Analysis Are the Cats a Fraud

Remove this Banner Ad

Here we go. We can always be guaranteed you will chime in with your "I'm not sure why Cats even bother as they will bomb out in finals" arguments, and fake arguments. With that logic WB, Tigers and Demons should not have won premierships in recent years because of their track records...

This is who we beat in the last month:

Gold Coast - yes, have to concede they were easy beats with nothing to play for. Plenty still "predicted" Cats would lose to them because that's what always happens!
St Kilda - this was the Saints' elimination final. They had everything to play for. Is it our fault they didn't turn up after half time?
Bulldogs - same as Saints, when we played them they were still in the hunt for a finals berth
Port Power - they were still playing for a finals berth
Carlton - were fighting for a top 4 position

Misleading form when you list these out.

GCS - lost 4 out of the last 5.
St Kilds - lost 3 out of the last 5. Very much a hot and cold side. Simply cannot take sustained pressure.
Bulldogs - yep you beat them fair and square...at home. Kardinia Park simply does not give me a good read of form sorry.
Port - lost 4 out of 5.
Carlton - season completely derailed. Lost 4 out of the last 5 and about to be kicked out of the 8.

I'm not arguing that you're not the form team. I think the Cats are in this up to their eyeballs. I simply cannot trust any Kardinia Park form and those that you have beaten leading into end of season have been either badly out of form or played at KP...or both.

Time will tell.

You're forgetting Brisbane, whose game style is "don't win at the MCG, don't win in Geelong and don't win finals at ANY cost,"

Brisbane couldn't even get it done against Geelong in a home prelim, and have managed a total of 1 finals win from three consecutive top four finishes. Makes Geelong's record look gold standard.

I stand corrected. Lions can’t beat you.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’ve never seen a team more prepared going into finals than Geelong. They’ll win every final by 10 goals.
Who’s going to stop Hawkins,Cameron and Stengel …

Misleading form when you list these out.

GCS - lost 4 out of the last 5.
St Kilds - lost 3 out of the last 5. Very much a hot and cold side. Simply cannot take sustained pressure.
Bulldogs - yep you beat them fair and square...at home. Kardinia Park simply does not give me a good read of form sorry.
Port - lost 4 out of 5.
Carlton - season completely derailed. Lost 4 out of the last 5 and about to be kicked out of the 8.

I'm not arguing that you're not the form team. I think the Cats are in this up to their eyeballs. I simply cannot trust any Kardinia Park form and those that you have beaten leading into end of season have been either badly out of form or played at KP...or both.

Time will tell.
Does that mean Tigers can’t be trusted? Your form coming into finals is average;

Suns - loss
North - loss
Dockers - draw
Lions - win but at MCG
Power - win, but as you say Power has lost 4 out of 5
Hawks - win, but what were Hawks playing for?

Don’t rate the other contenders?
Swans, Melb, Rich ?

I think more than ever this season is going to come down to matchups in finals.

Richmond for eg I think will match up well against the Cats, but perhaps not so well v Melbourne.

Geelong might match up well v Brisbane and Melbourne, but there has to be a query for the Cats against the faster teams, Swans, Tigers, Pies, Dockers.

I think which team you actually have to face in a finals match and which teams you avoid will matter this year more than ever.

Looking at Geelong of 2022 on the surface they appear sensational, however if you dig a little under the surface you will notice one of the most biased draws of all time for a side coming off a Preliminary Final.

• Sides they have doubled up against, Roos, Eagles, Saints, Dogs and Power all outside the 8.
  • Of the 7 games only against top 8 sides 3 have been in Geelong, 3 at he MCG and only 1 against the swans away which was a comfortable loss.
  • In the 15 games played since round 8 they have played 12 sides outside the 8 with games against Richmond and struggling Carlton at the G and Melbourne at Skilled.
  • 5 of their last 8 games at Skilled
  • Last 5 games against sides outside the 8.
I liked you better when all of your posts were whining about Goodwin and why he should be fired pre-2021, so I'll definitely trust your clearly elite football knowledge.

Yeah our draw has been soft.
Soft draws especially at the back end are not ideal, would prefer we played Sydney this week. We would still finish top, have had a better lead in game and suddenly our draw is not so soft.
If we can win the lot none of it will matter and it’s the only way to silence the doubters.
I think the OP is fair. Maybe wrong to doubt us but it’s fair.

Yes they are. I got a letter last week from an exiled Nigerian Prince, and it was printed on GFC letterhead.

I’m a clever fellow, so didn’t fall for this scam.

I’ve alerted the authorities. Expecting charges to be laid soon.

Frauds.

Yeah our draw has been soft.
Soft draws especially at the back end are not ideal, would prefer we played Sydney this week. We would still finish top, have had a better lead in game and suddenly our draw is not so soft.
If we can win the lot none of it will matter and it’s the only way to silence the doubters.
I think the OP is fair. Maybe wrong to doubt us but it’s fair.
The title of the thread is what is unfair

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think more than ever this season is going to come down to matchups in finals.

Richmond for eg I think will match up well against the Cats, but perhaps not so well v Melbourne.

Geelong might match up well v Brisbane and Melbourne, but there has to be a query for the Cats against the faster teams, Swans, Tigers, Pies, Dockers.

I think which team you actually have to face in a finals match and which teams you avoid will matter this year more than ever.

if you think Gerlong are not a fast team I’d suggest you have been asleep at the wheel.

Only played two games against top 6 sides away from Geelong this year, getting thrashed in one and 5 goals down at 3 quarter time in the other

Haven't really been put to the test and could well be frauds again
Rounds 2 & 3. WOW talk about scraping the barrel to prop up your argument.

That backs up my point totally! No games versus top 6 sides outside Geelong since round 3, not ideal preparation for the finals
Where was Carlton on ladder when we played them?

Does this happen on BigFooty every year, to whoever finishes top?
We've had the Tiggies, Pies and Demons supporters jumping at shadows all year for whatever reason, couple that with there being so many of them around these days and you get what we've got now, constant threads about some of the weirdest conspiracy theories you could imagine. It's an embarrassing state really, but we're the common enemy and this is how they console themselves with our dominant form thus far.

Does that mean Tigers can’t be trusted? Your form coming into finals is average;

Suns - loss
North - loss
Dockers - draw
Lions - win but at MCG
Power - win, but as you say Power has lost 4 out of 5
Hawks - win, but what were Hawks playing for?

haha you're spot on. There's no way we can be trusted!

One thing I do know...we play our best footy at the G.

Intriguing finals series. We won't win it but I do think teams that play us will be a tad nervous going into the game. Which Tigers will turn up? And will Martin play? And if he does, they absolutely will be sh1tting themselves. Tantalizing thoughts 👍

haha you're spot on. There's no way we can be trusted!

One thing I do know...we play our best footy at the G.

Intriguing finals series. We won't win it but I do think teams that play us will be a tad nervous going into the game. Which Tigers will turn up? And will Martin play? And if he does, they absolutely will be sh1tting themselves. Tantalizing thoughts 👍
I can only find 4 games where Richmond were not in front at 3 quarter time, they are extremely dangerous IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back