Are there any vegetarian or vegan footballers?

Remove this Banner Ad

It usually hard not to bring up veganism as it really affects meal choice. Vegetarian is pretty simple to cater for.

Yeah we know. It comes up at breakfast, lunch and dinner. In fact, everywhere a vegan goes, everyone needs to hear about it.

Vegetarians, especially new ones are the same.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rubbish.
If vegans want to partake in their particular lifestyle good for them, but they need to stop sprouting this absolute bullshit.
Sorry (not sorry) to get preachy, but processed meats (Bacon, salami etc) are on the same list of carcinogens as Plutonium, Asbestos and Tobacco. Red meat is listed a probable or likely carcinogen.
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...CxAF&usg=AOvVaw3lRD_QWFF9FkjF21WqumrL&ampcf=1
The leading killer of men world wide is heart disease with the main cause being high cholesterol consumption. Cholesterol is only consumed by eating animal based proteins. An exclusively plant based diet contains no cholesterol. I'll let you join the dots.
http://www.idph.state.il.us/menshealth/healththreats.htm
For a bit of fun, the world's strongest man eats only a plant based diet.
http://www.greatveganathletes.com/patrik-baboumian-vegan-strongman
These links aren't 'bullshit' leftwing vegan websites sprouting crazy ideas. They're cold hard facts. Eating meat in the quantities that the western world does extraordinarily bad for you. Any amount of meat/animal protein is completely unnecessary for a healthy diet.
Very small amounts of meat have been consumed by humans for 1000's of years. But nothing in volume compared to what the Western world consumes meat today. Why? Refrigeration. That steps into the impact that meat consumption has on the environment.
The plant based food industry is booming and meat consumption will likely go the way of tobacco consumption.
If you're interested in the effects of dairy on osteoporosis (hint: dairy causes osteoporosis ) Im happy to share the info with you.
And yes, I am.

seriously if you want to eat nothing but mcdonalds and bacon then that's your prerogative, I just don't see why 95% of the non-vegan population has to act like they're on some kind of crusade

we don't though, most people don't really give a s**t if you want to go plant-based

Sorry (not sorry) to get preachy, but processed meats (Bacon, salami etc) are on the same list of carcinogens as Plutonium, Asbestos and Tobacco. Red meat is listed a probable or likely carcinogen.
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...CxAF&usg=AOvVaw3lRD_QWFF9FkjF21WqumrL&ampcf=1
The leading killer of men world wide is heart disease with the main cause being high cholesterol consumption. Cholesterol is only consumed by eating animal based proteins. An exclusively plant based diet contains no cholesterol. I'll let you join the dots.
These links aren't 'bullshit' leftwing vegan websites sprouting crazy ideas. They're cold hard facts. Eating meat in the quantities that the western world does extraordinarily bad for you. Any amount of meat/animal protein is completely unnecessary for a healthy diet.
Very small amounts of meat have been consumed by humans for 1000's of years. But nothing in volume compared to what the Western world consumes meat today. Why? Refrigeration. That steps into the impact that meat consumption has on the environment.
The plant based food industry is booming and meat consumption will likely go the way of tobacco consumption.
If you're interested in the effects of dairy on osteoporosis (hint: dairy causes osteoporosis ) Im happy to share the info with you.
And yes, I am.

for *s sake, this is what happens when our public education system doesn't properly teach statistics, you get deluded guys like this who think that "meat consumption will go the way of tobacco consumption".

No Bicco, red meat is not as carcinogenic as Asbestos :huh:. Eating meat in large quantities is bad for you, but that wasn't the point of the post, was it? the point was how preachy you guys get, and all you've done in your long winded rant is prove him correct.

4a4.gif

for ****s sake, this is what happens when our public education system doesn't properly teach statistics, you get deluded guys like this who think that "meat consumption will go the way of tobacco consumption".

No Bicco, red meat is not as carcinogenic as Asbestos :huh:. Eating meat in large quantities is bad for you, but that wasn't the point of the post, was it? the point was how preachy you guys get, and all you've done in your long winded rant is prove him correct.

4a4.gif
Ive posted once. Twice now in this thread. Shall I count yours and see who has been the most preachy? And can your private school education enlighten me on what statistics have got to do with my statement on meat consumption being far less in the future? And perhaps your superior education can explain why processed meat is on the same list of known carcinogens as asbestos as written by the American Cancer society if it is indeed not a known carcinogen? Is the ACS wrong or are you?

And yes, I am.
Imagine going to restaurant with this campaigner lol

"Think I'll have the rib eye with wedges, a side of onion rings with diane sauce on my steak"

"Here are some links dude, you do realise you are eating the equivalent of asbestos, plutonium and tobacco?"

"Mate, I'm here to enjoy a meal out"

"But you are killing yourself and tbh I dont like sitting at the table as I feel I'm passively meat eating"

"* off dickhead. One more word and I'll tip you over"

Ive posted once. Twice now in this thread. Shall I count yours and see who has been the most preachy? And can your private school education enlighten me on what statistics have got to do with my statement on meat consumption being far less in the future? And perhaps your superior education can explain why processed meat is on the same list of known carcinogens as asbestos as written by the American Cancer society if it is indeed not a known carcinogen? Is the ACS wrong or are you?

Number of posts isn't preaching mate, its your tone and overall content. You feel the need to scream at people who dare to have a different lifestyle than you.

Do you honestly believe red meat is as statistically likely to cause cancer as asbestos? I struggle to believe you genuinely believe that, if you were engaging in hyperbole it's fine. The reason is because you can't simply group everything into 5 categories of probability, that's just not how math works..... I don't really have time to teach you basic statistics, but I've looked at the reports on the carcinogenic effects of red meat and processed meat when they were released, and I can assure you that they are not as carcinogenic as asbestos or a heavy smoking habit. That is just patently false. The report showed that extremely high intake of those particular meats, well above the recommended amount, showed a moderate increase in the probability of cancer in participants compared to those with lower levels of red meat/processed meat intake. The report did not compare red meat/processed meat intake to asbestos or cancer.

This only adds to the assumption that you are preachy, you are talking far more from ideology than you are from facts or genuine knowledge.

Using your logic a beer is as carcinogenic as inhaling diesel exhaust or smoking, because they're all listed in the same category. Do you really believe this is how cancer probabilities are calculated and contrasted?

Imagine going to restaurant with this campaigner lol

"Think I'll have the rib eye with wedges, a side of onion rings with diane sauce on my steak"

"Here are some links dude, you do realise you are eating the equivalent of asbestos, plutonium and tobacco?"

"Mate, I'm here to enjoy a meal out"

"But you are killing yourself and tbh I dont like sitting at the table as I feel I'm passively meat eating"

"**** off dickhead. One more word and I'll tip you over"

I go to restaurants all the time with colleagues including steak houses. I live in Hobart and Rockwall is brilliant if you're interested. I'll order a curry or whatever, we have a chat about why I eat a plant based diet (Its mainly health, but environmental and animal welfare are also very good reasons) and then we eat, talk footy etc. The reason I posted is because there's a lot of opinions out there so I thought Id throw in some facts. Im neither a campaigner nor a dickhead, so maybe you could save the abuse for the Bay?

I go to restaurants all the time with colleagues including steak houses. I live in Hobart and Rockwall is brilliant if you're interested. I'll order a curry or whatever, we have a chat about why I eat a plant based diet (Its mainly health, but environmental and animal welfare are also very good reasons) and then we eat, talk footy etc. The reason I posted is because there's a lot of opinions out there so I thought Id throw in some facts. Im neither a campaigner nor a dickhead, so maybe you could save the abuse for the Bay?
Not really abuse is it? It was a comedic attempt at a possible reality.

What makes you think the omnivore is interested in why you're a vegan?

He isnt. He just wants a feed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Number of posts isn't preaching mate, its your tone and overall content. You feel the need to scream at people who dare to have a different lifestyle than you.

Do you honestly believe red meat is as statistically likely to cause cancer as asbestos? I struggle to believe you genuinely believe that, if you were engaging in hyperbole it's fine. The reason is because you can't simply group everything into 5 categories of probability, that's just not how math works..... I don't really have time to teach you basic statistics, but I've looked at the reports on the carcinogenic effects of red meat and processed meat when they were released, and I can assure you that they are not as carcinogenic as asbestos or a heavy smoking habit. That is just patently false. The report showed that extremely high intake of those particular meats, well above the recommended amount, showed a moderate increase in the probability of cancer in participants compared to those with lower levels of red meat/processed meat intake. The report did not compare red meat/processed meat intake to asbestos or cancer.

This only adds to the assumption that you are preachy, you are talking far more from ideology than you are from facts or genuine knowledge.
My tone? I just posted some links. I quoted a post of yours that used the word 'bullshit'. My tone is fine.
On the stats. You are correct in part. I don't know the exposure to asbestos to cancer ratio i.e. the likelihood of getting cancer.
But I can easily find a statistic that 25% of deaths (higher for men) in the US are contributed to heart disease, the cause I stated above.
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/amp/282929
However doesn't it concern you/strike you as odd that as a society we are actively warned not to have any contact with cancer causing agents such as tobacco or asbestos yet we are overwhelmingly encouraged to eat something that we know will lead (or strongly contribute) to causing heart disease? Our biggest killer? I agree that if asbestos was actively foreced on us as a society then that would likely be the biggest killer. But it's not. We're told not to go near it. The comparison to asbestos is trivial. The one in 4 thing concerns me personally so I choose a plant based diet. The articles I've posted support/explain my decision. It shouldn't simply be written off as 'bullshit' because you don't agree. I find it interesting that many people who consume meat get so aggressive when confronted with facts that oppose their views.

I've always loved that moment at restaurants when you have that 1 clown that pipes up with "well, I'm a vegetarian
What an amazing story, thanks for sharing!

So glad you're in this thread!
we don't though, most people don't really give a s**t if you want to go plant-based
Yeah I know mate, that's why I don't go into threads about eating meat and tell people about how great tofu is.

"HURRRR DURRRRR HOW YOU KNOW A VEGAN DOESNT EAT MEAT BECAUSE THEY TELL YOU ABOUT IT LOL GET IT BECAUSE VEGANS ONLY TALK ABOUT VEGAN DERPDERPDERPDERPDERP"

Yet look at all the people in a thread about plant based diets crapping on about how good meat is.

"Yeah but evolutionary biology1!!!!1!"

WTF?

Last edited:
Red meat causes cancer was epidemiology and relied heavily on FFQ (food frequency questioners) and the strange part, well not that strange, the 800 studies (from the original Lancet findings) have yet to be released to scientists, journalists or the public. Its normal procedure for a finding like this to be released a week early for it to be studied before the embargo is lifted. This hasn't. Its as dodgy as a man made vegan lamb chop.

Last edited:
Not AFL, but read the other day Aussie Ryan Broekhoff, who got signed by the Dallas Mavericks recently, has been vegan for a year or two. Reckons being vegan is partly was lead to his great form and earning an NBA contract.

Tbh was pretty surprised to hear of an elite athlete like that being vegan.

Not AFL, but read the other day Aussie Ryan Broekhoff, who got signed by the Dallas Mavericks recently, has been vegan for a year or two. Reckons being vegan is partly was lead to his great form and earning an NBA contract.

Tbh was pretty surprised to hear of an elite athlete like that being vegan.
For a sport where weight and inflammation are the two worst things to do to your body it makes sense,

Irving/Lillard/Oladipo/Gasol/Kanter all vegans. Impressive if you ignore the last name.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back