Are the Eagles in trouble for this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope they did it then, are doing it now, and train as a group of 40 next week once WA lifts the restrictions further. Full uniform, live stream it for the world to see.

Bring it on AFL, crying poor in one breath but in the next wanting to go toe to toe with the financial might of the West Coast Eagles. Don’t get pissy your state doesn’t know how to deal with a pandemic.

Last edited:
Hope they did it then, are doing it now, and train as a group of 40 next week once WA lifts the restrictions further. Full uniform, live stream it for the world to see.

Bring it on AFL, crying poor in one breath but in the next wanting to go toe to toe with the financial might of the West Coast Eagles. Don’t get pissy your state doesn’t know how to deal with a pandemic.
Exactly. They should throw down the gauntlet and tell Gil and hocking that they should come over here and do something about it if they dont like it.

In reality, I suspect they are doing all sorts of things quietly behind closed doors. I saw something on thewest about 10 of them training in pairs on a running track last week. Didn't breach any rules as they were just in pairs....

Exactly. They should throw down the gauntlet and tell Gil and hocking that they should come over here and do something about it if they dont like it.

In reality, I suspect they are doing all sorts of things quietly behind closed doors. I saw something on thewest about 10 of them training in pairs on a running track last week. Didn't breach any rules as they were just in pairs....

After training can they all come together as a group and not breach the training rules?

Either way the AFL has pickled this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The big difference is our players were not meant to be in self quarantine so it isn't a health hazard to the public.

Not only the fact that they were abiding by the law, they were also abiding by the rules set by the AFL as they best understood them. It was then clarified (or changed - I don't think anyone was sure how clear the 'training in pairs only' rule was to begin with) and WC haven't done it since that ruling (to our knowledge!).

Clubs will always push the boundaries into grey areas - it becomes an issue once it is outlawed and then clubs continue to do the 'wrong thing'.

Eagles don't break rule, rule is changed, Eagles don't break new rule, AFL lets Vic's train as an entire club.

But yeah go on, get the guillotine out for Oscar. I'll wait for Tom Browne's take before I decide whether or not we should just lynch Allen in the street.

Tom Browne

@TomBrowne7

·
May 11

Allen peak silly? If the Eagles trained in group’s of 10 post warning, they are arguably more guilty than Adelaide. Tricky one, with Commission currently reviewing proposed sanction for the crows

Wow wee

Not even close to the same.

1 team broke the law the other did what was aloud to the letter of the law.

Tom Browne
@TomBrowne7

·
May 11

Allen peak silly? If the Eagles trained in group’s of 10 post warning, they are arguably more guilty than Adelaide. Tricky one, with Commission currently reviewing proposed sanction for the crows

Wow wee

Not even close to the same.

1 team broke the law the other did what was aloud to the letter of the law.
Or maybe the non-Victorian teams could tell the AFL to shove it.

It's a moot point anyway, as the interview with Allen was pre-recorded. Vics can now train in groups of 10, so off we go.

Eagles don't break rule, rule is changed, Eagles don't break new rule, AFL lets Vic's train as an entire club.

But yeah go on, get the guillotine out for Oscar. I'll wait for Tom Browne's take before I decide whether or not we should just lynch Allen in the street.
Oh now you’ve done it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back