Are the Dees on the verge of something great? - will they make the top 4?

Culture problem at the demons?

• yes?

Votes: 83 40.9%
  • no?

Votes: 71 35.0%
  • Unprecedent?

Votes: 49 24.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course it is. Like I mentioned in another post, you reckon josh Kennedy and Jarrad McVeigh would have gone to Horse pre season and said “ah mate that camp looks a bit tough , think we’ll give it a miss”. The difference in mental strength was obvious for all to see from quarter time yesterday - another serious injury to Johnson was shattering enough , but then they lose nick smith from quarter time . 2 blokes down, trailing 3.8 to 1.1, and what happens? Swans find a way to kick the next 6 goals or whatever it was. And then find a way to hold off the late demon surge when the lack of rotations started to hurt . What must hurt most for the dees fans- it was so obvious from halfway thru the 2nd quarter what the result was going to be

You reckon it’s a bit of the tail wagging the dog? Too much player power at the dees?

W-L and percentage for MELB in 2018
0-7 74.8% v current top 9
12-1 174.8% v current bottom 9
Wow, damning stats.

Tail wags dog, pull out of training camp because at the previous one a brick fell out of his backpack and clonked Salem on the head. Well do up your backpack Salem!

If as a list you're going to pull out of the camp you have to then turn in a great season. Whilst the Vic centric media have been blowing smoke up their arse all year, this camp cancelling group has put in the biggest flat track bullying season ever. We had no right to win yesterday but proudly did, at the Dees home ground, in front of their long suffering supporters who mindlessly booed Buddy at every possession, moronic snow bunnies.

On the verge of something big?, not this year, maybe next year after a tough summer training camp, if they go on it!

My word, there is some bizarre commentary going on this season. David King was on Whateley's show this morning, insisting Melbourne are still the likely challenger to Richmond.

He said: "Their best is still as good as Richmond's."

I nearly fell of my chair. What season has he been watching?

Not sure how the camp was going to help us when we did it last year and still choked horribly.

Our leaders are amongst the worst in the afl when it comes to standing up in a big game like yesterday. Jones has been a warrior but has been pathetic when we’ve needed him to lift this year.

My word, there is some bizarre commentary going on this season. David King was on Whateley's show this morning, insisting Melbourne are still the likely challenger to Richmond.

Our best is nearly as good as Richmond’s. Shame it only comes out against no-hopers like Adelaide.

The pre season camp would’ve helped us kick straighter yesterday. They do a session where you pracfice goalkicking with electrodes attached to your nipples and someone screaming insults about your mother.

We are s**t

But this is revisionist crap. We’ve played 6 of last years top 8. Doubled up against 1st and 2nd from last years ladder and have yet to play 4th and 8th

You do realise they do the ladder based on last year, yeah? They can’t look at the future ladder in a crystal ball to construct the fixture
Maybe we didnt know how soft the dees draw was at the start of the year. But we do now.
And it has been ridiculously soft.

Maybe we didnt know how soft the dees draw was at the start of the year. But we do now.
And it has been ridiculously soft.
Has it? Seems you’re just s**t at discussion and have now changed your incorrect point to hyperbole.
How has our draw been “ridiculously soft” compared to say St Kilda?

Has it? Seems you’re just s**t at discussion and have now changed your incorrect point to hyperbole.
How has our draw been “ridiculously soft” compared to say St Kilda?
Why don’t we compare it to say Geelong.

Richmond twice ( Both away)
West Coast Away
GWS only none repeat home game against a top 8 team
Hawthorn twice ( Both away)
Collingwood Away
Sydney twice
Melbourne twice
Port Away

So that’s 12 games against the current top 8 and managed to go 6-6 which is fairly respectable. But for fairness sake let’s remove Melbourne because they can’t win against themselves so Geelong has gone 4-6 against the other 7 top 8 sides.

Now Melbourne

Richmond once home
Not played West Coast yet but once Away
Not played GWS yet but once home
Hawthorn once home
Collingwood once home
Sydney once home
Port once away

So at this stage you are 0-5 against the other 7 top 8 sides with 2 left to play.

So does that put it in better perspective for you, your fixture has been a ******* cakewalk and you’ve still almost ****ed it up.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ev...a/news-story/99b2a696a393638df534c0eab1245b92
Melbourne (12-8, 130.5% after Round 21) is given a 95 per cent chance of making the eight by Champion Data’s simulations of the rest of the season - they’re in fact the fifth-most likely side to make it, according to the numbers.

The Demons face West Coast (15-5, 123.4%) and GWS (13-6-1, 120.4%) in the final two rounds of the season, but won on average 13.5 matches in the simulations - suggesting they will win at least one of those games, with a solid shot of winning both

95% chance of making finals!?!? Personally I have them finishing 9th. Surely champion data are purposely trolling Dee's fans and just trying to get their hopes up

Why don’t we compare it to say Geelong.

Richmond twice ( Both away)
West Coast Away
GWS only none repeat home game against a top 8 team
Hawthorn twice ( Both away)
Collingwood Away
Sydney twice
Melbourne twice
Port Away

So that’s 12 games against the current top 8 and managed to go 6-6 which is fairly respectable. But for fairness sake let’s remove Melbourne because they can’t win against themselves so Geelong has gone 4-6 against the other 7 top 8 sides.

Now Melbourne

Richmond once home
Not played West Coast yet but once Away
Not played GWS yet but once home
Hawthorn once home
Collingwood once home
Sydney once home
Port once away

So at this stage you are 0-5 against the other 7 top 8 sides with 2 left to play.

So does that put it in better perspective for you, your fixture has been a ******* cakewalk and you’ve still almost ****** it up.
Well someone’s pissy.

I’m shocked that the team that Finished second got a harder draw than 9th.

Although you’re just being disingenuous You didn’t play hawthorn both away. You play home games at the G. Suck it up. You can’t claim the G as an away game, then disingenuously claim that Melbourne were advantaged by playing richmond, hawthorn and Collingwood there

And we both play GWS at home. Not sure why You mention that...your list is one of the most disingenuous things I’ve seen here.

12 games against the current top 8 would be pretty close to what the fixture aims to give a top 6 side by the way ;)

I shouldn’t be surprised since you obviously haven’t read the preceding discussion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats dees. I didn't agree with some of the calls in today's game, but it's fantastic to see you's play finals once more.

Good stuff.

Congrats dees. I didn't agree with some of the calls in today's game, but it's fantastic to see you's play finals once more.

Good stuff.
There were plenty of calls that were terrible for both clubs today. No one could suggest umpiring was the cause of us winning or losing.

See anything that takes your fancy today?

Our best is very good.

So how come you haven't beaten anyone of note until today? Even then, that was a WC side without either if its key forwards and you made hard work of it. Do you really think it's the time to claim vindication?
Avoiding his question?

Why would I avoid it? Melbourne played well today against an undermanned WC outfit. Does that negate all the legitimate questions stemming from their record against other contenders? One win doesn't correct that record.

What point would you like to make?
He just asked if anything took your fancy, I'll take it as nothing did.

He mentioned nothing of our record against other contenders, which has been disappointing.

He just asked if anything took your fancy, I'll take it as nothing did.

He mentioned nothing of our record against other contenders, which has been disappointing.
He responded to a post of mine about your record against other contenders. Has anything I said previously been refuted? If not, what are you yapping about?

You finally beat a decent team. And you'll play finals for the first time 12 years. Everyone should bow down.

Why would I avoid it? Melbourne played well today against an undermanned WC outfit. Does that negate all the legitimate questions stemming from their record against other contenders? One win doesn't correct that record.

What point would you like to make?
Don’t play the injury card. We to were missing our best forward, defender and midfielder. Darling got hurt in the game, s**t happens. Pig was off whilst you guys made a run.

Yes we’ve struggled to close out close games, but we controlled supposedly the second best team on their home deck today.

Don’t play the injury card. We to were missing our best forward, defender and midfielder. Darling got hurt in the game, s**t happens. Pig was off whilst you guys made a run.

Yes we’ve struggled to close out close games, but we controlled supposedly the second best team on their home deck today.
What's your record against the other top 8 sides?

Is it one and plenty?

And you're here to brag about the one?

Back