Are the Dees a genuine top 8 side now?

Remove this Banner Ad

On a side note, im currently in Portugal and have been puzzled to discover your name literally means Supermarket.

Any story there?

There was a Fatboy Slim music video where they were outside a SUPERMERCADO and I said "that will do".

So there is a story but not an interesting one.

Bye week. What better time to reassess where we're at.
Currently with a win/loss of 8-4, good percentage and a tendency to s**t the bed against reasonable sides, when I look at our remaining fixture I'm getting a bit tight in the bollocks.
Remaining games as follows:

Port @ AO
Saints @ MCG
Freo @ TIO
Dogs @ MCG

Cats @ GMHBA
Crows @ AO
Suns @ MCG
Swans @ MCG
Eagles @ OS
Giants @ MCG

In bold are the games we SHOULD win which gets us to 12 wins and I consider all the others to be 50/50 or worse.
Can't see us beating Port, Cats, or Eagles so call those losses for the sake of this.
That leaves games the Crows, Swans and Giants.
I don't know whether 13 wins gets you into the 8 this year with how tight things are so good percentage is important but I think we'll need to win 2 more of those remaining 50/50's to ensure a spot.
We are by no means a lock for the 8 which would be a joke considering how hyped up the club has been and to miss finals this year from the position we got ourselves to would be utterly embarrassing.

Bye week. What better time to reassess where we're at.
Currently with a win/loss of 8-4, good percentage and a tendency to s**t the bed against reasonable sides, when I look at our remaining fixture I'm getting a bit tight in the bollocks.
Remaining games as follows:

Port @ AO
Saints @ MCG
Freo @ TIO
Dogs @ MCG

Cats @ GMHBA
Crows @ AO
Suns @ MCG
Swans @ MCG
Eagles @ OS
Giants @ MCG

In bold are the games we SHOULD win which gets us to 12 wins and I consider all the others to be 50/50 or worse.
Can't see us beating Port, Cats, or Eagles so call those losses for the sake of this.
That leaves games the Crows, Swans and Giants.
I don't know whether 13 wins gets you into the 8 this year with how tight things are so good percentage is important but I think we'll need to win 2 more of those remaining 50/50's to ensure a spot.
We are by no means a lock for the 8 which would be a joke considering how hyped up the club has been and to miss finals this year from the position we got ourselves to would be utterly embarrassing.
Agree with all of this. It’s going to be touch and go I reckon. I don’t rate that Cats that highly though, should be a win for us. And even though the games you havent highlighted are tough matches, if we are serious we should be able to win at least a couple. No way we are a lock for the eight though.

Agree with all of this. It’s going to be touch and go I reckon. I don’t rate that Cats that highly though, should be a win for us. And even though the games you havent highlighted are tough matches, if we are serious we should be able to win at least a couple. No way we are a lock for the eight though.
Yeah I agree the Cats one is winnable but could be tough down there. The Crows game is winnable and we tend to play ok at AO so hopefully we can give Port a good run for their money too.
Also agree we SHOULD be able to pinch one or two of those but we'll obviously also have to win the 4 games that we'd be hot favourites for too.
Will be interesting to see how many GWS have back late in the year because they look to be slowly turning things around and could be flying come round 23!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we don’t beat any of those teams outside of the “gimmies” we will purely be making up the numbers in the finals.
100%
No point making the 8 to get blown away by 10+ goals ala Essendon last year so we'd definitely want to beat a couple of those 50/50 sides regardless.
But watch the footy world rightly come hard for us if we manage to bugger it up and miss the 8 this year.
Not too many excuses to fall back on this year.
Last year perhaps was a year early and we faced long periods without many good players but having got ourselves into a really good spot this year, we'll have failed massively if we miss from here.

I think we can get Port next week and the rest of those big games we need the best form from Gawn, Viney, Oliver and maybe a game breaker in Petracca. Our midfield group hasn’t stood up against the good sides this year.

If we don’t beat any of those teams outside of the “gimmies” we will purely be making up the numbers in the finals.
To be honest I just want to see us make finals. I think we are better than making up numbers team. I think the way the competition is atm making finals is a lot tougher than what it has been in the past. To say we are just making numbers is a bit harsh imo. I actually think we won't make finals taking the flat track anyway.

I want us to make finals
But I’m current form we would just be making up the numbers as we are crap against decent opposition
I still would prefer to make finals thiugh

I want us to make finals
But I’m current form we would just be making up the numbers as we are crap against decent opposition
I still would prefer to make finals thiugh
"on current form"- we've won 6 of our last 7. Granted we didnt play anyone great, but you can only beat who's in front of you and we smashed em all. My concern is our form this year at the MCG, we look so slow when we play there and for whatever reason our skills and decision making turns to s**t

I’m very bullish about us winning against the crows and port, we play well at AO.

Should account for giants at the G. They have a very poor record there.

Swans eagles and cats games will be tough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back