Are there any vegetarian or vegan footballers?

Remove this Banner Ad

you're still triggered about it? do you want me to edit my post?
Mate you've posted in this thread over 20 already and you're not even a vego. Clearly if anyone's triggered it's you!

And it's not like you're s**t-posting either, they're bloody essays. Get a life!

Mate you've posted in this thread over 20 already and you're not even a vego. Clearly if anyone's triggered it's you!

And it's not like you're s**t-posting either, they're bloody essays. Get a life!

it's an interesting discussion, is this a vegan only thread? i didn't read the terms and conditions clearly enough

why are you so angry?

Eating meat in the quantities that the western world does extraordinarily bad for you. Any amount of meat/animal protein is completely unnecessary for a healthy diet.

This is probably the most important part of your post. Like anything in life if you have too much of something it's bad for you, just like squeezing the juice out of a orange and drinking a hell of a lot of it, it's bad for you. Same for meat. I love eating a good steak or pork ribs or ...( the list goes on), but I've reduced the amount i eat by 75% and I probably still eat too much.

Eaten is small enough doses it's fine (and bloody tasty)

No, you're not. Vegans don't purchase leather. It can be very easily avoided

Lol sorry I have seen plenty of vegans .....who do it because it’s its trendy yet really don’t follow the proper ethos of it

Also environmentally using plastic or vinyl contains chemicals which are shocking for the environment

Vegans love to make out how green they are and how consious they are of the environment ...which is laughable really

Sorry I was married to vegan for 17 years and all her began friends broke all the rules

By the way I’m happy for vegans to be vegans but don’t tell me they are not breaking some rules ...they do

Lol sorry I have seen plenty of vegans .....who do it because it’s its trendy yet really don’t follow the proper ethos of it

Also environmentally using plastic or vinyl contains chemicals which are shocking for the environment

Vegans love to make out how green they are and how consious they are of the environment ...which is laughable really

Sorry I was married to vegan for 17 years and all her began friends broke all the rules

By the way I’m happy for vegans to be vegans but don’t tell me they are not breaking some rules ...they do
Not vegans but close, and its only an online survey but still interesting

''A third of 'vegetarians' eat meat when drunk on a night out

The survey found 69 per cent of so-called veggies said they kept their meat eating a secret from friends and family
One in three have also said they eat meat every time they were drunk on a night out with kebab meat and beef burgers being the most common.
Around 39 per cent said they ate kebab meat when they were under the influence, while 34 per cent said they opted for beef burgers.
But 69 per cent of vegetarians said they did not tell anyone after they had eaten meat.
The survey was conducted by Voucher Codes Pro, a money saving website, which questioned 1,789 people in the UK who were vegetarians.
George Charles, founder of the website, said: "I know a few 'vegetarians' who sometimes crave meat, but it seems that a few are giving into their cravings when drunk.
"I think it's important for friends of these 'vegetarians' to support them when drunk and urge them not to eat meat as I'm sure they regret it the next day."
Twenty-seven per cent of 'vegetarians' said they ate bacon, with 19 per cent devouring fried chicken and 14 per cent eating pork sausages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm vegan and the main reason I do it is for the health benefits. I've felt a lot better since changing my diet.

I'm definitely not preachy. Most people I know would have no idea unless they have eaten with me and commented on what I'm eating and I say something like "it's healthier eating than what most people have".

I don't have a problem with leather boots either. I find it weird that people find that hypocritical itt.

I'm vegan and the main reason I do it is for the health benefits. I've felt a lot better since changing my diet.

I'm definitely not preachy. Most people I know would have no idea unless they have eaten with me and commented on what I'm eating and I say something like "it's healthier eating than what most people have".

I don't have a problem with leather boots either. I find it weird that people find that hypocritical itt.
I think the issue is the 'vegan' label. I just say I eat a plant based diet.
I don't have to brand myself 'Christian' to be nice to people, help old people load shopping etc. or celebrate Christmas.

d02.jpg

I always like to use this in vegan threads.

d02.jpg

There are vegan alternatives for many if not most of the things that that image lists. Plenty of natural dyes and paints, adhesives that do not contain animal products, toiletries and cosmetics that don't use animal products of test on animals, sweets that contain no gelatin...

But I don't think there would be many vegans who are unaware of the impossibility of living a life that is totally vegan. We live in a finite world with limited resources, just being alive in the first world in the 21st century necessitates ways of living that are destructive to the environment and harmful to living creatures.

The fact that a totally perfect veganism is an unattainable ideal doesn't mean there isn't value in trying to live as closely to that ideal as you can, though.

So what is your point? Why do you "like to use" this image in vegan threads? Do you think you are telling us something that we don't already know?

Last edited:
d02.jpg

This is a pretty cynical way of looking at it. Most vegans I know believe in the ‘progress, not perfection principle.’

It’s borderline impossible and impractical in the modern world to eliminate animal products altogether but you can do a myriad of little things to improve the situation for animals, and more importantly, for the planet on the whole.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back