Are the Eagles still the biggest flat track bullies?

Who are the biggest flat track bullies going around right now?

• Eagles (since 2013)

Votes: 418 71.6%
  • Magpies (since 2014)

Votes: 32 5.5%
  • Power (since 2015)

Votes: 124 21.2%
  • Bulldogs (since 2015)

Votes: 53 9.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Did Kennedy win one during his first 5 seasons? compare Kennedy to Hogan at the same age Hogan is now Hogan is far superior
What about at age 3? Who had developed more at that stage? Important stuff, really.

i for one thought port were dangerous this year. looks like i was wrong.
wce win over port looked impressive last week, but looking back, not so much
eagles looked a shadow of their early season form against the dees.
so, are they done, out in straight sets or do they have a real shot at the flag?
are they coming off a hard training block in readiness for finals?
are they experimenting with structures to cover their injuries/suspensions?

Not cooked but like a few teams they have injiry issues.

On a scale of 1-10 the problems are

Nic - 8-9 - not so much his ruck ability but our very best contested mid
JK - 7-8 no preseason and has a broken leg - is out leave darling one out and he is a third tall at best. If JD is triple teamed or concussed this leaves us with a kids forward line and no target
Gaff - 5- missed but not a game changer

Got very lucky v port. Without the injuries they suffered, port were cruising to a comfortable win in that game. Weagles will hold into 2nd by virtue of that win. Optus stadium obviously an advantage, but they are very vulnerable. No nic nat and gaff in the midfield, and kennedy won't have played for weeks if in fact he gets up for 1st final which is probably 50/50 at moment. Even darling, who is unlikely to get up this week v lions, effectively won't have played a game for 4 weeks when he lines up in week 1 of finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so, are they done, out in straight sets or do they have a real shot at the flag?
It's likely neither of those things.

If we get Kennedy and Darling back for finals I'm confident we can get to a prelim at least. Beyond that I think when we lost NN our season was in big trouble.

I think fully fit, with the way we were playing mid year we were the best team in the comp. But it's a marathon not a sprint for a reason and a healthy list is critical at this time of year.

Games with Kennedy+Darling: 10-0
Games with one out: 4-3
Games with both out: 1-3

Yesterday we lost Darling early and well the results were there to be seen.

Games with Kennedy+Darling: 10-0
Games with one out: 4-3
Games with both out: 1-3

Yesterday we lost Darling early and well the results were there to be seen.
So Darling was only a concussion right? He'll be a definite.

When's Kennedy expected back?

They do kind of remind me of Freo in 2015. An old side who started the season strongly limping towards the finishing line, but with a good enough win-loss record to earn two home finals.

Major difference being that they're playing much better football than we did at the end of that year.

Other than maybe GWS have the worst luck in that only their best players are not playing constantly.

Collingwood may have a lot of injuries but majority of them to bottom 5-10 players in the team.

If finish top 2 and don't get any more injuries should make the grand final. Match up well against Richmond as well. Hawthorn and Sydney would be harder to beat than Richmond in the grand final for WC

Sheed, Lycett and Vardy need to have near career-best form over the next 6 weeks to pick up the slack left by the missing Nic Nat, Gaff and Kennedy.

Really though, Kennedy and Darling need to play all their finals together to be a chance, you'd imagine. So definitely not cooked, but need a bit to go right from here.

No, I didn’t rate them as a premiership threat, but they have been pretty good considering injuries, think they are a massive chance if they stay second especially, would make the grand final from there more than likely

Taking all in to consideration, they are still a worry, along with Collingwood they have kept on keeping on.

Back