Are the Crows mad?

BringFevBack2021

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
The Crows didn't hand down the punishment.

The punishment is derived from a mediation process once a racial incident is raised.

The punishment is agreed by mediation with the AFL, the club, the player, the victim of the slur, and the person who reported it.
I know, that's what I suggested. I was giving the Crows an out.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Talia's bigger issue going forward is injury management and dealing with a body that seems to be breaking down pretty quick. He's always been one that's been super diligent on the recovery part of his game, but he's getting to the point where he struggles to work a full load through the week and has to have his training loads massively reduced or removed all together to get up for the game. Basically for the Crows at this point their time is better invested in another player rather than trying to nurse Talia through another year or two. Now that can be different for a team that's in a premiership window where they can take a chance they can get Talia healthy and playing for most of the year, but we'll be a bottom 4 side again next year most likely with Butts, Murray, McAsey, Frampton and Borlase all working as tall defenders.

Kinda hope that McKay gets another year, just for the lols.

It may result in an armed uprising by members though.
He's very popular **** the older Facebook crowd. They'd probably be more upset about cutting Mackay than they would be with cutting Talia or Lynch.

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
People were saying the same thing about North Melbourne at the end of last season.

Clearing out the older blokes seems to be working out okay for them.
Apart from they're last.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nah I like Adelaides approach to list management. They have enough experience to build around.

They have sufficient experience in the back 6 with Kelly & Doedee, plus the very talented Butts.

Their midfield is very experienced with O’Brien, Laird & Sloane. Which allows guys like Schoenberg are protected. Need to hit the draft hard for mids the next couple years.

Tex is critical to their forward line. However Thil & Fog will be ready to call it their own in 12-24 months.

They have added a lot of top 30 picks over the past 3 or so years & have a great coach. It’s nowhere near a finished product, but they’re on the right path.

Having lived both the prolonged approach & quick deep approach with my own club, I much prefer what they are doing, which is cutting quick & deep.

Go the Guts

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Mighty Double Blues
Talia is cooked. Essentially retired.

Yep. Not sure what was reported interstate tonight but Adelaide news said Talia doesn't want to leave Adelaide (even though he is Victorian and has been delisted - yes that is correct), and he will stay here and try and get his foot right next year. Really not sure why he would bother, unless he has a supreme belief that he will play to 35. But he was slow 5 years ago.

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yep. Not sure what was reported interstate tonight but Adelaide news said Talia doesn't want to leave Adelaide (even though he is Victorian and has been delisted - yes that is correct), and he will stay here and try and get his foot right next year. Really not sure why he would bother, unless he has a supreme belief that he will play to 35. But he was slow 5 years ago.
Probably gets to hit up the AFL/AFLPA/Crows for some sweet injury payments. No point moving his family away from there long time home unless he's playing. He's just turned 30, he should try to get rehab an injury as well as possible for life after footy, but there's also the possibility of coming back through a SANFL club then on to an AFL list when he's ready.

And if not AFL any half decent AFL footballer, yet alone a really good tall, should want to get healthy so they can cash in on the local footy circuit. I don't know what the going rate is in SA but he'd have a goal square with his name on it when healthy in a suburban league in Melbourne and a handy bit of pocket money.

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
*St Kilda

…and he was clearly cooked.

Talia could very well be done too.

I reckon he’ll get a gig if he is happy to move states for our equivalent of a ‘Veteran’s Minimum’

So he wasn’t willing to move and I think we all know he’s cooked with more foot surgery to come.

s**t way to end his career but I don’t think anyone will be rolling the dice at the end of next season after 2 years out of AFL footy and 30+.

Adelaide's current football and coaching department seems to me the most pragmatic, logical and long term thinking group since they had Mal Blight and Reid at the Crows in the late 90s.è
That and the administration chsnges have made a huge difference as well. The previous chairman and CEO were disastrous for the club and it’s taking a while to undo the damage from the last 20 or so years of mismanagement.

Back