Analysis Are we better in 2018 than in 2015?

Are we better in 2018 than in 2015?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Doubtful.

Everything worked perfectly.

Planets aligned.

Need everything to be perfect to be even a sniff of a chance

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

A lot went wrong in 2018 injury wise.

Three of our top 10 players missed finals.

JK missd a swag of games as did Shuey, Darling, Venables and Ryan.

So in no way was 2018 the perfect season.

Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
soccer rugby union and le
A lot went wrong in 2018 injury wise.

Three of our top 10 players missed finals.

JK missd a swag of games as did Shuey, Darling, Venables and Ryan.

So in no way was 2018 the perfect season.
I keep harping on about the comparison of WCE to the great Hawks dynasties and last year showed that.The Hawks would burst out of the blocks and win a swag of games then have a mini slump in the middle of the year then come back and surge towards finals.We didnt mean it to happen that way but it did.Compare that to Richmond who kept winning at the G' and put immense pressure on themselves and it broke at the wrong time.Our KPP stocks have soared,our defence runs deep,more midfield depth,crumbing forwards galore and most crucially NN come back in time for a run at the finals.Imagine building towards the finals at the back half of the season and being able to bring in a guy thats the best ruckman in the country,is an "A" grade midfielder and if he chose could probably rate in the best 2 or 3 key forwards going.Lack of talent wont stop us.Its very important that the coaching staff keep their feet on the ground.The history of the AFL is littered with teams going on long winning runs and failing in September hence the "April Premiers" title.Keep dropping under performing players,keep promoting WAFL form,dont play favourites,keep playing the younguns,keep the team humble! Simmo is already saying the right things.We can go B2B. I have mates who think we can go go X3.As an aside i am a BIG fan of the Dockers womens team.I hope they can win a flag coz that is the ultimate insult to Lyons mob.Imagine the years of shame ahead of them should it come to pass.

Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
soccer rugby union and le
Really looking forward to tonight.Im very excited about Brander and Allen.I didnt think Cameron would feature this early but good on him for earning his possie and good on WC for giving him a crack.Surely we have the most talented indigenous players in the league.Watson,Rioli,Ryan and Cameron, very very exciting with the big plus that they bring a high work rate!

Next question: can we be better in 2019 than we were in 2018?
Imagine if it turns out to be so.

Just Imagine.

If leave town if I didn’t support the Eagles :D

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
This is now no longer a debate. I'm thinking we're better than in 2005-07 as well. Certainly more depth.

The_Eagles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2005
North Fremantle
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
australia
IMO the 2018/2019 pyramid/hierarchy has more star level players than 05/06 and Kennedy and McGovern equalise Judd and Cousins almost.

Judd-Cousins
Cox-Kerr-Glass
Embley-Hunter-Wirrpanda-Braun

McGovern-Kennedy
Gaff-Shuey-Naitanui-Yeo-Hurn-Darling
Sheed-Barrass-Sheppard-Redden-Ryan-LeCras

Back