Redbacks No More - SACA spuds are back

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Really in the last 20 odd years they have provided absolutely nothing to the state outside some good 20/20 cricket even then all they could muster was 2nd of 6.

When do we get to the point where we just pull up stumps and join the PNG cricket league?

*this thread is dedicated to the 55 we scored against Tasmania in our first innings today - well done guys :thumbsu:

I know that teams can be poor but literally some of the performances we've witnessed as a state from our cricket team are unacceptable. How many other states have been continually bungled out for less than 100 runs. Even when we crack the ton we're usually 6 or 7 down at that stage. Inept is being generous.

I'm not sure there'll ever be a quality Redbacks side again. Even if there is, we'll miraculously snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

We obviously are not producing the players at club level and/or maybe the coaches. Maybe we should invest in that and when we do produce something of note do we THEN invest in a stadium they might be proud of, but did do its job anyway!.

we are going alright now. But yes they are pretty ordinary

The Tasmania game has just been a microcosm of the typical Redback season - flatter to deceive early, then absolute rubbish that ends any genuine chance, a bit of a solid fightback making things look a little square towards the end, but ultimately yet another inevitable and straightforward defeat.

images

yup

Just because they pulled an unlikely win out of their a$$, doesnt make them any less embarassing in my book. Take P George out of that side and our attack is district standard.

SACA ran a workshop with Les Burdett at Adelaide Oval 2 summers ago for groundsmen around the Adelaide area to teach them better wicket preparation practices, as one of the problems they identified was the large difference in wicket quality between grade-level pitches and state level. They wanted to minimise that gap in pitch quality so the up-and-comers can experience a fast deck during their development stages. They felt that young players haven't been well prepared enough to take the next step up when they got to state level. Sure, this isn't the only factor, it's only one problem that they identified and tried to address.

The fact we made 400 in the scond innings only shows up how bad the 55 was. We have terrbile now for a decade. The grade comp us useless and our side is full of rejects from other States.

At least George is homegrown.

What has happened to Harris and Klinger this year, they have been terrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so wait - you're complaining, about the redbacks performance, in a game they won?

****, you're hard to please

(shoosh, im being a prick, I am full aware that this thread was made before we pulled off that huge miracle)

Mate, I have seen it too many times. 55 is just unacceptable but now they will think everything is fine as we have another season of mediocrity with s**t loads of rejects from other States.

a win is unacceptable?

what do you expect?
us to win by an innings and 100 runs every match?

erm no. 55 is the third lowest total in our history. We then made 400 plus on the same pitch. You can either see it as a good recovery of a shameful initial capitulation or both.

You ahve to see it in the context of where we are as a team and what we ahve done in recent years.

s**t a win was good, but lets not lose sight of the bigger picture.

Cricket is a funny game. Tas won the toss and we bowled them out on the first day for 251, Tas would have been disappointed with that and we would have felt we were on top at that point, SA won that quarter of the match. Tas bundled us out for 55, they win that quarter, we hit 416, we win the 3rd quarter, we then bowl them out for 177, we win the 4th quarter. So really we were on top for 3/4 innings, of course we should win!:D

How is Tim Lang being selected ahead of Gary Putland?? Putland took 5/90 in the last shield game, just crazy selections. Manou at 6? He has been in good form of late but i'm sorry he is not that great of a gun and the rest of the batting line-up isn't that great that we can afford to bat him at 6.

One thing to take from this match is the wallpapering Dan Christian did, he is a slogger, a one off innings of 90 off 60 is not the answer long term, we need batsman who can survive and score, it seems our batsmen do just one or the other.

Mate, I have seen it too many times. 55 is just unacceptable but now they will think everything is fine as we have another season of mediocrity with s**t loads of rejects from other States.

blizzard, klinger, christian, o'brien, duval, cassell, cooper. it could be worse had we not recruited. england did it, but they were successful in doing so...

Cricket is a funny game. Tas won the toss and we bowled them out on the first day for 251, Tas would have been disappointed with that and we would have felt we were on top at that point, SA won that quarter of the match. Tas bundled us out for 55, they win that quarter, we hit 416, we win the 3rd quarter, we then bowl them out for 177, we win the 4th quarter. So really we were on top for 3/4 innings, of course we should win!:D

How is Tim Lang being selected ahead of Gary Putland?? Putland took 5/90 in the last shield game, just crazy selections. Manou at 6? He has been in good form of late but i'm sorry he is not that great of a gun and the rest of the batting line-up isn't that great that we can afford to bat him at 6.

One thing to take from this match is the wallpapering Dan Christian did, he is a slogger, a one off innings of 90 off 60 is not the answer long term, we need batsman who can survive and score, it seems our batsmen do just one or the other.

Thats slow by my standards! the opposition will be shitting themselves every time he winds up. can change games in 20 minutes. that, and he is a very handy bowler.

not a long term option, i agree, but he is capable of doing the job. We really need a bloke who can stop the collapse...

How do you clean egg of your face? They deserve to play at Wembley after that fight back

Another great win by the boys today against the Vics. Unbelievable performance by Dan Chirstian. 6 wickets and 86 runs :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back