Are we being naive?

Our player development, trading acumen and acceptance on player performance for an extended period of time, is the reason we have built a weak foundation that produces these inconsistencies from a majority of our players.

Would Jed be a better player if he stayed at Hawthorn?

Should we have given up Goldstein so Hale could have stayed? One ended up being a premiership player. How would that have gone down here?

TruRoos7

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think we are being more naive when we have a coach who comes out publicly and says we aren't giving up on finals after we have been beaten comfortably by the aints and tiges and are sitting 3rd last with Carlton, Melbourne, aints and pies above us..
We have more chance of landing Kelly than making the eight and we have more chance of landing Kelly and Martin than we have of winning the flag of we did make the 8.
We would have to do the greatest impersonation of stevie Bradbury since, well stevie Bradbury to do any of the above...

Supa_Nova

Team Captain
Oct 6, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think we are being more naive when we have a coach who comes out publicly and says we aren't giving up on finals after we have been beaten comfortably by the aints and tiges and are sitting 3rd last with Carlton, Melbourne, aints and pies above us..
We have more chance of landing Kelly than making the eight and we have more chance of landing Kelly and Martin than we have of winning the flag of we did make the 8.
We would have to do the greatest impersonation of stevie Bradbury since, well stevie Bradbury to do any of the above...

Coach has to say that to media. Of course we r shot. We were shot after 0 and 5.

Mr. Blonde

Premiership Player
Dec 16, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
So we are calling Jed a bust already are we? A kid who has been with us for 18 months and had a bad run with injuries?

I think he just needs a decent run and we will see him flourish over the next couple of seasons.

Steele7

Club Legend
Aug 4, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Grassy Hawks
Our player development has to change. And it starts next year with our own VFL team. As good as he win for Werribee was yesterday. We only had 1 mid in the centre bounce most of the day, Swallow. Would of liked to have seen Hibberd/Williams get a run in the middle.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So we are calling Jed a bust already are we? A kid who has been with us for 18 months and had a bad run with injuries?

I think he just needs a decent run and we will see him flourish over the next couple of seasons.
i wouldnt say he was bust, just another depth player but hardly the saviour some were hoping, he was stake knives in the deal that saw us unload another plodder through basti and got us the 2nd rounder that we were able to get clarke with ( another honest midfield workhorse but nothing special).

but you have to keep flipping players to determine if there are any diamonds in though rough. hopefully probability would suggest that their is another fyfe or sloane or parker type in the 20-30 region sooner or later.

Hate to break it to you but the same people that got us jed also got us williams and hrovat.

Yep. If one was s**t trading (and I don't think we'll know till he gets more of a run at it,) clearly they learned from that.

Hate to break it to you but the same people that got us jed also got us williams and hrovat.
You don't say. Like I had no idea. Turn it up Saunders. The same people also brought in Higgins and Waite. They are chasing Kelly and Martin. I am being critical of the Andersons trade. Remember this. I'm an intellectual giant. You're a guy who is a Glorified Masseuse :stern look

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You don't say. Like I had no idea. Turn it up Saunders. The same people also brought in Higgins and Waite. They are chasing Kelly and Martin. I am being critical of the Andersons trade. Remember this. I'm an intellectual giant. You're a guy who is a Glorified Masseuse :stern look
Just seems odd that you would mention all 3 trades in the one go. Fair enough if a previous list manager brought in marley and hrovat and then joyce brought in jed. Instead it almost balances out your argument and puts joyce and co. back even.

Just seems odd that you would mention all 3 trades in the one go. Fair enough if a previous list manager brought in marley and hrovat and then joyce brought in jed. Instead it almost balances out your argument and puts joyce and co. back even.
It's not odd. What it does highlight that at times Joyces has an inflated opinion about a player. Like I said leave the thinking to me whilst you play with groins. :stern look

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Sometimes we recruit well.
Sometimes we don't recruit well.

By 100% of the evidence available at 8.52pm on June 18, 2017, Jed Anderson falls into the latter category. Other examples prior and subsequent fall into the former.

That's all. Move on.

South West 29

Cancelled
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I remember the facts around the Jonny Hay trade. We didn't really give up two first round picks for Hay. We got back Daniel McConnell who was clearly worth a first rounder, and of course we got an AA defender. Two first rounders was a bargain. We win that one.

And I remember the facts around the Josh Gibson trade. Not only did it allow us to select both Ryan Bastinac and Aaron Black, but we also snagged Ayden Kennedy with another pick we conned out of Hawthorn. Yup, winning that trade too.

And so I have no doubt that the facts around the Jed Anderson trade must surely be all about Ryan Bastinac because we are winning like Charlie Sheen and Donald Trump.

And anything else is fake news.

View attachment 382764
images (2).jpg

Dunno. That Jon Hay trade still hurts me today.

Long Live the King

Premiership Player
Feb 24, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I always think of that movie The Firm when situations like Kellys come up. Clubs meeting players in hotel rooms talking about culture and heritage and opportunity then sliding the envelope across the table. Reality wont be far removed. My concern might sound a little melodramatic but North used to sell its Culture, now it sell its Facilities.

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I always think of that movie The Firm when situations like Kellys come up. Clubs meeting players in hotel rooms talking about culture and heritage and opportunity then sliding the envelope across the table. Reality wont be far removed. My concern might sound a little melodramatic but North used to sell its Culture, now it sell its Facilities.
Corroded weights >>> rubber coated weights.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Back