Are we being naive?

Remove this Banner Ad

May 24, 2005
Covid Central
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Socceroos
Are we being naive in thinking that the same officials who thought Jed was worth pick 15, have the capacity to land Josh Kelly?
Forget about landing Kelly AND Martin. More chance of being locked up for ramming a cop car.

My gut feel is the odds of Kelly playing anywhere but NM next season are $1.01.

This is a bit harsh, I can't remember many people on here that weren't happy with the Jed trade. My gut feel is Jed will either stay with the Giants or go to North.

There's me thinking this Jed-for-15 thing had been reduced to running joke. Might as well be me who bites on this one.

Jed was a relatively minor piece in a trade that was mostly pick swaps. The fact we replaced 15 with 17 later in the week wasn't an accident. We may eventually regret passing up Burton and getting stuck with McKay but my money's on not. Though I'm sure a lot here will l'ok wistfully over at burton while he battles away through the Hawfs rebuild.

There's me thinking this Jed-for-15 thing had been reduced to running joke. Might as well be me who bites on this one.

Jed was a relatively minor piece in a trade that was mostly pick swaps. The fact we replaced 15 with 17 later in the week wasn't an accident. We may eventually regret passing up Burton and getting stuck with McKay but my money's on not. Though I'm sure a lot here will l'ok wistfully over at burton while he battles away through the Hawfs rebuild.

Yes indeed. Effectively we traded Pick 15 and Ryan Bastinac for Anderson,Ben McKay and Ryan Clarke. That's not too bad on balance.

It's more than that. It's a fair bet Hibberd was gone before our original second too, and we may we'll have bid on Wags with that pick anyway. I think the pick GC gave us for Currie factored in to the Brisbane trade too.

So 15, Bastinac and Currie for McKay, Anderson, Clarke and Hibberd.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes this s**t again. The bottom line is that we gave up pick 15 in part to get Anderson. But some of you clowns want to excuse that imbecilic trade by the club because in turn we screwed over Brisbane to land a first round pick back. Please give me a spell. Like that makes the Anderson trade right. I'll say it again that both Scotts and Joyces were told that Andersons was a spud but they didn't listen. Another little whisper going around is Hawthorn had pretty much decided to delist Andersons until we came a knocking. So yeah this s**t again! :stern look

No marquee player. No A grade or all australian types for past few years (goldstein excluding for 1 year). Nil pace.

Yet 2 prelims and finals past few years. Competitive this year with 1000+ gone. Look at hawks just getting rid of mitchell and lewis, but bringing in a gun in tmitch. They r struggling worse then us.

Our team has very much overachieved. That is a massivr postive and brad scott has gotten out of the team wat most wouldnt be able to. IF we land a big fish, and draft well, maybe scotts will be a supercoach???

However, development wise we are not good. Swallow almost a grade and falls off. Thomads, thompson, goldstein, hansen, atley, ziebell, cunnington, macmillan, mullet all names who show glimpses but cant break it. Is it there fault our development department? All i can say is imagine a midfield of ziebell, higgins and kelly with goldy. So much pressute off ziebell. We ask our players to play roles they cant. Martin at richmond became a beast playing mid and fwd. We dont have that luxury, so ziebell tires.

Lets see how next year pans out. No doubt we NEED 2 or 3 young players to push for a grade status from now til next year. Clarke is building, so is turner brown and wood.

All im saying is we were lucky to have some success past few years. I see last off season this success, from the clubs point of view, was not good enough. And they want ultimate success. Make no mistake, they are aiming for the major prize. While arguments of hansen and gibson types getting gametime over durdin and hibberd and such are viable, they r also protecting young players from being too exposed straight up.
And if we dont get our big fishies, draft away, and go again at whoever is available next year. Will prob be better placed, having used a top pick and then bringing in an elite player in 2 years ready for a tilt in 2 to 4. Not all is lost.. we have done better already this year then i expected.

Yes this s**t again. The bottom line is that we gave up pick 15 in part to get Anderson. But some of you clowns want to excuse that imbecilic trade by the club because in turn we screwed over Brisbane to land a first round pick back. Please give me a spell. Like that makes the Anderson trade right. I'll say it again that both Scotts and Joyces were told that Andersons was a spud but they didn't listen. Another little whisper going around is Hawthorn had pretty much decided to delist Andersons until we came a knocking. So yeah this s**t again! :stern look

And why would that be a concern, us screwing over Brisbane, if indeed we did screw them over???

And why the little whisper now about Anderson and trade done nearly two years ago???

Yup,never let the facts get in the way.

And why would that be a concern, us screwing over Brisbane, if indeed we did screw them over???

And why the little whisper now about Anderson and trade done nearly two years ago???
It's not a concern of mine that we screwed over Brisbane Big H. I highlight it because some on here ye use it to justify the Andersons trade. It's a nonsense. :stern look

In regards to the whisper about Hawthorn intending on delisting Andersons prior to our interest, well time has a way of taking time. :stern look

If this is close to accurate we are run by some ass clowns.
I guess Omeara is the karma bus.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No marquee player. No A grade or all australian types for past few years (goldstein excluding for 1 year). Nil pace.

Yet 2 prelims and finals past few years. Competitive this year with 1000+ gone. Look at hawks just getting rid of mitchell and lewis, but bringing in a gun in tmitch. They r struggling worse then us.

Our team has very much overachieved. That is a massivr postive and brad scott has gotten out of the team wat most wouldnt be able to. IF we land a big fish, and draft well, maybe scotts will be a supercoach???

However, development wise we are not good. Swallow almost a grade and falls off. Thomads, thompson, goldstein, hansen, atley, ziebell, cunnington, macmillan, mullet all names who show glimpses but cant break it. Is it there fault our development department? All i can say is imagine a midfield of ziebell, higgins and kelly with goldy. So much pressute off ziebell. We ask our players to play roles they cant. Martin at richmond became a beast playing mid and fwd. We dont have that luxury, so ziebell tires.

Lets see how next year pans out. No doubt we NEED 2 or 3 young players to push for a grade status from now til next year. Clarke is building, so is turner brown and wood.

All im saying is we were lucky to have some success past few years. I see last off season this success, from the clubs point of view, was not good enough. And they want ultimate success. Make no mistake, they are aiming for the major prize. While arguments of hansen and gibson types getting gametime over durdin and hibberd and such are viable, they r also protecting young players from being too exposed straight up.
And if we dont get our big fishies, draft away, and go again at whoever is available next year. Will prob be better placed, having used a top pick and then bringing in an elite player in 2 years ready for a tilt in 2 to 4. Not all is lost.. we have done better already this year then i expected.
Way too rational post mate.

Nah. Picks 38 and 40 cost us 15. Jed cost 55.

Go look at page 2 of the Jed Thread...you had reservations.

Gee I hope their 4 premiership cups are deep enough to catch their tears. (rolly eyes thingy)

Let's not talk about the "success" of reaching a couple of prelims. It makes us sound like a loser club with bugger all silverware. Next we'll be releasing DVDs of the 9 game streak.

Yup,never let the facts get in the way.

I remember the facts around the Jonny Hay trade. We didn't really give up two first round picks for Hay. We got back Daniel McConnell who was clearly worth a first rounder, and of course we got an AA defender. Two first rounders was a bargain. We win that one.

And I remember the facts around the Josh Gibson trade. Not only did it allow us to select both Ryan Bastinac and Aaron Black, but we also snagged Ayden Kennedy with another pick we conned out of Hawthorn. Yup, winning that trade too.

And so I have no doubt that the facts around the Jed Anderson trade must surely be all about Ryan Bastinac because we are winning like Charlie Sheen and Donald Trump.

And anything else is fake news.

49jkae5rf1cx.png

Lets see what Terry said.....he seems to know it all....like Father Son's are less relevant to a kid wanting to switch clubs than a post-code and an extra 10 min drive

tezza.jpg

Gee I hope their 4 premiership cups are deep enough to catch their tears. (rolly eyes thingy)

Let's not talk about the "success" of reaching a couple of prelims. It makes us sound like a loser club with bugger all silverware. Next we'll be releasing DVDs of the 9 game streak.

Great point they made the summit. But if you read on from what i perceive, we tried to and didnt quite get there, and the club arent happy with it, which is a positive. But i do think, given the right mix, both our coach and underperformers can show the goods.

Case in point, was watching port last night. Ricciuto asked about boak, and why he was playing so bad for such a quality player. Answer? Theyre playing him outside mid now to let younger players in the guts. Exactly what we did to swallow, who didny cut it either. But its what we have always asked of cunnington, ziebell and others. To play out and inside when they dont have the tools. Add martin and kelly, our midfield is the best in league easily because our mids already there have pressure off them. And scotts has more to work with. Anf fwds get better service. Its a trickle effect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back