Roast Are the Barham fans happy?

Remove this Banner Ad

You're unbelievable! He came in and was assigned as Aaron Davey's tagger! It was not the role that he was playing in the VFL, and it was a big ask for him in my opinion, and most of Davey's possessions were handball receives which are not easy to prevent. Do you have any idea, or do you just blindly bag everything? :confused: I still think he is a promising player that has much to offer.

KS Barham was no where near Davey a lot of the time for a tagger he played very loose on him, he would of had instruction to not let Davey have an impact and sacrifice his game in the process. Unfortunately he was often a good 10m off Davey and barely got it when he did he turned it over.

Another version of Danny Stanley would be going way over the top, but to call him a poor mans Stanley is just absurd.
Nah not really.
I tell you what is absurd. Some Collingwood fan coming onto a melbourne board before the game and posting on their Thread 'The Good the bad the fugly' Stating that 1. L.Davis and P.Medhurst would rip the dees to shreads. exactly how did that go for you guys Paddywhacker?
2. Stating the the pies would take the lambs (MFC) to the slaughters.

That sounds a little absurd to me dont you think?

Its only a matter of time before I make a thread expressing how s**t a game Blair and Josh Thomas played. Crap thread!

Seriously, players get built up far too much on these forums with respect to their VFL form and once they come in, they are instantly expected to perform at superman level. They need to be persisted with and then we can make an honest assessment on where they will be in 2-5 years.

Bit of patience please!

Nah not really.
I tell you what is absurd. Some Collingwood fan coming onto a melbourne board before the game and posting on their Thread 'The Good the bad the fugly' Stating that 1. L.Davis and P.Medhurst would rip the dees to shreads. exactly how did that go for you guys Paddywhacker?
2. Stating the the pies would take the lambs (MFC) to the slaughters.

That sounds a little absurd to me dont you think?

One is called having fun. The other is an angry fan that wants to be taken seriously. It's absurd that your senstive moderator gave me a warning. Your thread was titled Colliwobbles, do you expect to be taken seriously by our fans on what is a board for all supporterts, granted this was the Demon's section? FFS it's a game of footy, grow up! (yes that goes for your moderator Deestroy as well).

KS Barham was no where near Davey a lot of the time for a tagger he played very loose on him, he would of had instruction to not let Davey have an impact and sacrifice his game in the process. Unfortunately he was often a good 10m off Davey and barely got it when he did he turned it over.
That's my point. He was assigned as Davey's tagger, and that is not the role he was playing in the VFL. It was a big ask of him, and he was not playing his natural game. It's impossible to judge him for that reason.

That's my point. He was assigned as Davey's tagger, and that is not the role he was playing in the VFL. It was a big ask of him, and he was not playing his natural game. It's impossible to judge him for that reason.

The problem for Barham is he will not make it as a outside mid due to having atrocious disposal, his only hope at AFL is as a tagger.

He has the pace and endurance but does he have the mental toughness to keep at it on an opponent and not give an inch.

the sooner he is delisted the better. I've said he is not upto it for years. Can't kick. doesn't do this job well.. your fired. Lucky to get a game anyway only got one because of johnnos injury

Horrible footballer as I said last week.

He got 6 touches, provided as much damage with them as a kitten attacking yarn, whilst his opponent who he was tagging Davey sliced us up. **** he drove me nuts today

yer hes not a tagger in the vfl so if there gonna bring him in the team as a tagger then make him tag in the vfl . derr. not his fault they gave him the wrong task.

first afl game of the year. he played better then some of neon's efforts this year so id give him more time in first grade before bagging him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yer hes not a tagger in the vfl so if there gonna bring him in the team as a tagger then make him tag in the vfl . derr. not his fault they gave him the wrong task.

first afl game of the year. he played better then some of neon's efforts this year so id give him more time in first grade before bagging him

Bull s**t, if we played him as an offensive runner he'd hurt us even more ffs. On the tagging issue, he's been used entirely as a tagger in every AFL appearance and every vfl match until this season, it's not like the role is foreign to him

He clearly isn't AFL standard.

For someone with such an "elite" endurance/speed combo, it really wasn't on show vs Davey and his football smarts are terrible.

Sometimes, just because you are "performing" at VFL level, it does not mean that form can translate into AFL level. Look no further than Danny Stanley.

This was the consensus last year. But when so many were optimistic about his improvement, I was looking forward to seeing him play. I was disappointed.

Seriously, players get built up far too much on these forums with respect to their VFL form and once they come in, they are instantly expected to perform at superman level. They need to be persisted with and then we can make an honest assessment on where they will be in 2-5 years.

Bit of patience please!

personally, i have never thought that barham was up to AFL standard. Even his dad was crappy when it came to disposal. However, he's worth another try...

personally, i have never thought that barham was up to AFL standard. Even his dad was crappy when it came to disposal. However, he's worth another try...

You clearly never saw Ricky play, he was a fantastic kick

^^ exactly. Cant kick, cant handball, cant get the ball...Thought he was very impressive tackling wise. But he was tagging Davey and Davey shreaded us to pieces again.
i think youre confusing toovey with barham hang on they both cant kick or handball. very disrepectful to the dees,,,,, i hope those '' injured '' players will be good come sydney..

Barham lacks composure in the AFL and is disposal appears as bad as ever. I won't say he will be delisted, but I don't think he'll be back in the seniors for a long time.

Yep, he does seem to lack composure when stepping up in the seniors. I would like to see him get an extended run in the side to allow him time to get used to the speed and standard as it is a massive step up from the VFL to AFL. A little like some were calling for last year with the Stanley knife.

Sadly it won't happen, will have to go back and earn a call up through the VFL again.

Of Barham's senior games that was far from his best. He has had several quality outings in the seniors before and should come back fresh and ready to fire after the break.

Has been good in big crunch games and showed that on debut against Brisbane last season. I don't think we have seen the end of Barham. Get a few more games into him and he will be fine.

I'm still confident he can still make it at AFL level. :)

Of Barham's senior games that was far from his best. He has had several quality outings in the seniors before and should come back fresh and ready to fire after the break.

Has been good in big crunch games and showed that on debut against Brisbane last season. I don't think we have seen the end of Barham. Get a few more games into him and he will be fine.

If he had of been include ahead of Lockyer, I would've been absolutely ropable.

You have an uncanny knack of making the ordinary allegedly extraordinary, whereas battle-hardened veterans are simply tossed to the scrapheap in your little world.

Collingwood coach 2020? I ****ing hope not.

The Brisbane game last year is the only time i've seen him play in the flesh and he was like an animal with his attack on the ball and especially tackling. Didn't get to see that part of his game today.

Yep, he does seem to lack composure when stepping up in the seniors. I would like to see him get an extended run in the side to allow him time to get used to the speed and standard as it is a massive step up from the VFL to AFL. A little like some were calling for last year with the Stanley knife.

Sadly it won't happen, will have to go back and earn a call up through the VFL again.

I'm not sure I buy the idea that it's composure he's lacking. Davey burnt him off with ease today...that's got nothing to do with composure, and everything to do with speed/fitness - which may be "elite" at VFL level but clearly isn't at AFL level.

It's one thing to stay on the tail of a (very skilled) plodder like Luke Power, but if he can't do a job on the speedier guys, is it really worth persevering with him?

I was actually reasonably excited to see him get his chance today given the opposition and his form in the 2's, but he's managed to draw level with Ryan Cook in the space of one game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back