feel i take the piss out of all clubs equally.

Last edited:

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Oh I've no doubt you've got a waiting list. WHL holds about 30k ish doesn't it? You'd have a much better knowledge of this than me, do you think there's roughly 20k season ticket holders waiting to get in?
I'm currently 26,232 on the waiting list. Also got to take into consideration that corporate seating will now be more than 8k up from under 4k in the the current stadium.

I wonder how they will handle the debt.
Club is completly debt free going in to the project which is not the case when most clubs go into building a new stadium. NFL + stadium sponsorship (Zuckerberg rumours doing the rounds again) will be new revenue streams that the club has never had. Along with the stadium there is apartment buildings + some extreme sports site that will cover some costs too. Let's not forget Levy and ENIC's grand plan in all this is to sell the club. What better way to sell their asset than with a new stadium + real estate revenues to come in.

In terms of how it will effect us on field. I don't think it will be as great as it was for the goons. Our best signings are always the mid-low ranged younger guys (Bale, Eriksen etc.) or guys from smaller leagues (Berba when Bundesliga wasn't as good & Modric from Croatia). This will still be the case with Paul Mitchell taking over from Franco Baldini. Quite laughable that we've somehow managed to sell Kaboul & Paulinho for less than it has cost us to bring in Trippier & Alderwiereld :D

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I am impartial towards Spurs. Growing up in Hertford i know more Spurs fans than any other clubs fans. The only thing i ever disliked about the club was Daniel Levy.

I just don't like people sooking about other clubs. I feel i take the piss out of all clubs equally.
I didn't realise you were English. Where in Herts did you grow up?

You can take that equal attitude because you follow Man Utd who have been far above everyone for so long big until recently. Bit harder to do when you follow a club like Spurs

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I didn't realise you were English. Where in Herts did you grow up?

You can take that equal attitude because you follow Man Utd who have been far above everyone for so long big until recently. Bit harder to do when you follow a club like Spurs
Not English but spent 10 years in Hertford. Went to Haileybury in Hertford heath.

DaVillaBlues

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Aug 3, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
New England Patriots, Man City
Spurs are a high profile club, but by no means a 'big club' .. (more due to the fact of trophies and domestic league success)

Their bitter local rivalry with Arsenal is probably what props them up as a perceived big club, in my opinion

Spurs are a high profile club, but by no means a 'big club' .. (more due to the fact of trophies and domestic league success)

Their bitter local rivalry with Arsenal is probably what props them up as a perceived big club, in my opinion
Oh I see now. Similar to Carlton in that respect. High profile club but not a big club, propped up by its rivalry with the pies:thumbsu:

You learn something every day:)

Do we need to send you the 1995 DVD or one of the other 15 we have? :p
I'd sooner rather meet Jack Wilshere. That's saying something;)

Btw I had about 10 different smartarse responses but then remembered I know you elsewhere so I need to be nice :cry:

elhadjihenry

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Oh I see now. Similar to Carlton in that respect. High profile club but not a big club, propped up by its rivalry with the pies:thumbsu:

You learn something every day:)
I guess this makes Tottenham similar to Footscray?

Occasionally thereabouts at the pointy end but never go the distance, and haven't won a flag for 50+ years?

I guess this makes Tottenham similar to Footscray?

Occasionally thereabouts at the pointy end but never go the distance, and haven't won a flag for 50+ years?
I was making us similar to the Blooze. Now I think about it Arsenal are more like Carlton. You know... Achieving success by less than honourable means;)

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I was making us similar to the Blooze. Now I think about it Arsenal are more like Carlton. You know... Achieving success by less than honourable means;)
Liverpool remind me of Carlton. Much less cheating but similar annual delusion & lols :thumbsu:

Liverpool remind me of Carlton. Much less cheating but similar annual delusion & lols :thumbsu:
Yes that could work too. Just like Liverpool they're living off the reputation and history as they've been devoid of success for 30 years:thumbsu:

elhadjihenry

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Yes that could work too. Just like Liverpool they're living off the reputation and history as they've been devoid of success for 30 years:thumbsu:
20 years. I'm all for s**t canning Carlton at the moment but at least get your facts straight!

Back