Analysis Are the Cats a Fraud

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing that clubs have had almost a century to adapt to that stadium and still haven’t quite managed it isn’t it.

Hasn't stopped us winning down in Geelong, honestly blaming a stadium is the worst excuse.

Sorry?

Are you disputing/questioning the odds I shared?

If you are, get off your fat, lazy backside and look them up yourself...
No. I'm asking where you got them from.

Exactly. And the Swans do it because they aren’t already making venue related excuses before it happens and simply get in there and give it a crack.

Last time I looked and correct me if I'm wrong, the oval has a circle, and posts...so it's just like any other stadium. Honestly half the reason why other sides struggle is that they rarely play there and want every excuse for the Cats to play them at neutral grounds like the MCG.

And my response was 'I'm a betting man'.

The implicit suggestion there is that I am able to recall them from the time the Grand Finals were played.
Oh ok.

This is the first season Geelong have adopted a slightly different playing style that is more suited to finals football. That is why they are much better placed than previous years to win the flag.

I believe Chris Scott was too stubborn for too long to change the way he ‘thought’ football should be played - but then Richmond continued to win flags and then the Demons won a flag playing similar style to Richmond and he realised ‘if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em’.

In previous finals under pressure we’ve seen Kolodjashnij and the like make horrific kicking errors that are not usually committed in lower pressure H&A games. But now they don’t play anywhere near as much ‘chip, chip’ possession footy that often comes unstuck in finals, they are certainly hot favourites to take this years flag.

If they do win it then it does make you wonder how many more flags …. If any … they would have won if Chris Scott changed styles a little earlier. But a flag this year will certainly silence once and for all the ‘home and away Chris’ comments.

From what I’ve seen over the last 15-weeks I actually think the only team that is capable of beating the Cats this final series is Richmond. 4 x losses by a total of 15-points and a team with finals experience and forward weapons to kick a winning score against Geelong’s outstanding defence … especially if Dusty returns.

Whether they get an opportunity only time will tell … it seems unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It’s not just game style but personnel. Look how many players are in the current best 22 who weren’t at the club or not getting a regular game in 2020. - Jezza, SDK, Isaac Smith, Zac Guthrie (now a regular), Max Holmes, & Stengle

Those odds accord with my memory too, pretty much bang on
I remember backing Collingwood in 2002 at $4 on the Friday before the Grand Final.

The betting Agent said to me 'You realise you can get $5 (or whatever it was) for Collingwood 1 - 39'?

I wasn't going to fall for that old chestnut. Margin betting is for Amateurs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember backing Collingwood in 2002 at $4 on the Friday before the Grand Final.

The betting Agent said to me 'You realise you can get $5 (or whatever it was) for Collingwood 1 - 39'?

I wasn't going to fall for that old chestnut. Margin betting is for Amateurs.
Yeah I felt clever margin-betting on outsider Adelaide in the 98 prelim, but they'd almost cleared the margin by half time and just kept going

FFS. Yep definitely a fraud. Wins against Collingwood, Melbourne, Carlton, Richmond, Brisbane we're all bull s**t and a result of this clearly advantaged club.

Yeah I felt clever margin-betting on outsider Adelaide in the 98 prelim, but they'd almost cleared the margin by half time and just kept going
I backed Collingwood 1-39 against Richmond in 1999 when we were shite (they were obviously shite too at the time, as they were for most of those three decades of lost years, but not as shite as us). Pies were nearly 8 goals up with 5 minutes to go before Richmond kicked two late goals in junk time for me to win my bet.

The next (and only other) time I did a margin bet was to 2010 Preliminary Final against Geelong. I got something like 80 to 1 about a margin of 61 - 72 points, and I went into the Bullring at half time hoping my team would take their foot off the accelerator given they were already 10 goals up at that stage.

I haven't had a margin bet since.

They'll make at least the Prelim. IMO if they meet Melbourne in either the Prelim or GF they lose.
Because of the MCG? I agree, think we've lost 2 of our last 12 games at the G which is damming enough, but then when you realise the width of the ground has a direct correlation with winning contested ball at the contest, it's a no brainer we'd lose to your mob anywhere that isn't KP.

I backed Collingwood 1-39 against Richmond in 1999 when we were shite (they were obviously shite too at the time, as they were for most of those three decades of lost years, but not as shite as us). Pies were nearly 8 goals up with 5 minutes to go before Richmond kicked two late goals in junk time for me to win my bet.

The next (and only other) time I did a margin bet was to 2010 Preliminary Final against Geelong. I got something like 80 to 1 about a margin of 61 - 72 points, and I went into the Bullring at half time hoping my team would take their foot off the accelerator given they were already 10 goals up at that stage.

I haven't had a margin bet since.
Yeah my last was 2 weeks later, Pies by 60+, they got 56 ahead then kicked the ball around for the last 5 minutes 😞

Looking at Geelong of 2022 on the surface they appear sensational, however if you dig a little under the surface you will notice one of the most biased draws of all time for a side coming off a Preliminary Final.

• Sides they have doubled up against, Roos, Eagles, Saints, Dogs and Power all outside the 8.
  • Of the 7 games only against top 8 sides 3 have been in Geelong, 3 at he MCG and only 1 against the swans away which was a comfortable loss.
  • In the 15 games played since round 8 they have played 12 sides outside the 8 with games against Richmond and struggling Carlton at the G and Melbourne at Skilled.
  • 5 of their last 8 games at Skilled
  • Last 5 games against sides outside the 8.

What's Skilled?

LOL de koning 5 time AA 😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣, and stewart has never played on a man in his life. As crap as brown in he's still kicked more goals in a regular season than Hawkins ever has in his 300 game career, also achieved 3 60 plus seasons in succession so he can clearly play.

Oh we are going to bring up past games, lets bring up the 3 prior to this years including that alcoholic on 1 leg obliterating grandpas army by almost 90 points. Backline was so great it let a ruckman that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, kick 5 goals on them
You really don’t want to bring up past results between our clubs do you!? I get last year was great but that doesn’t erode the torture we have inflicted on your club this century. Paul Roos last game & 186 just to name a couple..

LOL de koning 5 time AA 😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣, and stewart has never played on a man in his life. As crap as brown in he's still kicked more goals in a regular season than Hawkins ever has in his 300 game career, also achieved 3 60 plus seasons in succession so he can clearly play.

Oh we are going to bring up past games, lets bring up the 3 prior to this years including that alcoholic on 1 leg obliterating grandpas army by almost 90 points. Backline was so great it let a ruckman that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, kick 5 goals on them
That is a very dumb comment, what are Browns score assist and score involvement
figures? When Hawkins won the Coleman he was also ranked number 1 for goal assists,
think about that stat! Last year Hawkins was ranked 12th, Brown was ranked 278th!
This year Hawkins is ranked number 1 equal with Petracca, Brown is ranked 263rd!
There is only one other key forward in the top 15 and that is Jeremy Cameron.
You should think before you write such inane, nonsensical garbage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back