Are the Dees a genuine top 8 side now?

Remove this Banner Ad

I said it early in 2017 and I'll say it again, if Goody doesn't make finals end of 2018 I'd be showing him the door provided we could get a big name in.

Who counts as a big name these days? Clarkson contracted until 2019, Ross Lyon suffering from burst reputation, no Roos in 2014 style figure waiting in the wings.

I said it early in 2017 and I'll say it again, if Goody doesn't make finals end of 2018 I'd be showing him the door provided we could get a big name in.

Nathan Buckley should be available at some point next season...

I think we'll finally make the finals next year. I reckon top 4 will be a little bit beyond us but a top 6 finish is quite possible from where I see it. It would be a disaster if we miss the finals again and Goody's position could very well be in danger. But, in saying that, I can't wait for the season to start and my gut feel is that it will be a positive season for us.

Normally top eight sides hand out floggings on the regular. We never can seem to be able to do it.
Concerns me. We've got to start pummelling teams next year. I've always said, and I am often never wrong talking about us pre and post game, we never turn 30 point leads into 60 points wins.

I said we wouldn't make finals in Goodwin's first year and if we did it was a bonus.

Obvs just opinion, but this group is ready now

Think if we have a reasonable run with injuries then we should be top 8. The comp is close enough that any team with key injuries will struggle to make the 8.

No matter which way you put it to miss finals in 2018 would be a huge disaster, and you can’t sack 22 players.
I reckon we should try stability for a change, regardless of results. I’d give goody 12-15 years and see what happens!

But seriously, I do think we need to try to keep things stable and not completely * the careers of another group of talented young players. I’d only consider sacking Goodwin this year if it looked like he was turning out to be Neeld II in terms of his relationships with players.

Prior to boot camp gate, I’d seen or heard nothing to even hintat that. In fact, it was all strongly to the contrary. The whole boot camp thing is a bit of a worry. Hopefully it’s not a sign of broader relationship and trust issues.

Who counts as a big name these days? Clarkson contracted until 2019, Ross Lyon suffering from burst reputation, no Roos in 2014 style figure waiting in the wings.
Sacking Goodwin after 2 seasons is complete lunacy. I've questioned a lot of his selections and tactics at times, but he is the man to lead us to finals. Hopefully that is next season. The only coach that we would entertain if we don't make finals next year, would be Clarko. Goodwin gets 3 years minimum..

Sacking Goodwin after 2 seasons is complete lunacy. I've questioned a lot of his selections and tactics at times, but he is the man to lead us to finals. Hopefully that is next season. The only coach that we would entertain if we don't make finals next year, would be Clarko. Goodwin gets 3 years minimum..

Agree, just because Richmond are good again it doesn't mean we need to turn into Tigers fans.

Can't disagree with this on any level. At some point this club (and supporter base) has to stick with a bloody coach and accept thay they won't be everybody's cup of tea.

He may actually know a bit about footy even if some of us arent feeling it. True story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tigers have been much worse than the dogs. Main board is unreadable atm due to their rubbish.

Don't visit the main board, but don't recall many Dogs fans suddenly venturing to our board to preach patience and wisdom at us after the 2016 GF. Why their team winning a flag suddenly makes Tigs fans experts on culture, player development, coaching, etc is a memo I must have missed. Looking forward to them missing the 8 next year and all the meltdowns that'll come with.

Don't visit the main board, but don't recall many Dogs fans suddenly venturing to our board to preach patience and wisdom at us after the 2016 GF. Why their team winning a flag suddenly makes Tigs fans experts on culture, player development, coaching, etc is a memo I must have missed. Looking forward to them missing the 8 next year and all the meltdowns that'll come with.
You should go to the MB, you'd have a lot of fun

We really should make the 8. I always thought 2018 was the year. Not 2017. Although yes in the end we should have made it. Not making it in 2018 will be a disaster. Unless we manage to have worse injuries than this year.
Our list is starting to shape nicely. A lot of you players pushing towards or beyond 50 games. Plus we have genuine talent in every line now.

Bulldogs fans have been a picture of class and good breeding compared to Richmond’s. One flag and they think the sun shines out of every yellow and black orifice in the world

Bulldogs fans have been a picture of class and good breeding compared to Richmond’s. One flag and they think the sun shines out of every yellow and black orifice in the world
To be fair, pretty much every team's supporters do this. I think there'll be a few arrogant Dees fans on the MB if we ever manage to snag a flag. Personally, I can't wait to hear about the return of our 50's dominance. ;)

No matter which way you put it to miss finals in 2018 would be a huge disaster, and you can’t sack 22 players.
If we lost Hogan, Gawn, Viney, Oliver, Lever, TMac and Hunt to season-ending injuries and subsequently missed...I would be less concerned.

To be fair, pretty much every team's supporters do this. I think there'll be a few arrogant Dees fans on the MB if we ever manage to snag a flag. Personally, I can't wait to hear about the return of our 50's dominance. ;)
Need a copy of the '64 paper declaring the resumption of normal service.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back