Are the Dees on the verge of something great? - will they make the top 4?

Culture problem at the demons?

• yes?

Votes: 83 40.9%
  • no?

Votes: 71 35.0%
  • Unprecedent?

Votes: 49 24.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Dees are playing a solid brand of footy, but in reality we're a developing side in competition littered with good ordinary sides.

It's hard to remember so many average top 8 sides over the last 2 years. Which is why any team that finishes top 8 has a chance.

Dees are playing a solid brand of footy, but in reality we're a developing side in competition littered with good ordinary sides.

It's hard to remember so many average top 8 sides over the last 2 years. Which is why any team that finishes top 8 has a chance.
Its not that they are average sides but that everyone chooses to compete and will travel to do it...

the dees are growing in numbers and are choosing to right the wrongs of the past.. get on it and keep going...

Really admirer how they've restructured they club from the top to bottom. Getting Paul Roo's was excellent, brought resilience and steal to the team, excellent recruiting in the draft, really done well with the midfeild talent they've got. Just need to recruit another power forward to help Hogan. Think they'll just miss out on the top 4 but probably finish 5-6 get a home final. The next 2-3 years is when will see this team really motor.

It doesn't even stop at 8. There's a 3 win difference between 4th and 16th on the ladder at the moment.

They have a fantastic young side, will be top 4 contenders for a number of years. Flags are bloody hard to win though, you only have to look at the St.Kilda side from a few years ago, they were a great side but couldn't get the job done on the big day.

They have a fantastic young side, will be top 4 contenders for a number of years. Flags are bloody hard to win though, you only have to look at the St.Kilda side from a few years ago, they were a great side but couldn't get the job done on the big day.
now someone like you I would draft as a potential dropkick but you make some sense and well the blue and red hyperbole need to give a lift.

so this I bequeath to them all that they ned to grow up and grab the nettle and say that
I can win the flag.... my dog even says it to me every day so tell me to shut the fm... up shut.. erm backwards and not telling any lies...

grapple it and tell me to swim another ocean... o_O

now someone like you I would draft as a potential dropkick but you make some sense and well the blue and red hyperbole need to give a lift.

so this I bequeath to them all that they ned to grow up and grab the nettle and say that
I can win the flag.... my dog even says it to me every day so tell me to shut the fm... up shut.. erm backwards and not telling any lies...

grapple it and tell me to swim another ocean... o_O
:drunk:?:D:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey hey well confront me and tell me I am rocking and rolling and getting it all wrong.

cos I am bewildered with the dees. crashing no party tonight. but they try and they will terminate the man and not the person.

Bit of a reality check tonight. Sydney smashed them. Players out for sure but i'm not sure they would have made a difference tonight. Hopefully the likes of Bugg and Oliver pull their heads in and let their football do their talking in the future instead of being smart arses on social media.

Turns out when you lose your captain, your co-captain at HT, your full forward, your best two users of the footy and your #1 goalkicker you will struggle. Who knew?

Every time somebody talks up Melbourne, or they are in a game they are expected to win, they choke big time.

They've entered favourites in 7 matches this season. They have lost 4, and the three they won, they barely snuck home v. Carlton, and were a mile down v. Collingwood and Gold Coast before stealing the games back late. Two matches they entered even, v. St. Kilda, and Essendon, both who were talked up beforehand. Two big wins when everyone thought the other team was going to make a statement.
The games they've entered outsiders: Geelong, Adelaide, Bulldogs, Eagles, they won all bar the Geelong game, and if not for injuries and poor kicking, could well have won that.
This week, people talk up Melboune as one of the top two premiership contenders, a chance for Melbourne to put themselves in the top four, and bang, they fall in a heap.

Melbourne never preform when they are expected to.

Hogan, Watts, Garlett, Jones, Salem, Viney all injured. Gawn clearly half fit.

Coming off four games in 18 games.

What were people honestly expecting?

McDonald to kick another bag? Oliver, Neal-Bullen and Tyson to win the clearances against Kennedy, Hanneberry and Parker? Elite run off half back from Wagner and White? OMac and Frost to keep Buddy and Reid goalless?

Bit of a reality check tonight. Sydney smashed them. Players out for sure but i'm not sure they would have made a difference tonight. Hopefully the likes of Bugg and Oliver pull their heads in and let their football do their talking in the future instead of being smart arses on social media.

I'd hazard a guess we would have gone significantly closer to the Swans if we weren't missing 4 of our best 10 players + 1 best 18 player in Salem. We had our three best users of the ball out tonight (Watts/Salem/Jones), was always going to be hard against a Swans side who pressure really well.

Fundamentally a spineless club. Could learn a thing or two from Damian Martyn but I doubt they will.

Do you ever post anything of substance or just take potshots on the main board?

Every time somebody talks up Melbourne, or they are in a game they are expected to win, they choke big time.

They've entered favourites in 7 matches this season. They have lost 4, and the three they won, they barely snuck home v. Carlton, and were a mile down v. Collingwood and Gold Coast before stealing the games back late. Two matches they entered even, v. St. Kilda, and Essendon, both who were talked up beforehand. Two big wins when everyone thought the other team was going to make a statement.
The games they've entered outsiders: Geelong, Adelaide, Bulldogs, Eagles, they won all bar the Geelong game, and if not for injuries and poor kicking, could well have won that.
This week, people talk up Melboune as one of the top two premiership contenders, a chance for Melbourne to put themselves in the top four, and bang, they fall in a heap.

Melbourne never preform when they are expected to.

People expected us to win tonight with our injury list against a very good side? How highly do you rate our 2nd and 3rd tier players?

If we lose to Carlton next week I'll cop anything that comes our way about not performing, but geez people are enjoying laying the boot in with factually incorrect bullshit.

Back