HugeJohnson

Just hanging out
Apr 25, 2009
Some point in space and time
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Hey folks, sorry for intruding here, I wanted to post this to the Main Board but I have insufficient privileges.

Was watching the game on Friday night with my mum, dad, uncle Philip and Aunty Sarah and after the game we went to uncle Philip and Aunty Sarahs house for a post-match debrief (and my mum and dad had a cheeky glass of wine - I think it was a 2017 nebbiolo - with Uncle Philip and Aunty Sarah and I had a can of Fanta from their fridge in the shed because I didn't feel like having a wine) and we got around to discussing the inaccuracy of my Port Adelaide team in front of goal. We ended up discussing whether it might be in the best interests of the AFL to maybe extend the width of the goal posts to make it a little bit easier for the players to kick a goal.

My mum, dad and I were all getting really frustrated during the game watching Port Adelaide players missing the goals and kicking a lot of points and we wondered if the goals were a little bit bigger we might have gotten to see a few more goals being kicked. I think the AFL want to see some goals being kicked and it would be good for the game to see some more high scores and if for example on Friday the goals were a bit wider maybe Georgiadesy (that's just the nickname my family gave him after his first game against the Suns last year, its a little bit silly but all in good fun :sweatsmile:) and even Tom Lynchy from the Richmond Tigers could have kicked more goals than one each, and how good is it to see big forwards kicking goals?

It doesn't even have to be that much we don't reckon, we said maybe just even extend it by one metre on either side and even that might help a lot. Think of how many times you see players kick the ball in to the posts, if the goals were one metre bigger on either side (that means two metres bigger in total for those of you playing at home!) those posters would all be goals and we'd have a higher scoring game.
Aunty Sarah is a big Richmond Tigers supporter so she was a bit apprehensive about it because she said if the goals were bigger tonight, us blokes (meaning my mum, dad and I) would have been a lot more relaxed at the end because we'd probably be winning by heaps of goals because our team kicked so many points. (And my mum isn't actually a bloke but I pulled Aunty Sarah up on that and she apologised)
We were all so nervous in the last quarter, my dad and I both needed to go to the toilet about halfway through but we couldn't leave our seats because the game was so in the balance and we didn't want to miss a thing. We ate quite a bit of cheese at half-time too and my dad is lactose intolerant so safe to say he was having a bit of a tough time of it! But he stuck through with me till the end and we got the win so it was really good.

Anyway, what do you guys think about our idea to make the goals a bit bigger?

Bigger posts don't make better kicks. Players do some really good stuff these days but basic football skills aren't one of them

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back