Are there any vegetarian or vegan footballers?

Remove this Banner Ad

I know there's vegan NFL players, seen vegetarian bodybuilders and I'm sure plenty of athletes around the world consume a plant-based diet, but I've never actually heard of any vegetarian or vegan footballers.

Does anyone know of any?

Seems right down Brett Kirk's alley. I could see Brodie Grundy being partial to the odd quinoa, kale and pomegranate salad. Probably with some alkalised water to wash it down.
Stefan Martin is a vegan

Also wasn’t Sam Kekovich a vegan?
Lamb ads?

So are Carrots, Kale, Rye Bread, Chickpeas, olive oil, Garlic, Red wine, Peanuts and a lot of grains

Your point?

The poster you were responding to didn’t say anything sexist, just that soy milk is high in estrogen. (Which isn’t completely correct, it’s a slightly different chemical)

Bit of an OTT reaction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That one doesn't surprise me too much.

Wonder how they do it? Double the eggs, double the shakes and then do stuff like lentil Bolognese I guess. I suppose AFL players aren't seriously huge units, and mostly subsist on complex carbs anyway.
Shitload of beans, Eggs, spinich. Vegeterians tend to eat better and healthier, and plus when your on at least 100k Per season, turn up to a workplace to eat breakfast, lunch, snacks with a dietition about 4 days a week it becomes a bit easier

Any player not able to perform at 100% because of dietary preference or belief would not start in my team.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It's a non issue

Mate is a vegan arm wrestler, and there is a whole bunch of vegan body builders

Plenty of plant based sources of protein and iron. You can get vegan protein powers too now, they are just a bit more pricey than the whey

And no honey. And nothing made with gelatin. And no drinks fined with isinglass, which is most wine and many beers.
Not that many beers.. a lot of brewers have changed techniques last decade or so. Wine yes but its still easy to find one with no fish/egg product in it that isn't garbage.

I would love to know how much food Ben Brown has to eat and what his diet is.

Why did the vegan cross the road??

To tell everyone they're a vegan.
I'm a meat eater myself, but I do take the point that a vego friend makes: that nobody has quite as many opinions on another person's diet as a meat-eater who has been recently introduced to a vegetarian.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back