Are the Bulldogs gawn? They have a nightmare run home.

Remove this Banner Ad

They're currently 7-6, and outside on percentage only. Nothing wrong with that.

But they have a tough run home, and just don't seem to have hit their straps this year.

Let's take a look:

R14: Port @ TD
R15: Essendon @ TD
R16: Geelong @ TD
R17: WC @ TD
R18: St. Kilda @ TD
R19: Melbourne @ TD
R20: Adelaide @ AAMI
R21: Hawthorn @ TD
R22: Kangas @ TD

8 of the last 9 at TD, but, apart from Melbourne, all of those sides are aiming to play finals.

The Dogs have an ordinary percentage, so will need at least 12 wins to play finals. Can they get over the line?

Start enough threads about enough clubs and you're bound to get one right eventually.

Bold = Likely Win
Blue = 50/50
Red = Likely Loss

4 wins and 2/4 from the 50/50's should get them another 6 which would make 13 overall. Should make the finals.

THe way St. Kilda have handled us in recent years I'd put that one in red

Need to win our next 2 to be any chance.

Our injuries/ suspensions to key players at present are clearly hurting us. Murphy and Cross are in our best 5, Griffen and Eagleton in our best 10 or 12. All are running types and are irreplacable especailly with the style of play we choose.

We clearly have deficiencies, we lack a good mobile ruckman and tall forward, our defence although poor yesterday is improving, but if we had these 4 players in our team on a regular basis we would be a far better team and would not through in performances like yesterday.

Would be a 65% chance to defeat St. K

:eek:

45% would be generous or have they found a couple of decent tall defenders since we last played them.

and if so why didn't they play on Petrie

Watching them yesterday, too many of them are selfish, soft and lazy. The blokes that aren't get visibly pissed off with the passengers. They really don't look like a unit ATM. Not sure if it's just me reading too much into little things, but I don't think Aker and Johnno can stand each other. Johnson is a champion, but he cheated yesterday and was absolutely giving it to teamates up field for various reasons.

Darcy is just about gone, and apart from Harris, they don't have one quality tall on the park. Guys like Boyd, West, Harris, Morris etc must get a little tired of busting their arse each week and not having everyone do the same.

And Eade was pansted yesterday. As was whoever their midfield coach is.

One of the more over rated clubs going around. Simply don't have the cattle or are deserving to play or win finals footy.

Just an opinion.

You have stated this opinion on a few threads.....I think you have been reading too many newspapers. The media likes us because when we are up & about we play exciting open football, but it has been proved time & again that hard contested footy generally wins the premiership.
Yeah, you may be correct in saying that we are "overrated", but after the performance we put up yesterday, I would think that the Rd 22 rematch may find our our guys feel they have something to prove.

the bulldogs have definately got something goin on behind the scenes... with players out last year their was a real desire to all have a red hot go, but now it almost feels like they are relying on others to do the hard work.. johnson cant dominate each week and with the power house in cross out, west has got the world on his shoulders. not to mention griffins spark. yesturday was terrible and a big mark or chas down from matty robbins or a break the line and goal from griffin was what the dogs needed. we cant expect darcy, murphy and hahn to just take off from where they were before their injuries. ill say this now and tag this message.. WESTERN BULLDOGS PREMIERS 2008.

It really depends if your glass is half full or half empty. One might see it as a nightmare draw, Eade probably sees it as an opportunistic draw. They play a lot of sides who are also playing for a top 8 spot so fate is still in their hands, they dont play gumby sides so they don't have to hope teams above them have to lose to someone else, they can actually put some points on the board AND deny points to those above them at the same time.

It really depends if your glass is half full or half empty. One might see it as a nightmare draw, Eade probably sees it as an opportunistic draw. They play a lot of sides who are also playing for a top 8 spot so fate is still in their hands, they dont play gumby sides so they don't have to hope teams above them have to lose to someone else, they can actually put some points on the board AND deny points to those above them at the same time.
It's a tough draw, however you look at it.

We have won 19 out of the last 23 at the Dome and have 8 out of 9 in the run home, that gives us a good chance. The toughest game is against the Saints as they seem to have our measure in the last few years.

We still have some good players to come back in as well which will help us and Grant now has one game under his belt and will be better for the run home.

People forget we are currently playing four teenagers plus a 20 year old in his 4th game

To come back in, Eagleton, Cross, Griffen and Murphy. We also have some back up players in case of other injuries such as Minson, Skipper, Robbins, Faulkner, McDougall.

They're currently 7-6, and outside on percentage only. Nothing wrong with that.

But they have a tough run home, and just don't seem to have hit their straps this year.

Let's take a look:

R15: Essendon @ TD
R16: Geelong @ TD
R17: WC @ TD
R19: Melbourne @ TD
R20: Adelaide @ AAMI
R21: Hawthorn @ TD
R22: Kangas @ TD

8 of the last 9 at TD, but, apart from Melbourne, all of those sides are aiming to play finals.

The Dogs have an ordinary percentage, so will need at least 12 wins to play finals. Can they get over the line?

Based on your 12 games to play finals theory, the Dogs have to win 5 from their last 9 which is about the same ratio of where they are now (7-6).

Port aren't travelling that well & the Bombers are a week to week proposition. the Cats & the Eagles are playing really good footy at present so you'd have to mark them down as losses.

The Saints & the Dees are definitely beatable but the Crows at Arctic Park is a tough assignment.

They can roll the Hawks so I reckon it might come down to them needing to beat the Kangas in the last round to make it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the more over rated clubs going around. Simply don't have the cattle or are deserving to play or win finals footy.

Just an opinion.

Pretty harsh I would have thought, we're pecentage out of finals with 9 games to go. Obviously right now we've been the 9th best team but theres still 9 games to go and we'll probably be back in the 8 next week.

We haven't had a great season but we do have the cattle to play finals and win finals. Not to be a legitimate contender, but we have a better side on paper last season when we did play and win finals footy. And we have beaten 3 out of the top 4 teams which shows that on our day we're capable of being a very good team. We've just been too inconsistent

I think we'll get in there because to be honest I think its far from a nightmare draw. Some good teams in there but 8 out of 9 at the ground we are best at, where even though we haven't been playing particularly well teams have struggled to beat us at. We are a good side at home.

Based on your 12 games to play finals theory, the Dogs have to win 5 from their last 9 which is about the same ratio of where they are now (7-6).

Port aren't travelling that well & the Bombers are a week to week proposition. the Cats & the Eagles are playing really good footy at present so you'd have to mark them down as losses.

The Saints & the Dees are definitely beatable but the Crows at Arctic Park is a tough assignment.

They can roll the Hawks so I reckon it might come down to them needing to beat the Kangas in the last round to make it.

Solid post. i think you might be right about it coming down to round 22. The dogs are definitely a chance to make it but their inconsistency this season does worry me. my gut feeling is they will scrape in

We are capable of beating Port, Essendon, Geelong, West Coast, Melbourne, Hawks and Kangaroos. Only the St Kilda and Adelaide games do I not think we can win.

So, you think you can beat a team with an awesome defence like Geelong, but lose to a side that has lost most, if not all, of it's key defenders like St.Kilda? Yup, that makes sense. :rolleyes:

So, you think you can beat a team with an awesome defence like Geelong, but lose to a side that has lost most, if not all, of it's key defenders like St.Kilda? Yup, that makes sense. :rolleyes:

We always struggle against StKilda lately. We've already beat Geelong once

If it comes down to r22 I'd be confident of making it. We had Archer's 300th last weekend, but im pretty sure Johnno's 300th is scheduled for r22 against North :)

Any coincidence that Akermanis and Everitt are at teams who have seemed to off peak form all year?

Cross, Griffin out will hurt them over the next 6 weeks, they just dont seem to be clicking, but if they can win 3/4 or something similar and get their mojo gameplan back, they'll be dangerous. Big if though.

Explain to me why you are nonperforming then smart ass.

Hypes up to oblivion.

Is it the above reasons or have you just been found out?
We have underperformed. All bulldog supporters will admit that.
We havent played a whole game of football yet. Played quarters here and there. Will beat those soft Cats AGAIN when we play them.:thumbsu: Mark my words

Remove this Banner Ad

Back