Are We Benefitting from the 666 rule?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pondering this
Witts gets good hitout stats and maybe our younger bodies aren't being swamped by opposition big bodies
Dunno
We're coping with it pretty well. It seems to be helping Powell, who has space on the wing to use his pace.

The 666 rule helps the better players show their skills. I'm enjoying watching that & I reckon the players would be enjoying playing with that rule too. I'm impressed by how our mids are combining to get the ball out of the centre.

I'm not sure of the stats, but it seemed like there were about 10 goals kicked from centre clearances in the R1 match against St Kilda & we got about half of them. Goals were harder to come by against Freo, but our mids battled manfully against their bigger guys, like Fyfe, Mundy & Hogan.

It should be easier for key forwards & harder for key backs. We've been exposed a couple of times by opposition key forwards, but having Ballard to help Collins & Hombsch has been good. Our key forwards haven't really capitalised on being one-on-one in the goalsquare, but circumstances have led to us often playing smaller guys like Swallow in that role.

Too early . The way GCS bomb it inside 50 it not going to work against skillful team . St Kilda , Fremantle or even Bulldog are rebuilding team .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back