Are there any vegetarian or vegan footballers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I know there's vegan NFL players, seen vegetarian bodybuilders and I'm sure plenty of athletes around the world consume a plant-based diet, but I've never actually heard of any vegetarian or vegan footballers.

Does anyone know of any?

Seems right down Brett Kirk's alley. I could see Brodie Grundy being partial to the odd quinoa, kale and pomegranate salad. Probably with some alkalised water to wash it down.

Last edited:
I know there's vegan NFL players, seen vegetarian bodybuilders and I'm sure plenty of athletes around the world consume a plant-based diet, but I've never actually heard of any vegetarian or vegan footballers.

Does anyone know I've any?

Seems right down Brett Kirk's alley. I could see Brodie Grundy being partial to the odd quinoa, kale and pomegranate salad. Probably with some alkalised water to wash it down.
Ben Brown

Why did the vegan cross the road??

To tell everyone they're a vegan.
What would be the advertising budget of the meat industry compared to those associated with veganism?...Vegans don't have the backing of big industry that's why they feel the need to be more vocal .I'm not a vegan but I know those who are and know how the mainstream media directs the agenda.

Any player not able to perform at 100% because of dietary preference or belief would not start in my team.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Any player not able to perform at 100% because of dietary preference or belief would not start in my team.

Please tell me u did a 5 second Google search on famous vegan sportspeople before that post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Max Gawn is the best ruckman in the league and vegetarian. If his vegetarianism is a recent thing that almost provides evidence to the contrary.

As long as he’s getting enough protein, which is very easy to do, I couldn’t see it being an issue.

joe daniher is vego, maybe vegan. ben brown the same, one of the other north dudes is as well though i can't put a name to his face.

Exactly, Ild want every player in my team to cut out red meat to get 100% out of their diet as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back